• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
not bothered with this one everything is working like a dream so will stick to the last one

Like you I see no reason to update if everything seems OK but mine was still on drivers from about 5 months ago. I tend to stick with a quarterly or 6 monthly updates rather than with every driver.

Soldato
Anyone using a 6900XT able to use FSR3's frame gen in the new Avatar game ? I'm troubleshooting a friends little HTPC he brought round to mine and every time I enable frame gen in game it comes up with a message saying a monitoring program is having issues with it yet there is no monitoring program of any kind running.​
Using the latest driver.​

Last edited:
Soldato
Installed the preview drivers. Not really tested them yet but I did notice that the overlay doesn't have the option to show CPU temp anymore. Hopefully its just an omission from the previous drivers and not a permanent change.

Soldato
Installed the preview drivers. Not really tested them yet but I did notice that the overlay doesn't have the option to show CPU temp anymore. Hopefully its just an omission from the previous drivers and not a permanent change.
i have it in the preview maybe you it toggled off? or you changed your settings not to monitor cpu

Soldato
i have it in the preview maybe you it toggled off? or you changed your settings not to monitor cpu
No, I noticed the option wasn't there when I was selecting what is show I in the overlay. I don't have any of the power stats for the cpu either, only option is to show frequency. I'll reinstall drivers later to see if I get the options back

Associate
I've had those turned off for a while as it wasn't reporting the sensors I wanted on my AM4 5900x. Adrenaline metrics CPU temp is pulling some average whereas I'd prefer Tctl/Tdie as that reads hotter. And the 'Peak clock speed' is the Effective clock, for me that isn't useful in games.

Is that the same for others?

Suspended
Running the preview, CPU temp is working.

Screenshot_2024-01-13_231801.png

Back
Top Bottom