• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: ** The AMD VEGA Thread **

On or off the hype train?

• (off) Train has derailed

Votes: 207 39.2%
  • (on) Overcrowding, standing room only

Votes: 100 18.9%
  • (never ever got on) Chinese escalator

Votes: 221 41.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But it achieved the same 1600MHz stable being undervolted and +50% power target added. It did this with less than around 280-290W which is a massive difference.

For power yes, but the average consumer doesn't overclock, or mess with voltage and power. We need launch day performance out of the box.

Even at 1600mhz after fiddling for hours, they barely managed 1080 performance.

If AMD overvolts the hell out of RX Vega it'll flop given the performance we know of so far.

If the water cooled one ends up requiring lube, at $399 I might be interested in a Vega 56, if it can be between 1070 and 1080 performance. It will give me a new toy to play with until Navi and I can make use of my Freesync monitor.

$399 means it should be around £375 as the pound is getting stronger against the dollar now :)

For power yes, but the average consumer doesn't overclock, or mess with voltage and power. We need launch day performance out of the box.

Even at 1600mhz after fiddling for hours, they barely managed 1080 performance.

If AMD overvolts the hell out of RX Vega it'll flop given the performance we know of so far.

That's why we have the hybrid edition with a boost clock of 1677Mhz; should easily outperform the GTX 1080 AIB cards (without OC that is), while consuming less power(and we know from testing that the hybrid-cooled version consumes less power due to lower leakage).

That's why we have the hybrid edition with a boost clock of 1677Mhz; should easily outperform the GTX 1080 AIB cards (without OC that is), while consuming less power(and we know from testing that the hybrid-cooled version consumes less power due to lower leakage).

We don't know that at all really. Do you honestly think and extra 77Mhz is going to push it that far?

No one knows until 3rd party reviews are out to test it all.

Looking at performance to clocks based on the FE, these don't look that promising.

It sounds like AMD are keeping a tight grip over who can review it presumably to ensure favourable press, they did that with Fury X not a good sign.

You just know that "limited edition" aio card is gonna be at least a grand. Wouldn't at all surprise me if its nothing more than a aio FE card with a different shroud and ram disabled.

Was all excited when Linus said they were going to show it running DOOM, then the clip ended.
Damn it Linus, why do that to us!?:rolleyes:
Also shocked he didn't drop anything :D

The comments section holds a lot of relevant information that the article seemingly excluded for a particular narrative. You know it's a **** article when the comments have more information than the article.

LOL!

"A private event my ass. Its public, its on youtube, its paid for by companies. God you are such a Linus groupie."

You just know that "limited edition" aio card is gonna be at least a grand.
I think what nV proved with the 10xx series cards is that people are prepared to pay more these days, across the whole spectrum. You have mid-range card buyers who have been forced up from £150 to £250. They are paying up.

You have upper-mid range buyers who have been forced up from £250 to £400. They are paying up.

And you have top-end buyers who have been forced up from £400-500 to £700 all the way to £1000. They are paying up.

We all moan (or most of us), but then we all buy (or most of us). So we only have ourselves to blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom