• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD R9 290 (non x) Thread

Nice boost from stock. :D

6362.jpg

cpbf.jpg

this is what i got
r9 290 sapphire crossfire

Compatible adapters detected: 2
Reading info from primary adapter:
PCI ID: 1002:67B1 - 1002:0B00
Memory config: 0x500036A9 Hynix
Init: 00000000
RA1: F8010005 RA2: 00000000
RB1: F9000005 RB2: 00000000
RC1: F8010005 RC2: 00000000
RD1: F8010005 RD2: 00000000

will this unlock?

That reads to me like one card will unlock, and the other will not.

Mine didn't according to the readout, and I tried it and they didn't either. Meh, performance is still storming so I don't mind.

None of my three xfx cards unlock :( Not that I need the small bump in performance but would have been nice :p

To compound this two of mine have quite bad coil whine :mad:. Returning all of them and have taken a gamble on 3 Powercolor 290's which again knowing my luck won't unlock :p

To compound this two of mine have quite bad coil whine :mad:. Returning all of them and have taken a gamble on 3 Powercolor 290's which again knowing my luck won't unlock :p

dude that's a shame i hope they all unlock for you and don't have coil whine, as you was runing 3 cards how did crossfire work for you i posted a video of runing 2 cards could you please give it a peek just to see if it look about right, vsync in bf4 is horrendous for me, so at the moment vsync off,

dude that's a shame i hope they all unlock for you and don't have coil whine, as you was runing 3 cards how did crossfire work for you i posted a video of runing 2 cards could you please give it a peek just to see if it look about right, vsync in bf4 is horrendous for me, so at the moment vsync off,

Like I said I rarely have the luck when it comes to these things! I usually get rubbish clockers :p (though my old 780, 7990 and current 4770 were recent exceptions)

Is that on beta 9.2/9.4. I heard that there was an issue with vsync on that set, unfortunately I didn't get a chance to play around with BF4 so I'm not sure of what performance is representative.

I never benched any of the games I briefly had a go on, only benched Valley (which doesn't seem to scale past two cards) and Heaven which did scale for three cards.

Just thought I'd post to say I installed an EK waterblock over the weekend onto my R9 290 (not unlockable unfortunately) and I'm extremely happy with the results!

Previously I was loading at 91c with fan set manually at 55%.

Now under water when playing Skyrim, Warframe or Chivalry the card loads at 49c and idles at 28c this is housed in a Corsair 350D with 2x XSPC EX240 radiators along side some Scythe GT 1850RPM fans...

I'll post some photos later tonight for y'all!

Sorry to be a little lazy, but I have read so many articles on the 290 over the last couple of days I really don't want to dig around much more. Am I right in saying that if I buy and fit an after market cooler to a 290 card, it will take up way more width waiting for the partner boards? Making it difficult to crossfire?

SAPPHIRE releases Performance Boost for R9 290

SAPPHIRE Technology has just announced that it is releasing a performance enhancing BIOS for the recently introduced SAPPHIRE R9 290 graphics card.

After internal testing under various operating conditions, SAPPHIRE is now releasing a BIOS specifically for the currently available R9 290 which operates with a different fan profile, and a maximum fan speed of 47%. The company believes this offers the user the best compromise for enhanced performance, noise and reliability. The new BIOS and Flash tool are available free to download from the company?s website.

Always looking to provide the user with the best solutions, SAPPHIRE will be introducing new models in the R9 290 family over the coming weeks based on the company?s own designs and with innovative and enhanced cooling solutions.

http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/media/media_index.aspx?psn=0004&articleID=5453&lid=1

As someone mentioned in the other topic.. I think it was Gibbo? there's 5 weeks left in 2013, so that could mean anything between next week until CES or even later.

Back
Top Bottom