• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Permabanned
The web is plastered with these issues we are seeing. How these have gone unnoticed by their QA team baffles me.

Hi, Issues were to be expected, every time there's a big change to an architecture it takes time to get the kinks ironed out. Regulars on tech forums like this one should know this & keep it in mind when buying a product on launch.

Soldato
A bit like "macs dont get viruses!"

As also @Dave2150 said.
When I was complaining about Nvidia drivers from September 2016, which dropped performance, support for 144hz with the XL2730Z over DP, and sound over 100hz refresh rate settings, I was told in here that was crazy.
Then moment posted the link (from NV forums) of the big discussion (over 500 pages long) with those issues people had (and never fixed since) on various monitors, I was called a heretic.

Similarly last year with the RTX card failure rates. The usual shills in here, were trying to talk down the chaos in the Nvidia forums, yet when many had issues here, were also faced dismissal and negativity

Soldato
As also @Dave2150 said.
When I was complaining about Nvidia drivers from September 2016, which dropped performance, support for 144hz with the XL2730Z over DP, and sound over 100hz refresh rate settings, I was told in here that was crazy.
Then moment posted the link (from NV forums) of the big discussion (over 500 pages long) with those issues people had (and never fixed since) on various monitors, I was called a heretic.

Similarly last year with the RTX card failure rates. The usual shills in here, were trying to talk down the chaos in the Nvidia forums, yet when many had issues here, were also faced dismissal and negativity
Sir, I must admit that is an excellent hand to have. But I can bet your 500 with a full house!

And COUNTING
:D

But no, no, lets focus on drivers with a newly released Uarch. which we know will get better given time. Because we know if it ain't perfect the 1st time, historically, everytime then we have a "problem" :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
Sir, I must admit that is an excellent hand to have. But I can bet your 500 with a full house!

And COUNTING
:D

But no, no, lets focus on drivers with a newly released Uarch. which we know will get better given time. Because we know if it ain't perfect the 1st time, historically, everytime then we have a "problem" :rolleyes:

There is another discussion in NV forums, from September 2016 (3y ago) with issues of losing sound, and many Freesync monitors not working at full refresh rates any more with GTX1080 & 1070.
Also the one with the perf drop is true. Go to the benchmarks eg firestrike in this forum. Try to find my GTX1080 graphic results. The only 1080 beat it were the 11 Gbps cards that came 6 months later, after the release of the 1080Ti. All drivers after the one posted my scores, had reduced perf... in 2016..... So no excuses for dropping optimization to older cards etc malarkey.

19.7.2 are peculiar drivers with my Vega 64. If I run both The Division 2 (DX12) and X4 Foundations (Vulkan) from their launchers the performance (and visuals ) are tad poor.
By using the overriding profiles (2x MSAA, AF16, Quality Texture Filters) and executing them from Wattman, I get better visuals, especially on Division 2 getting rid the TAA crap, and more fps.
And that comparing to 19.5.2 which was using the since May. Avoided 19.6.x because was getting blurry graphics on ESO & WOT.

Last edited:
Soldato
There is another discussion in NV forums, from September 2016 (3y ago) with issues of losing sound, and many Freesync monitors not working at full refresh rates any more with GTX1080 & 1070.
Also the one with the perf drop is true. Go to the benchmarks eg firestrike in this forum. Try to find my GTX1080 graphic results. The only 1080 beat it were the 11 Gbps cards that came 6 months later, after the release of the 1080Ti. All drivers after the one posted my scores, had reduced perf... in 2016..... So no excuses for dropping optimization to older cards etc malarkey.

19.7.2 are peculiar drivers with my Vega 64. If I run both The Division 2 (DX12) and X4 Foundations (Vulkan) from their launchers the performance (and visuals ) are tad poor.
By using the overriding profiles (2x MSAA, AF16, Quality Texture Filters) and executing them from Wattman, I get better visuals, especially on Division 2 getting rid the TAA crap, and more fps.
And that comparing to 19.5.2 which was using the since May. Avoided 19.6.x because was getting blurry graphics on ESO & WOT.

It's no surprise to me. We've seen this all before. It's like a marry go round. But what I don't understand is why are we getting these ridiculous posts trying to tarnish Navi launch?
I find it hard to believe one would think we wouldn't find counter points as well as proof to rebuff such claims. And yet...here we are doing so.

Associate
But what I don't understand is why are we getting these ridiculous posts trying to tarnish Navi launch?

Well, you have the paid Nvidia shills running damage control, the bitter folks who are trying to justify their expensive Nvidia purchases, and then there's the mindless drones who are just regurgitating the tripe the shills have fed them. :p

Back
Top Bottom