1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The AMD Driver Thread

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by LtMatt, Dec 18, 2014.

1. MyBrainz

Wise Guy

Same on my V56 :)

I'm missing locking the P States though, kinda need that for a few games i play, drivers need an update asap.

Btw every time i run 3DMark it says i have messed with tessellation when i havnt touched that setting, making the result invalid. Wtf is that about?

2. 5t3v0

Gangster

Not considered this before but seems like a no regrets action to enable at game level. Will give it whirl on BL3 seeing as back on 19.12.1

3. TonyTurbo78

Sgarrista

Where is vsync or frame cap on this new driver? Just for reference

4. Poneros

Mobster

I'm liking integer scaling, it really does a lot. In the end though I realised I'm too committed to 4K and am not gonna use it besides for old games. Time to rollback drivers, even though having RIS at a driver level means I can finally use sharpening in AC Odyssey/Origins with HDR! Ah well.

5. shankly1985

Capodecina

Frame cap is now put with Chill so if you want to limit to say 120fps put min and max to 120fps and can be set per game profile. I believe Vsync now also works on APIs other than OpenGL and OpenGL has its own Vsync setting now.

6. TonyTurbo78

Sgarrista

Thanks mate, just finishing up this build for a mate where I've put in a rx590. Wanted to limit the fps to 60 as he'll be gaming on a TV to start with. Didnt want to confuse him with to many 3rd party progs

7. shankly1985

Capodecina

No problem mate, once I got my head around the new UI I really enjoying it.

8. Yrkoon

Wise Guy

when i first put these drivers in, rage 2 had corrupted splash screens on start up but the game loaded fine, the corruption on splash screens seems to have stopped not sure what was going on there.

maybe it was enhanced sync or something i turned a lot of that stuff off.

9. FredFlint

Wise Guy

the new driver is very bad for my FuryX, had to go back to the older one.

10. MyBrainz

Wise Guy

My Vega 56 memory clocks are locking to 700 again, now thats an old bug. Im rolling back. Switching to Nvidia soon anyway.

11. SpudMaster

Mobster

For me performance is the same a previous drivers with my Vega 56, as far a I can tell anyway. Not sure I like the new interface though, seems like theres a lot more clicking to be done to get the features. Maybe its because I'm not used to it yet...
    How do you edit what is shows in the in game performance overlay? I always turn off fan rpm because my card has a waterblock fitted but I can't find how you edit it now :confused:

EDIT - Nevermind I've figured it out, click in eye symbole next to the metric under the performance tab

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  12. MyBrainz

Wise Guy

I rolled back, it was adding all sorts of programs to the Game Profile list.. heres an example for DayZ.

[​IMG]

It was adding plugins after i took this screenshot.

These drivers are Beta at best.

I'm probably gona pick up a 1660 Super and sell the Red Dragon Vega 56.

Cant believe i am most likely going to the evil green team now :(

13. Phixsator

Mobster

If that's all it takes to get your pee warm and fuzzy then you are going to "love" the slow loading of the nvidia control panel. Ohh and profiles are even slower to manage. I feel a bit sorry for you, you gotta be stressed about a whole lot of things if a few incorrect profiles can get you this negative. FYI the automatic detection of games has work pretty well so fare for me with none of these issues. Anyway I wish you the best and yes I actually mean that.

14. nashathedog

Sgarrista

Adrenalin 2020

So far it seems to work fine here, I've only tested it with a handful of games though, ie: Fallout 4, Pixel Puzzles Ultimate, Age of Defense, Dead Stop & Call of Chernobyl. I'm not keen on the ui but as has been mentioned my opinion might change once I'm used to it.

15. r22snapper

Hitman

Installed fine and working perfectly on my Vega 64 reference. I imported my overclock and undervolt profiles from the old drivers and they also work perfectly. Very happy here.

16. Panos

Capodecina

Installed new drivers today, as was in mood to upgrade bios and chipset also :D

Why nobody mentioned that RIS has now a sharpness slider? Something the NV fans were picking on since July, even when the NV solution of Image Sharpening was pathetic.

Also must say loving the new UI and never thought AMD could improve to the previous pretty sleek UI also. :D

17. NathG79

Gangster

Installed 19.12.2 last night.
    Have not had a chance to go through it in depth yet.

Has P-State min/max locking definitely been disabled now?.

I Have a Vega 64 LC and being able to do this was very important.

18. RBImGuy

Gangster

Still there.
    Just need to click the tabs to get access to them

Hum, no, still there a bit hidden.
    Need to click a few tabs to open them up

Tab, performance and tuning

19. OLDPHART

Soldato

Vega56 using custom profile no problems at all.

20. NathG79

Gangster

Nice one, Thanks.