• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE AMD DRIVERS THREAD**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Catalyst 13.10 beta ULPS Disabled
2x7950, 1@810core1250mem,2@925core1250mem
[email protected], Beast 16gigs@1866mhz 9cl
ibi3c0.png

Soldato
Stick them both at 1GHz for now (all 7950s can do that) and watch the FPS shoot up.

They can both do 1100 on an open bench but the boost card is of horrible asic quality so the volt it needs is immense and therefor the heat is to much for my carbide air case to handle spite 3 140mm fan outtakes and my h100i as intake

Soldato
They can both do 1100 on an open bench but the boost card is of horrible asic quality so the volt it needs is immense and therefor the heat is to much for my carbide air case to handle spite 3 140mm fan outtakes and my h100i as intake

I'd DSR that card if you still can. The 7950 should manage 1100MHz fairly easily without a massive voltage.

Soldato
Installed 13.10 and, after a very brief play, this one looks like a keeper!

- Bug in 13.8 Beta 1 where having a game on 3 and stats on the other monitor gave me a jerky 30FPS max unless ULPS is disabled - GONE

- Bug in 13.8 Beta 2 where ULPS required disabling to give any kind of decent performance - GONE

I've just played Just Cause 2 at 5760x1080 with my other screen showing stats, temperatures, etc and it worked straight out of the box with performance exactly as good as 13.6. And, when back at desktop, Zerocore kicked in nicely and my second card shut down as it should. So far, exactly what I'm after - good performance in game and an almost silent PC on desktop.

I'm a happy bunny with 13.10 so far - but will need to play a few more games before deleting my cached 13.6 installer. :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
Installed 12.10 and, after a very brief play, this one looks like a keeper!

- Bug in 12.8 Beta 1 where having a game on 3 and stats on the other monitor gave me a jerky 30FPS max unless ULPS is disabled - GONE

- Bug in 12.8 Beta 2 where ULPS required disabling to give any kind of decent performance - GONE

I've just played Just Cause 2 at 5760x1080 with my other screen showing stats, temperatures, etc and it worked straight out of the box with performance exactly as good as 12.6. And, when back at desktop, Zerocore kicked in nicely and my second card shut down as it should. So far, exactly what I'm after - good performance in game and an almost silent PC on desktop.

I'm a happy bunny with 12.10 so far - but will need to play a few more games before deleting my caches 12.6 installer. :D

12.10 is a really old driver Stu. Infact its before the infamous never settle 12.11 drivers. I'm going to assume, scratch that, hope you mean 13.10. :D

Caporegime
That's my problem Matt - always living in the past! :D

You're right, they should all be 13's, I'll edit my post so it actually makes sense, cheers.

Stop being picky and get on with those benchmarks :p

I had serious reservations that Stu was on 12.10! :p

Benchmarks are almost done. Just waiting on my copy of Metro LN to arrive then i can publish.

Caporegime
You'll be getting some bottlenecking in hitman i reckon shanks. I see it at 1440p ultra with any lower than x4 AA. I struggle to get 99% usage from both gpu's in the benchmark unless i have x8 AA. x4AA and its 90-99%.

EDIT

Running the cards at stock helps removing the bottleneck a fair bit i find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom