• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: ** The AMD VEGA Thread **

On or off the hype train?

• (off) Train has derailed

Votes: 207 39.2%
  • (on) Overcrowding, standing room only

Votes: 100 18.9%
  • (never ever got on) Chinese escalator

Votes: 221 41.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
We have already got a thread for all the mud slinging, that would be this thread !!!!

True, I think you should do one owners thread, As we saw with the Fury X, Fury Pro and Nano owner threads they're not likely to get that many names, At least not more than one thread can handle and it'll look better than three half empty threads. Three threads is also a waste of your time.

Soldato
when did we ever trust slides coming from either AMD or NVidia? :)
Well I'd take their performance quoted with a best case/ pinch of salt but given the performance quoted was hardly spectacular I'm happy to 'give them' that even though I know in reality it will struggle in DX11.

Soldato
I've been wondering why amd have asked reviewers to prioritize the 56, my gut feeling is the 64 will be slightly faster than a 1080 and priced to close to the ti which is hardly a compelling purchase but the 56 will beat the 1070 and with custom cooling and a bit of overclocking could be chasing the 1080.
So hopefully 1080 performance for 1070 money will do me.
Anyways not long now and all will be clear

Associate
I've been wondering why amd have asked reviewers to prioritize the 56, my gut feeling is the 64 will be slightly faster than a 1080 and priced to close to the ti which is hardly a compelling purchase but the 56 will beat the 1070 and with custom cooling and a bit of overclocking could be chasing the 1080.
So hopefully 1080 performance for 1070 money will do me.
Anyways not long now and all will be clear
But the 56 is not going to be available for purchase tomorrow (maybe pre-order?) so I'm struggling to see the point of prioritising it.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I think the 56 ideally I'd want a 300 pound price, that's the only thing that'd be disruptive to the market if it can perform 1080 level when overclocked.

But since its $399 that isnt going to happen for 6-12 months probably - and as brexit continues to lower the exchange rate to below $1/£1 it probably never will until there is a fire-sale at EOL.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Those percentages at the top of the

But since its $399 that isnt going to happen for 6-12 months probably - and as brexit continues to lower the exchange rate to below $1/£1 it probably never will until there is a fire-sale at EOL.

399 dollars will end up at 400 pound. If it's in between the 1070 and 1080 then it's still a meh, as it's in between them price wise too.

Soldato
So what did you find out? Lol

It does seem sad they would show off the nice holocube, then later send out the cheap underwhelming one. Worse part, if I purchased an overpriced liquid edition. I bet I would get no cube. AMD marketing right there...

Sometimes I feel if AMD had no marketing department, they would be better off :p

Apparantly they never said that the card would come with one, it was meerly a "stage aid" for want of a better phrase.

Permabanned
By the time you've bought the card and a new psu surely you could have just bought a 1080 Ti which is a much better card?

Whatever I do it will depend on price but I also have a Freesync monitor so that'll influence it as well.

If the water cooled version costs more than a 1080ti I probably won't buy it and I'm not interested in a blower card, If I don't go with a Vega I'm not sure if buying either a 1080 or 1080ti would be a smart move at the moment either so I may wait watch how it affects pricing and listen out for Volta news.

Soldato
I need a new card to replace my 280x and want decent upgrade for around £300 not bothered if it's vega 56 or 1070.

If I get the vega I will probably grab that new samsung 32" fastsync monitor that's coming out at some point and If I get the 1070 I will probably just stick to my tv and use fastsync.

Hopefully prices will come down a bit for me with this release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom