• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Highlights
  • Support for:
    • Atomic Heart™
    • Company of Heroes™ 3
Fixed Issues
  • Corruption may be briefly observed when moving Netflix video between displays or minimize-to-fullscreen on some AMD Products such as AMD Ryzen™ 7 6800U.
  • Maximum encode bitrate is limited to 100Mbps for certain applications.
  • AMD Bug Report Tool pop-up or system hang may be observed after driver upgrade on some hybrid graphics notebooks.
  • Application crash may be observed while playing Hitman 3™ with ray tracing settings enabled.
  • Valve Index® VR headset may show a blank screen with 144Hz refresh rate setting on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • Certain videos played with Movies and TV may briefly show corruption when moving the window between displays on some AMD Graphics Products such as AMD Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.
  • Situational performance drop may be observed in DirectX® 11 based games on Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs using Ryzen™ processors.
Known Issues
  • High idle power has situationally been observed when using select high-resolution and high refresh rate displays on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • Video stuttering or performance drop may be observed during gameplay plus video playback with some extended display configurations on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • Application crash may be observed while opening Premium Gold Packs in EA SPORTS™ FIFA 23.
  • Some virtual reality games or apps may experience lower-than-expected performance on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • Brief display corruption may occur when switching between video and game windows on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.
  • Metrics overlay may intermittently re-size to 50% after gameplay.
  • Corruption may be observed in Returnal™ in certain scenes with ray tracing enabled on Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs.
Package Contents
AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.2.2 Driver Version 22.40.33.01 for Windows® 10 and Windows® 11 (Windows Driver Store Version 31.0.14033.1012).

The AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.2.2 installation package can be downloaded from the following link:
By clicking the Download button, you are confirming that you have read and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement (“EULA”). If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of these licenses, you do not have a license to any of the AMD software provided by this download.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-23-2-2

Does anyone here play DCS? My younger brother (not @Aztec2Step the old hack!) has experienced huge FPS drops in when looking at city areas on what seems like all driver versions since 22.5.1.

He's using a 6600 XT at 1080p with a 5800X on Windows 10 Pro 22H1. He measured FPS as 75 with 22.5.1, which dropped to 45 with 23.2.1, pretty much in line with all driver versions since the former.

Any ideas?

Highlights
  • Support for:
    • Atomic Heart™
    • Company of Heroes™ 3
Fixed Issues
  • Corruption may be briefly observed when moving Netflix video between displays or minimize-to-fullscreen on some AMD Products such as AMD Ryzen™ 7 6800U.
  • AMD Bug Report Tool pop-up or system hang may be observed after driver upgrade on some hybrid graphics notebooks.
  • Application crash may be observed while playing Hitman 3™ with ray tracing settings enabled.
  • Valve Index® VR headset may show a blank screen with 144Hz refresh rate setting on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • Certain videos played with Movies and TV may briefly show corruption when moving the window between displays on some AMD Graphics Products such as AMD Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.
  • Situational performance drop may be observed in DirectX® 11 based games on Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs using Ryzen™ processors.
Known Issues
  • High idle power has situationally been observed when using select high-resolution and high refresh rate displays on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • Video stuttering or performance drop may be observed during gameplay plus video playback with some extended display configurations on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • Application crash may be observed while opening Premium Gold Packs in EA SPORTS™ FIFA 23.
  • Some virtual reality games or apps may experience lower-than-expected performance on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • Brief display corruption may occur when switching between video and game windows on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.
  • Corruption may be observed in Returnal™ in certain scenes with ray tracing enabled on Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs.
Package Contents
AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.2.2 Driver Version 22.40.33.01 for Windows® 10 and Windows® 11 (Windows Driver Store Version 31.0.14033.1012).

The AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.2.2 installation package can be downloaded from the following link:
By clicking the Download button, you are confirming that you have read and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement (“EULA”). If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of these licenses, you do not have a license to any of the AMD software provided by this download.

Will get these bad boys on tomorrow as I have CoH 3 pending. Thanks.

latest drivers cause poker night 2 pc game to have flickering squares with these latest drivers. Using high quality. If low then its ok but lighting sucks in it on low.

Last edited:
Highlights
  • Support for:
    • Atomic Heart™
    • Company of Heroes™ 3
Fixed Issues
Known Issues
Package Contents

Looks like they've added a bit more info.

Company of Heroes™ 3
  • Up to 13% increase in performance for Company of Heroes 3 @ 4k, using AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition™ 23.2.2 on the Radeon™️ RX 7900XTX, versus the previous software driver version 23.2.1 RS-528
  • Up to 14% increase in performance for Company of Heroes 3 @ 4k, using AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition™ 23.2.2 on the Radeon™️ RX 7900XT, versus the previous software driver version 23.2.1 RS-529
  • Up to 9% increase in performance for Company of Heroes 3 @ 4k, using AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition™ 23.2.2 on the Radeon™️ RX 6950XT, versus the previous software driver version 23.2.1 RS-530
  • Up to 9% increase in performance for Company of Heroes 3 @ 4k, using AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition™ 23.2.2 on the Radeon™️ RX 6800XT, versus the previous software driver version 23.2.1 RS-531
  • Up to 7% increase in performance for Company of Heroes 3 @ 4k, using AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition™ 23.2.2 on the Radeon™️ RX 6650XT, versus the previous software driver version 23.2.1 RS-532

Just installed 23.2.2. They are on but wasn't exactly smooth and a little worrying due to all the borked OS stories. Downloaded from AMD site, chose to do a factory reset as I always do. During installation screens goes black and doesn't come back on as it should. Initial thought was broken OS. Left it a few mins and then did a manual restart and thankfully the installation continued.

How long am I going to have to wait for them to fix:
I've barely turned the PC on since I've had the card just hoping they'll fix this.

To be fair my 1080Ti does the same thing if I set the refresh rate to 144Hz but if I set it to 120Hz for some reason everything clocks down.

When I read all this it scares me - the 7900xtx will need to be 700-800 before I risk it. Seems to me AMD GPU owners spend more time fixing the crap drivers than playing games.

I fairness to AMD, this is the first time I've had any issues with their drivers. Unfortunately when something does go wrong for people it tends to be quite severe like the black screens with the 5700x's and the broken OS'. Even though it doesn't effect a lot of people those who do get the problems understandably complain about then and then the internet dwells on it for ever... :rolleyes:

Its not like Nvidia have been without driver issues

Reactions: J.D
Updated to latest driver skipping the last one that made me bsod.

Went for driver only install and worked this time. Decided to ditch the adrenaline software

Back
Top Bottom