• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: ** The AMD VEGA Thread **

On or off the hype train?

• (off) Train has derailed

Votes: 207 39.2%
  • (on) Overcrowding, standing room only

Votes: 100 18.9%
  • (never ever got on) Chinese escalator

Votes: 221 41.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Nar they used to be raptr but amd removed its partnership with it.

Are game settings not best done yourself though?

Usually I agree. But when your card gets old it's not that easy to find what the best settings are. For example I tweaked my settings for my 970 whilst playing WatchDogs 2 and was happily gaming but very rarely would get some lag. so I thought I'll check out the recommended settings the GFE offers me and was surprised it turned some things on like Bloom and AA and other things off. I wouldn't have been able to know those where the settings I should use.

So in general it can be useful.

Soldato
Usually I agree. But when your card gets old it's not that easy to find what the best settings are. For example I tweaked my settings for my 970 whilst playing WatchDogs 2 and was happily gaming but very rarely would get some lag. so I thought I'll check out the recommended settings the GFE offers me and was surprised it turned some things on like Bloom and AA and other things off. I wouldn't have been able to know those where the settings I should use.

What I do in that situation is put graphics settings on medium and put up the settings one at a time. Most settings I know the effect of them so I can pritty much guess correctly all the time.
Auto is useful though if you just cba with that type of stuff.

Associate
Yeah auto settings are useful on games that require you to restart every time you change something, can't stand those games, ****** me off before I even start playing.

Soldato

Low FPS isn't lag.

Associate
It's the Vega Holo cube, it gives the RX Vega a boost that puts it 50% in front of a Titan Xp and also gives you Holo lense technology as well as VR at 144Hz @ 4K (per eye, of course). It's obviously at the heart of all the special features that Raja was being so secret about. I believe it was being worked on at Area 51 with Raja, Stephen Hawkin and our very own Flopper.

Now we know why Flopper has been so quiet lately. ;)

:p

Soldato
So close? First Volta won't hit until Q1 earliest. Still over half a year away. Another GPU launch is always around the corner. To me close is when they have been actually announced and you only have to wait 2-3 months.
Yeah so close, if Vega is only as good as a 1080 then it'll be beaten already by Pascal and even moreso by Volta, I was waiting for Vega when my 290 died back last year so I upgraded to a 1070, glad I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom