• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE AMD DRIVERS THREAD**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found some advice that we can give to AMD users having problems with flickering when using firefox and flash.

"If you’re not aware of the Flash problem that’s been going on for quite some time: If you’re having issues with Flash, especially in Firefox, as in the browser freezes when watching videos (ie Youtube) you might be blaming the drivers but that’s not the case. Flash is buggy at best and with hardware acceleration enabled or without it you’re still going to have issues. To fix this you’ll need to disable Protected Mode."

Edit mm.cfg and add/edit this line: ProtectedMode = 0
Windows 32bit: C:\windows\system32\macromed\flash
Windows 64bit: C:\windows\syswow64\macromed\flash

Source
http://benchmark3d.com/amd-catalyst-12-8-whql-benchmark/4

Hi All. Could some one please help me, I am at my wits end. The only thing I haven't done is a fresh install of windows. Anything above AMD_Catalyst_13.2_Beta7 sends my XF to 70c after just booting up. Even with the display drivers installed and not cc. I have done every thing in this thread to clear the old drivers and more.
spec
VTX3D HD 7950 V2 main card
MSI HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Boost Edition
None of the above are OC.
2500K @4400
8GB ram
Win 864bit
TX 850V2
Fractal Design Define XL R2 case

Hi All. Could some one please help me, I am at my wits end. The only thing I haven't done is a fresh install of windows. Anything above AMD_Catalyst_13.2_Beta7 sends my XF to 70c after just booting up. Even with the display drivers installed and not cc. I have done every thing in this thread to clear the old drivers and more.
spec
2500K @4400
8GB ram
Win 864bit
TX 850V2

Can you take them one at a time and see if its both of them or just one of them, some batches of that MSI one have been bad.

spec
2500K @4400
8GB ram
Win 864bit
TX 850V2

Could be that bitcoin mining virus? Open task manager and look for iehighutil. Check it in msconfig under startup as well

New drivers, same date as the old ones

Ive just updated my ati drivers, dated 5/29/2013, But then I looked after in the device manager and there still dated 28/03/2013

Whats going on?

Sorry to highjack but does anyone know when the new AMD drivers are coming out?

I am speculating that they should have already been released by now but the team is working on the HD8970 driver set.

There is either a problem with the new card or the driver/game compatibility with the 8970 and this is why there is no news.

It is also possible that they were waiting for 11.2 DirectX to be formalised with Windows 8.1 before announcing anything.

As Windows 8.1 has been released as a beta today, maybe we will hear a 8970 series announcement/driver release.

As a newer beta release of Catalyst will surely have the 8970 tags within it, maybe they are holding back due to marketing purposes.

Hi, just installed these AMD Win 8.1 now modified to work with Windows 7 and 8, installed just fine no hiccup's yet. Here's the link if you want to try them -

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=379898

Note-
This is the Win 8.1 Preview driver now modified to work with Windows 7 and 8.If you are using Win 8.1 get the driver from HERE.Do not install any CAP with this, the one included is newer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom