• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Caporegime
OP
Yep deffo not an option mate in these drivers... doesn't exist anywhere, used to use it a lot and wanted to run BF3/BF4 over the three monitors now they get over 200fps maxed etc... but serious eyefinity option just isn't even there :(
Odd. What was the last driver that worked with Eyefinity on your setup?

Caporegime
OP
I'll be honest, not really checked knowingly as not ran it for a year or so now... so it would've been 12 months at least... don't get why it's not there at all. annoying actually, might uninstall the latest driver and reinstall just see what it does.
Try following the steps in the kb see if that helps as that was done using a 6800 XT.

Associate
AMD Drivers are garbage, id never get an newer driver which one works 100% after Radeon 18.2.1 (2018) for the APU in my HTPC.

Most common fails are driver resets or graphical errors.:cry:

I had a long time only AMD GPUs from the 3870x2 till the R9 290, but ill never buy an AMD GPU again.:rolleyes:
But there are new horizons with Intel and an Chinese GPU Company,
not needed to fix for Nvidia if ure not planing to go for Highend.

Load of ********.

Caporegime
OP
Ah for sure not everyone is hanging out in a forum all day like 24/7,some people work for its own money.
But yeah now for sure its a chinese company LOL i can post it after a hard day of work while u sitting on ure money or on the parents one:

https://www.mthreads.com/

(I prefer u sitting on ure parents one cause u are to intelligent to work ( you studi someting like gender ), just sitting in a forum and say anything) (Ignored too)
Are you 53 and from Scotland by any chance? :cry:

I'll have a look at that.

EDIT Link is genuine!

Last edited:
Associate
Ah for sure not everyone is hanging out in a forum all day like 24/7,some people work for its own money.
But yeah now for sure its a chinese company LOL i can post it after a hard day of work while u sitting on ure money or on the parents one:

https://www.mthreads.com/

(I prefer u sitting on ure parents one cause u are to intelligent to work ( you studi someting like gender ), just sitting in a forum and say anything) (Ignored too)

Sure thing, Adolf. ;)

Soldato
AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.4.1 Highlights
Support For

• Unreal® Engine 5.0 and City Sample.
Fixed Issues
  • Visual artifacts in Horizon Zero Dawn™ may be observed during gameplay on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6800 XT.
  • Cursor may be misaligned in some titles such as Horizon Zero Dawn™ and resolution changes while using Radeon™ Super Resolution.
  • Performance Metrics Overlay may be misaligned after snapping the window to either side of the desktop.
Known Issues
  • Display mode of 4K 120Hz may be missing on some FreeSync™ displays using some AMD Graphics Products such as Radeon™ RX 5700 XT.
  • GPU utilization may be stuck at 100% in Radeon performance metrics after closing games on some AMD Graphics Products such as Radeon™ 570.
  • Some users on Windows® 10 operating system may observe the absence of the windows transparency aero effect.
  • Ryzen CPU Overclock settings may be changed after resetting or importing a profile from Radeon Performance Tuning Options.
  • Using Radeon™ Super Resolution on 2560x1600 resolution displays may produce a system hang. A temporary workaround is to set the display Scaling Mode to Full Panel.
  • Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
  • Radeon performance metrics and logging features may intermittently report extremely high and incorrect memory clock values.
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-22-4-1

Soldato
Tried installing the latest drivers as I was having issues in Horizon Zero Dawn on my 5700XT. Had issues enough installing those previous drivers, kick off the install of the 22.4.1 driver.... and it failed again. Download the driver manually rather than letting it auto update, again the same 1603 general error during installation. Have had more issues with AMD drivers in the past month than I did for years of using Nvidia, so frustrating.

Caporegime
OP
Tried installing the latest drivers as I was having issues in Horizon Zero Dawn on my 5700XT. Had issues enough installing those previous drivers, kick off the install of the 22.4.1 driver.... and it failed again. Download the driver manually rather than letting it auto update, again the same 1603 general error during installation. Have had more issues with AMD drivers in the past month than I did for years of using Nvidia, so frustrating.
Error 1603 is usually some sort of local system issue. Try the suggestions mentioned here if you have not already.

Soldato
I got directed to that link by the driver, I've tried a few of the steps. Namely removing all the old C++ redists (a few had Chinese/Japanese descriptions/uninstall menus... which was weird?!) and ran the various DISM and SFC commands. Dism found and fixed something, although I didn't fancy trawling through the logs to see what. After a reboot the driver was installed ok, despite the error.
Initially fired up HZD to be greeted with with an even more annoying glitch than previously. Rather than shaking trees/ropes, I had constant hud flickering and black frames. Jumped to another game for a bit with no issues, then back to HZD and it was ok again.
Fingers crossed it's sorted itself out!

Back
Top Bottom