• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
Let us know how it goes :)

Epic fail... I was downloading AMD cleanup utility it asked for my pc to be restarted which I did, for some reason my password was wrong, the pc had no internet after the restart so i had to do a reformat. I installed 19.12.1 after the reformat and had black screen no signal again, i opened my pc reset the ram and GPU everything seems ok atm...

Soldato
Epic fail... I was downloading AMD cleanup utility it asked for my pc to be restarted which I did, for some reason my password was wrong, the pc had no internet after the restart so i had to do a reformat. I installed 19.12.1 after the reformat and had black screen no signal again, i opened my pc reset the ram and GPU everything seems ok atm...

What AMD clean up utility you talking about?

Soldato
Tehe! Cheers homie. Since 20.1.2 and a new high-quality DP lead, I'm having major no signal issues in all 3 DP on the back of GPU. Totally not fun lol.
I'm the same my self, was getting black screen issues, high quality dp cable, newest drivers, not 1 black screen!

Don't cheap out on your dp cable folks.

Associate
Is the general consensus here to avoid the 2020 Edition drivers?

I have noticed that nearly all games microstutter on the 2020 drivers. I have learnt in this thread that Chill or Anti Lag seems to be a culprit for many, but i need to use Chill on many games to lock the FPS on my monitor (i hate both tearing and V-Sync!).

At least the 19.12.1 had a simple FPS limier - no idea why they binned that off!

Soldato
Is the general consensus here to avoid the 2020 Edition drivers?

I have noticed that nearly all games microstutter on the 2020 drivers. I have learnt in this thread that Chill or Anti Lag seems to be a culprit for many, but i need to use Chill on many games to lock the FPS on my monitor (i hate both tearing and V-Sync!).

At least the 19.12.1 had a simple FPS limier - no idea why they binned that off!

I use 20.1.2 atm, neither had issues with 19.12.2/3. Just had to use DDU between 19.11.1 and 19.12.2 because the changes are many.

Soldato
Worth downloading the new drivers for Vega?

I'm still rocking 19.10.2, which were released around the time of Call of Duty. That's the only game I really play and haven't experienced any major issues, so adopted the old "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" school of thought.

Permabanned
AMD not sorted their drivers out yet?

What do you mean? If you have a particular complaint, send a ticket and try to follow, maybe a response will be sent to you.

I haven't got any issues with my drivers, so that to force me to completely throw my Radeon out if the window.

Given that nvidia is stuck at ancient 90s type of GUI, I think the only way forward is strictly AMD..

Caporegime
What do you mean? If you have a particular complaint, send a ticket and try to follow, maybe a response will be sent to you.

I haven't got any issues with my drivers, so that to force me to completely throw my Radeon out if the window.

Given that nvidia is stuck at ancient 90s type of GUI, I think the only way forward is strictly AMD..

Look on Reddit... AMD to their credit do acknowledge their drivers need work.

Permabanned
Soldato
Worth downloading the new drivers for Vega?

I'm still rocking 19.10.2, which were released around the time of Call of Duty. That's the only game I really play and haven't experienced any major issues, so adopted the old "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" school of thought.

I would stay with the last adrenelin 2019 driver 19.12.1 or whatever its called. I had small but annoying issues with my vega 64 with every 2020 driver

Back
Top Bottom