• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: ** The AMD VEGA Thread **

On or off the hype train?

• (off) Train has derailed

Votes: 207 39.2%
  • (on) Overcrowding, standing room only

Votes: 100 18.9%
  • (never ever got on) Chinese escalator

Votes: 221 41.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, it maintains a solid 1600mhz if you simply undervolt it. It seems AMD were totally **** when it came to setting the vega up...

More power and heat, I saw the tests from Gamers Nexus. the card drew 400W from the PCIe lanes when overclocked and volted.

Damn it, why did they bother with that bloody Frontier Edition. Just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It would have been completely fine if they Never once mentioned gaming, gaming modes, or drivers for it.

[UPDATED – 7:36 AM ET 30/7/2017] We just got word that RX Vega 56 will cost $399 and the Limited Edition liquid cooled RX Vega 64 will retail for $699 and be part of a “special bundle”. We don’t know yet what this bundle will look like.

399 aint bad at all, let's hope it nails the 1070.

1677 boost for a non-aib card at stock is good news. 1800 mhz should be good for a mild overclock under water.

You're dreaming. We already know how they overclock from the Frontier Edition.

https://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graph...-16GB-Liquid-Cooled-Review/Overclocking-and-C

Will see how the UK gouge price go's ...Power consumption is what i have my eye on ...

If you want to buy this, then you need to ignore power consumption. Literally don't make yourself aware of it. To get a more sustainable boost clock, you will likely have to increase the power limit +20%.

More power and heat, I saw the tests from Gamers Nexus. the card drew 400W from the PCIe lanes when overclocked and volted.

Damn it, why did they bother with that bloody Frontier Edition. Just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It would have been completely fine if they Never once mentioned gaming, gaming modes, or drivers for it.

But it achieved the same 1600MHz stable being undervolted and +50% power target added. It did this with less than around 280-290W which is a massive difference.

1070 rrp is $379 so its actually more. We will have to see if the cut down version can beat a 1070 though.

1070 is 75% of the cores in the 1080.
Vega 56 would be 87.5% of the cores in Vega 64.

So might beat it if Vega 64 (Air) is genuinely matching the 1080 (I don't think the air version will).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom