The American Police

Soldato
The logical thing to do was to run up to the perp and shoot him point blank to avoid hitting the hostage. But most American cops are trained to protect themselves above the public, so that thought wouldn't enter their head.

Just yesterday a home-owner, a grand-dad, was shot dead by cops responding to an intrusion call. The home-owner had already downed the intruder when the cops arrived. Cops shot him through a window without attempting to establish who he was. Happens all the time and don't get me started on the puppy killing. More and more law-abiding people over there are literally avoiding calling the police no matter what, because of the regularity of them ******* up when they arrive.

Associate
I have already notified my employer that I am categorically refusing to travel the active war zones like the USA, just in case they ask.

Soldato
Shirley in this Dave and age they can find a decapacitating alternative to a bullet.
What about a web like spiderman or a tranquilizer or gas or flash of light, noise, electromagnetism, hypnosis...

Caporegime
Basically while they have a gun culture there's really no choice. Imagine the cops started getting shot all over the place because they took their time in a situation, eventually things could get very messy, a complete breakdown, anarchy.

The only people with guns in this incident were the cops. So that argument holds no water here.

Soldato
Many US police officers receive zero firearms and tactics training after graduation from the police academy.

Unlike with British AFOs, regular re-qualifiction shoots are not required for the majority of US LEOs outside of SWAT teams.

Soldato
The only people with guns in this incident were the cops. So that argument holds no water here.

The principle is the same that the cops are trained and training kicks in. The guy could have pulled a gun and I think someone said it's takes a fraction of a second to reach for aim and pull the trigger.

Caporegime
That's the opposite of what I'm used to seeing from American cop/video footage.

I tried to count the number of times the suspect was told to put down the knife (something like 20+).

Poor woman.

Soldato
I think it was fair play.

Imagine an American came over here and went to a derby football game with all the fighting, shouting and hating. Would they get it?

Probably be amazed at all the hatred, think it was some kind of third world tribal ceremony. Well we struggle to understand their culture and ways also as we weren't brought up in it.

Soldato
I think it was fair play.

Imagine an American came over here and went to a derby football game with all the fighting, shouting and hating. Would they get it?

Probably be amazed at all the hatred, think it was some kind of third world tribal ceremony. Well we struggle to understand their culture and ways also as we weren't brought up in it.

What does football hooligans fighting have to do with the use of lethal force by police? :confused:

Soldato
I read somewhere, I think it might have been after Trumps call to arm the teachers following yet another school mass shooting, that once police have left training their accuracy drops from 80% to something around 12% which I feel sure why so many rounds are fired in situations and why innocent people get caught up in the crossfire.

Soldato
What does football hooligans fighting have to do with the use of lethal force by police? :confused:

Just reminding people that this is a different country.

Yes they are given the title of 'leader of the free world' and people like to sit and judge so much of what happens there. But it's their country, their laws, their way of doing things so who are we to judge?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

After the 7th request to drop the knife, they had grounds to shoot him (with beanbags or taser) imo.

Their decision to wait for a further 2 minutes whilst he pottered around contemplating his actions, is what led to their downfall.

Using live ammo in that scenario was ridiculous.

Caporegime
Those cops were on point. They didn't instantly shoot, they bagged first, the only failure I see is their weapon handling (or lack thereof).

Poor woman, hopefully wherever she is now she can move freely.

Back
Top Bottom