• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE AMD DRIVERS THREAD**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
You'll be getting some bottlenecking in hitman i reckon shanks. I see it at 1440p ultra with any lower than x4 AA. I struggle to get 99% usage from both gpu's in the benchmark unless i have x8 AA. x4AA and its 90-99%.

EDIT

Running the cards at stock helps removing the bottleneck a fair bit i find.

Yer Hitman is a strange one I find, I mean for the performance hit I dont think it looks all that good. lol
They is a couple settings in there, that just kill the frame rate and make no real change to the IQ

Don
I tried Crysis in eyeinfinity last night and achieved 0FPS....it was an absolute lag fest. Switched back to one screen and I was hitting 40/50fps on the best settings, the last time I played the game I was getting over 100fps before the new drivers :(

I am on 13.2 so am trying ther latest beta in hope that it rectifies these issues.

Crossfire 7970's and 4770k

Caporegime
I tried Crysis in eyeinfinity last night and achieved 0FPS....it was an absolute lag fest. Switched back to one screen and I was hitting 40/50fps on the best settings, the last time I played the game I was getting over 100fps before the new drivers :(

I am on 13.2 so am trying ther latest beta in hope that it rectifies these issues.

Don't forget to disable ULPS after you install 13.10.

Soldato

Just fired up Crysis from Steam (haven't played it in a while and seem to have lost all my save games - huh) and tested at 5760x1080 8xAA with everything on "Very High". Was running about 50FPS while walking across the beach at the very start to the first 3 Koreans. Ran the GPU bench in the Bin32 folder and that reported averages of 40FPS.

This is on crossfired 7970's and a 2600k with the new 13.10 drivers (with ULPS still enabled as I like Zerocore) and Windows 7.

Odd why there's such a difference with the same GPUs and comparable CPUs. :confused:

Soldato
Im having an issue with my second gpu not being throttled when idle but instead running at full speed on both core and mem. If i disable crossfire it goes away and returns to normal.

Happens with ULPS on and off using catalyst 13.10 beta. again so freaking close to a perfect driver.

EDIT: Apparently ULPS wasnt off when i thought it was and now that it is the problem has gone away. Seems that ULPS is still bugged.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom