The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Commissario
OP
Good luck, that's not too expensive a punt for BDs, and quite a long amount of running time! Hopefully its not all awful!
That was my thinking, I don't tend to buy too many of MVM's BD's as they rarely drop in price (I've got a few I've kept an eye on), so if only one of them is something I like I'll probably come out even :)
It probably helps that when it comes to anime I'll give virtually anything a go.

i forgot to say they're also doing a DVD version with the same titles for £25.

[edit]
I've spent a few minutes going through their catalogue and at a guess it'll be five titles from this selection (I'm going by it being a 12 classification at most as that's what they've listed, and no repeats from earlier offers)
Ignore the Blu-ray notes, I was cut and pasting and it said both BD and DVD sets would contain the same titles just different format

Ambition of Oda Nobuna Collection (12) Blu-Ray
Bodacious Space Pirates Complete Collection (PG) Blu-Ray
Campione! Complete Collection (12) Blu-Ray
Devil Survivor 2: The Animation Complete Collection (12) Blu-Ray
Familiar of Zero Season 1 Complete Collection (12) Blu-Ray
FLCL Collection (12) Blu-Ray
Girls Beyond the Wasteland Collection (12) Blu-Ray
Hidamari Sketch Season 1 Collection (12) Blu-Ray
Kabukimonogatari (12) Blu-Ray
Kamisama Kiss Season 2 Collection (12) Blu-Ray
Kill Me Baby Collection (12) Blu-Ray
Love Live! School Idol Project Season 1 Collection - Collector's Edition (PG) Blu-Ray
Love Live! School Idol Project Season 2 Collection - Collector's Edition (U) Blu-Ray
Love, Election and Chocolate Collection (12) Blu-Ray
Maid Sama Collection (12) Blu-Ray UNLIKELY
Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun Collection (12) Blu-Ray
Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun Collector's Edition Combi Collection
Nyan Koi! Collection (12) Blu-Ray
Patlabor Mobile Police OVA Series 1 Collection (PG) Blu-Ray
RE-KAN! Complete Collection (12) Blu-Ray
Toradora! Complete Collection (12) Blu-Ray

Some I've discounted because either they are part sets or too new.
Accel World Part 1 (12) Blu-Ray
Log Horizon Season 1 Part 1
Log Horizon Season 1 Part 2
Log Horizon Season 2 Part 1
Log Horizon Season 2 Part 2
Norn9 Collection (12) Blu-Ray
Nurse Witch Komugi R Collection
Owarimonogatari Part 1 (12) Blu-Ray
Owarimonogatari Part 2 (12) Blu-Ray

Last edited:
Soldato
I kind of doubt that it would be Familiar of Zero or Log Horizon as both have been on offer on other days of this Christmas sale.

I've taken a punt on it, spent way to much on anime this month over all (including their Girls und Panzer offer yesterday)

Commissario
OP
Aye I forgot to say that was the other reason I discounted them:)

Looking at the list of possibles (or at least what I think are possibles), I've only got about 3 of them on BD, and most of them not at all :)

I would have got the Girls und panzer offer yesterday but I've already got everything bar one of the OVA's already (I only got the film the other week).

Soldato
I do find them to be a bit flakey on their order confirmation emails at times, looking through I have orders which show on their system on the website and I have Paypal receipts for but am lacking in any confirmation email ... I was muttering to myself this morning about not getting to around to buying the Familiar of Zero bundle (as I have season 1 on DVD but none of the rest) ... and then it turned up at lunch time so I must have ordered it (along with the Amagami SS bundle as well ... I've bought way to much anime this month))

Commissario
OP
Aye their order confirmation emails are frequently flakey in my experience, fortunately for my order tracking I tend to note down anything I've ordered in an excel spreadsheet (title, store, price, date ordered, date shipped, date received). Mind you I started doing that because my memory is really bad at times and I have made expensive mistakes.

[edit at 17:31]
Just received shipping confirmation of my ATA mystery box :)
Which is slightly odd as that was ordered after a couple of my other items:)

Last edited:
Soldato
Same here ... but I had emails for the other two orders to indicate that they are likely to be delayed.

edit: I used to use spreadsheets and things for keeping track but now I use labels in GMail as well as having the multi-inbox and more colourful stars enabled which allows me to add additional layers of complexity (my Jpop orders are colour coded by group as well as labelled by status so I can work out whats where at a glance). E.g. my shopping/shipped label currently has 18 shipment confirmed emails across 5 Jpop groups as well as anime.

edit2: My Day #9 order has shipped as well

Last edited:
Ok guys its been years since i was into anime or Manga as it was known back in'th day lad :D So i used to love the likes of Tank Police, Project-Ako, Doomed Megalopolis and Ultimate Teacher, Fist of the North Star etc. I kind of go for that quirky sense of humor ala Ultimate Teacher so what do you guys recommend i start with?

Caporegime
Ok guys its been years since i was into anime or Manga as it was known back in'th day lad :D So i used to love the likes of Tank Police, Project-Ako, Doomed Megalopolis and Ultimate Teacher, Fist of the North Star etc. I kind of go for that quirky sense of humor ala Ultimate Teacher so what do you guys recommend i start with?

One Punch Man !!!

Soldato

Ah, all of these are my favourites, it what started me into (Manga) or Anime as what they call it today too.

What to recommend? Oh god so many! I can recommend Hellsing and Hellsing Ultimate, few more I could recommend is Blood+ Elfen Lied, Claymore and Berserk (and the new Berserk series). Princess Principal is pretty good.

Guess we can't leave out the Fate/Stay Night/Zero series.

Made in Abyss is really good, nice visuals. Freezing and it's second series Freezing Vibration are nice as well. Blue Gender is pretty old school stuff.

There is also Mirai Nikki which starts a little slow but soon speeds up into the story. Gunslinger Girl is a classic that everyone should watch.

Shinsekai Yori is really good, that will screw with your mind, but it starts a little slow to allow the plot to build up.

Aldnoah.Zero is good! Mech warfare with a good sound track.

Sidonia no Kishi is really good, it's CGI stuff, one of my favourites.

The Break Blade OVA series is worth watching! Mech warfare between different countries.

Do you mind old stuff?

Seikai no Monshou is an space series with it's own custom language, it goes on for 3 series depicting space warfare between two human super powers, it's realistic in a way.

That leads on too Heroic Age, an other 26 episode series that is about space warfare between different "tribes" with the humans on the losing end with huge fleet battles, very easy to watch episodes after episodes with this one.

Kuromukuro is a new series with mechs, it's good.

Hai to Gensou no Grimgar is an realistic Sword Art Online anime with stunning visuals that will tug your heart a few times, if you watch this, give it time!

For anything else, I would recommend you looking at MyAnimeList and typing in the names of what you already watched and click the "Recommended" tab, should give you a good list of stuff.

Last edited:
One Punch Man !!!

I see this mentioned a lot so i think i'll dive in!

Ah, all of these are my favourites, it what started me into (Manga) or Anime as what they call it today too.

What to recommend? Oh god so many! I can recommend Hellsing and Hellsing Ultimate, few more I could recommend is Blood+ Elfen Lied, Claymore and Berserk (and the new Berserk series). Princess Principal is pretty good.

Guess we can't leave out the Fate/Stay Night/Zero series.

Made in Abyss is really good, nice visuals. Freezing and it's second series Freezing Vibration are nice as well. Blue Gender is pretty old school stuff.

There is also Mirai Nikki which starts a little slow but soon speeds up into the story. Gunslinger Girl is a classic that everyone should watch.

Shinsekai Yori is really good, that will screw with your mind, but it starts a little slow to allow the plot to build up.

Aldnoah.Zero is good! Mech warfare with a good sound track.

Sidonia no Kishi is really good, it's CGI stuff, one of my favourites.

The Break Blade OVA series is worth watching! Mech warfare between different countries.

Do you mind old stuff?

Seikai no Monshou is an space series with it's own custom language, it goes on for 3 series depicting space warfare between two human super powers, it's realistic in a way.

That leads on too Heroic Age, an other 26 episode series that is about space warfare between different "tribes" with the humans on the losing end with huge fleet battles, very easy to watch episodes after episodes with this one.

Kuromukuro is a new series with mechs, it's good.

Hai to Gensou no Grimgar is an realistic Sword Art Online anime with stunning visuals that will tug your heart a few times, if you watch this, give it time!

For anything else, I would recommend you looking at MyAnimeList and typing in the names of what you already watched and click the "Recommended" tab, should give you a good list of stuff.

No problem with old stuff mate, thanks for all the suggestions :D

Soldato
Just received shipping confirmation of my ATA mystery box :)
Which is slightly odd as that was ordered after a couple of my other items:)

Probably a lot easier to pack 100's of identical boxes and stick an address label on it. (Chances are most mystery box orders were just for the mystery box only)
The orders on some of the day offers would have multiple options requiring more time to pack and check. :)

Caporegime

Jump in at the deep end:

* Neon Genesis Evangelion
* Serial Experiments Lain
* Ergo Proxy
* Texhnolyze
* Shigurui
* Shingeki no Kyojin

Soldato
And ATA Blu-ray mystery box just arrived.

Blood Blockade Battlefront - Blu-ray Ltd Collector's Edition £48.99 - £41.24 (River price)
Eden of the East (TV Series + Movies) - Blu-ray Ltd Collector's Edition £41.99
Free! -Eternal Summer- Blu-ray Ltd Collector's Edition £44.99
Samurai Flamenco Part 1 - Blu-ray Limited Collector's Edition £34.99
Tiger & Bunny - The Beginning Collector's Edition Blu-ray/DVD £19.99
Tokyo Marble Chocolate - Blu-ray+DVD Ltd Collector's Edition £24.49
Your Lie In April - Part 1 Blu-ray Ltd Collector's Edition w/ Ltd Ed Box £41.99

So £257.42 worth (ATA retail price)

I only had Blood Blockade, so very please with this lot.

Back
Top Bottom