• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Associate
As mentioned in the Vega 56 thread, with the 2020 drivers, 2 crossfire games i tried so far crash on load. Reverted back to the 2019 one and Witcher 3 and Tomb raider 2013 work properly on crossfire.

Ill wait until this get ironed out. I am in the minority though so possibly might not even be fixed..

Caporegime
If that's all it takes to get your pee warm and fuzzy then you are going to "love" the slow loading of the nvidia control panel. Ohh and profiles are even slower to manage. I feel a bit sorry for you, you gotta be stressed about a whole lot of things if a few incorrect profiles can get you this negative. FYI the automatic detection of games has work pretty well so fare for me with none of these issues. Anyway I wish you the best and yes I actually mean that.

Yeah the Nvidia Control Panel Loading is a joke, it takes at least a couple of seconds, if that :p

Associate
For everyone saying Pstates are gone, am I looking at the right thing here? You can just type the numbers into the boxes, you don't need to use the sliders/dials.

When left clicking on a P State..

Ig2Qs7h.png

I also had memory clock locking to 700Mhz on those new drivers, with no option like the above i am stuck at 700Mhz or have to run default settings as every time i change drivers settings i would have the memory clock bug after each reboot.

About the Nvidia control panel being slow, i tested a 1050ti back in the summer, it loaded up right away for me so not sure how it could be any slower than Wattman which can take ages on some options when you click on them.

Associate
Vega 56 user here and everything seems to be running smoothly so far, main games being Borderlands 3 and Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (Ashina Castle is still like Blighttown :p).
I use MSI Afterburner to overclock so can't comment on that side of the driver/interface.

Soldato
As mentioned in the Vega 56 thread, with the 2020 drivers, 2 crossfire games i tried so far crash on load. Reverted back to the 2019 one and Witcher 3 and Tomb raider 2013 work properly on crossfire.

Ill wait until this get ironed out. I am in the minority though so possibly might not even be fixed..

Have you tried Jedi Fallen Order by any chance? Curious to know what performance you're getting at 4K with XF V56. Thinking of adding another cheapo V64 to mine.

Soldato

Use DDU. Installed the drivers over the 19.11.1 with Factory reset. Yet performance was half in games than should be. eg I was getting 55fps on Phoenix Point which wasn't the case with the older drivers.
After DDU, getting 90+ fps as normal. Other games were not affected like TF2 or WOT though.

Soldato
I am very impressed with the changes to AMD Link. Quality is very good, this is over WIFI on not the best WIFI signal also SKY Router LOL

54rj8t3q4a441.png

Associate
Vega 56 user here and everything seems to be running smoothly so far, main games being Borderlands 3 and Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (Ashina Castle is still like Blighttown :p).
I use MSI Afterburner to overclock so can't comment on that side of the driver/interface.

Did you run a before and after benchmark in Borderlands 3 and see no change? I lost 4 fps using like for like settings on my V56 going from 19.12.1 to 19.12.2. If you did get the same results then it points to the new Wattman app being the cause of my drop. I might try the new driver with MSI Afterburner later

Last edited:
Soldato
For everyone saying Pstates are gone, am I looking at the right thing here? You can just type the numbers into the boxes, you don't need to use the sliders/dials.

Cdpv7ui.jpg

Ahhh of course. Instead of setting State 7 as the minimum like you would do in the older drivers, you just set state 0-6 to be equal to what state 7 reads. Should achieve the same thing in the end. Though not as elegant.

Caporegime
New driver looks fantastic! Nvidia looking even more dated now, didn't think that was possible lol :p

So what do people recommend in terms of anti lag, sync etc. for my setup?

60HZ non freesync monitor - mainly for FPS with M+K
60/120HZ non freesync 1440/4k TV - for all other games with controller

Tear free experience is a must have as I always use vsync and lock to 60 fps unless using the 120HZ option on my telly.

Last edited:
Soldato
New driver looks fantastic! Nvidia looking even more dated now, didn't think that was possible lol :p

So what do people recommend in terms of anti lag, sync etc. for my setup?

60HZ non freesync monitor - mainly for FPS with M+K
60/120HZ non freesync 1440/4k TV - for all other games with controller

Tear free experience is a must have as I always use vsync and lock to 60 fps unless using the 120HZ option on my telly.

They dont bother updating their control panel as they obviously cant fleece any money from milking the nvidia mugs, its wasted resources with no profit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom