1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Werewolf, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Kyo

Mobster

This is pretty good and on Netflicks

Blame 00 Movie

2. krooton

Capodecina

Booked tickets for Napping Princess/Ancien and the Magic Tablet for the 16th :D

3. JunglistE

Wise Guy

I know it's not the anime but is anyone reading Attack on Titan? volume 22 turned up yesterday and I've only read the first few pages but it's getting crazy!

4. krooton

Capodecina

Finished Attack on Titan Season 2 and the first season of Seven Deadly Sins.

Saga of Tanya the Evil next :D

5. Werewolf

Commissario

I've not really had much time for anime (or films in general recently), but have been watching Attack on titan S1 again in preparation for season 2.

One a completely different note, Rightstuf are running a kickstarter for an english dub of Aria* The Animation as part of a blu-ray release.

*The anime with all the A names set in Aquan,

6. datalol-jack

Soldato

For whatever reason, I stumbled upon this while searching for The Tatami Galaxy. Shall investigate!

7. Werewolf

Commissario

I had another look earlier and unfortunately whilst they'll ship it anywhere the set will be region A only:(

8. memyselfandi

Sgarrista

I'm backing it anyway ... I can play most Region A disks but even if it won't for some reason then it's still something I would like to own.

Not had much time to watch much of anything recently due to work but did watch Kimi no na wa (on the Japanese BD release) the other night.

9. chris4652009

Wise Guy

Happened to notice AKIRA on tv over the weekend, not watched that since the early 90s!!!!

Rekindled my interest in Anime/Manga, anyone know a good place to watch these films online please?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017 at 12:34 PM
  10. ANDARIAL

Mobster

Re the Undine saga
    Not sure if I am in favour or not about the Dub,will the series Translate well I wonder?

11. Evangelion

Capodecina

Watched King of Thorn the other night.

This robust and ambitious contribution to the popular and well established 'post apocalyptic/humanity-wiped-out-by-weird-virus/scientists-*******-about-with-stuff-that-ought-not-to-be-******-about-with/fantasy/it-was-all-a-dream/scifi' genre will appeal to... somebody, I guess?

The movie felt like an entire manga crammed into two hours, so I was not at all surprised to learn that this was actually the case. Some good ideas, but the whole thing was too cramped and oversimplified.

It was all a dream!

:eek: :confused:

12. memyselfandi

Sgarrista

Still has the Japanese audio and subtitles and in BD quality ... the dub can be ignored if its bad ... :)

13. ANDARIAL

Mobster

Will it be an upscale though?
    Will probably pick it up if it does get produced but I already have the dvd`s so if no picture quality improvement I may not :)

14. aoaaron

Gangster

Gintama is the best anime.

Looking to pick up a new show, any suggestions?

15. Werewolf

Commissario

That's my thought as well :)

I suspect part of the reason they've gone kickstarter and dub instead of just putting it out on Blu-ray is that it does potentially increase the number of viewers a lot by having a dub (it also potentially means they may be able to sublicence it out to the UK/Aus* or offer the dub to the UK/Aus if say Manga or Madman were interested in the series**), and putting it on kickstarter reduces the risk to them for what is a bit of a niche series.

To be honest I'd trust TRSI/Nozomi to do the dub right for it more than most other companies, as they're not churning them out and tend to take a lot more care in their releases than many of the other companies.
    Until the pound and the vat free level dropped I was importing pretty much any new Nozomi release because even if it was a series I hadn't heard of before, or hadn't given a thought to they always seemed to be good choices.

*Depending on their licence.

**Given we got Clannad over here I'm no longer ruling anything like Aria out.

16. IronWarrior

Mobster

Iit be dubbed by some vallery girls from california that are like 16 years old who will sound annoying as hell man and like omg really bad, like Cristina Vee. :(

That said! Since A RIA is my all favourite anime of all time, anything new for it is good in my books. I just stick with the glorious Japanese audio. :p

Seems they going to reach their goal, they so close now and they still have 27 days to go.

I would love to help fund more OVA's for the series or even start a fund to help a new series.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017 at 3:27 PM
  17. Werewolf

Commissario

I think they've said if they succeed with this one it potentially opens the way for the others, but if it fails they might struggle to get the Japanese companies to approve trying the same route with later series.

18. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

It's arrived!!!!

Limited edition Amazon Exclusive Your Name 4k Bluray with a framed print. And I say framed loosely since I can't hang it, it's more like a folder.

[​IMG]

19. ANDARIAL

Mobster

A*** has reached its KickStarter goal,even reached an `extra` goal for 5.1 too now
    What is the dub like on Your Name?

20. Werewolf

Commissario

I spotted alltheanime.com have the blu-ray set for Nadesico up for pre-order for £35, I've already got the R4, TRSI SE and ADV UK DVD's but I'll confess to being tempted by the blu-ray set.

I''d love to get Aria on BD, but I made the decision when I started collecting blu-rays that I was only going to buy ones that would play on an unmodified UK player.