• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: ** The AMD VEGA Thread **

On or off the hype train?

• (off) Train has derailed

Votes: 207 39.2%
  • (on) Overcrowding, standing room only

Votes: 100 18.9%
  • (never ever got on) Chinese escalator

Votes: 221 41.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I used to admire Alienware until you see the insides that looks so generic. :/

They are not designed to be seen inside. That's why they have no window.. What kills it the most is the stock PSU. The wiring looks awful.

Cooling is exceptional, though, as is access to the back to plug things in etc.

Caporegime
Wow that one actually looks worse than mine when I got it ! looks like it has been thrown together. Cooler is different too, looks about twice as thick.

Would need to be to keep a thread ripper cpu cool, that seems to be areal limitation of that case, 120-140mm rads seems to be all it can take so they have to make the rad chunkier to be able to accommodate other cpu's

Soldato
A PSU rating covers what it can supply or output, not what it will draw. So your PSU supplying 650 will be drawing more than 650 from the socket.

The actual figure depends on your PSU's efficiency rating.
and with a PSU being most efficient at around 50% load it seems fair if your system pulls on average 400-500watts then getting a big PSU like a 850 - 1000watt PSU makes sense now :D

Soldato
This is turning into the weirdest launch ever. I'm kind of hoping that AMD pulls some bonkers things out of their hats and makes it weirder.
The only way for this to be a great launch now would be for it to be on par with a 1080ti for under £500, with Volta so close that is the real target now.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Not surprised about there being no live stream as there have been no details about it. Crazy though. Really hope they do not mess this launch up, which is looking more likely by the minute :(

Soldato
The only way for this to be a great launch now would be for it to be on par with a 1080ti for under £500, with Volta so close that is the real target now.
So close? First Volta won't hit until Q1 earliest. Still over half a year away. Another GPU launch is always around the corner. To me close is when they have been actually announced and you only have to wait 2-3 months.

Soldato
So close? First Volta won't hit until Q1 earliest. Still over half a year away. Another GPU launch is always around the corner. To me close is when they have been actually announced and you only have to wait 2-3 months.

When Vega was about half a year off people were complaining it's taking too long, when Volta is half a year off or so, it's really close! :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom