The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Soldato
Bit of a cheeky request, but don't suppose anyone has a Crunchroll friends/family trial or similar spare?
Would like to binge S&W when the season finishes but trying to avoid subbing for a month when I know I wont have time to make full use of it :)
Pretty sure they binned friends and family trials years ago and the only way now is a 7 day trial that you would need to cancel before it charges

Last edited:
Associate
So who is going to be pre-ordering the Macross plus collectors edition? I am very tempted, if it was DYRL or the original(Not stupid Robotech) then I would pre-order in a heartbeat.
I am still salty over the fact Tatsunoko/Studio Nue are happy to allow Harmony gold to keep the rights to the original.

Commissario
OP
So who is going to be pre-ordering the Macross plus collectors edition? I am very tempted, if it was DYRL or the original(Not stupid Robotech) then I would pre-order in a heartbeat.
I am still salty over the fact Tatsunoko/Studio Nue are happy to allow Harmony gold to keep the rights to the original.
I've just hit the pre-order.

£120 at the early bird price, £150 RRP.
With the ATA membership it knocked another £12 off it.

It's a bit expensive for an OVA and film but it's one I've wanted on Blu-ray for a long time and their UE's are usually very good (I've got most of them:eek: ).
If you wait there is a good chance that in about 3-6 months they'll announce the standard version.

Associate
I've just hit the pre-order.

£120 at the early bird price, £150 RRP.
With the ATA membership it knocked another £12 off it.

It's a bit expensive for an OVA and film but it's one I've wanted on Blu-ray for a long time and their UE's are usually very good (I've got most of them:eek: ).
If you wait there is a good chance that in about 3-6 months they'll announce the standard version.
I've asked my GF to pre-order it for me for my birthday.
If it had the soundtrack rather than the art book I would have loved it more.
There is also a chance you can get it early at London MCM comiccon in October I reckon if they are dispatching pre-orders at the end of October.

Associate
I've been meaning to buy the Macross plus soundtrack, but never got around to getting it. I do want the soundtrack for DYRL as well and the original promo poster as well.
The original is definitely up there for me as one of my all-time fav.

Commissario
OP
I'm half expecting ATA to announce they've got the rights to release at least some of the Macross music in the UK at some point, as they seem to do that on a fairly regular basis for a lot of their bigger titles.

Commissario
OP
still awaiting the new that ata will release patlabor Ova & TV on blu-ray, i know usa got tv & ova collection release a few years ago.
MVM had the rights to the OVA's at least over here and attempted a release about 5 years ago (I bought the original OVA set they did), but I don't think it did well enough for them to risk continuing.

If the rights are available I imagine ATA might be a bit more willing to take a risk, especially if the materials for the disks are already done and they could use the same masters for say a european release as well.

[edit]
The MVM release of the first OVA looks to have been nearly 11 years ago going by my purchase notes, so the cost of disc authoring and production will likely have gone down, and given the time it's possible the licence may have lapsed (and ATA seem to be on good working terms with the guy who now owns Animeigo and the guys at discotek who I think are the most likely US rights holders now as IIRC animeigo had the rights for years).

Last edited:
Associate
As long as there is english subtitles made available, i'm sure there will be another way to watch it over here if its not made available.
:p
had quick look at it amazon jp prime video page, it only list Japanese subtitles at present. I suspect that once it released on amazon prime video japan someone will fan sub it. as for UK/Europe or usa Releases, I think it will be a while until we get one.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
My little bro just got back from 2 weeks in Japan and bought me some goodies back.

DSCF4431.jpg

DSCF4432.jpg

DSCF4433.jpg

Associate
I'm very much a noob in this space. I've just finished watching Avatar with my two kids (11 & 13) I've just picked up Kaiju No8 for myelf and have started watching frieren with the kids as we love fantasy type stuff and dnd. Any key recommendations I should try out? I've got Crunchyroll for a month to try it out. I also love Sci-fi stuff too.

Soldato
I'm very much a noob in this space. I've just finished watching Avatar with my two kids (11 & 13) I've just picked up Kaiju No8 for myelf and have started watching frieren with the kids as we love fantasy type stuff and dnd. Any key recommendations I should try out? I've got Crunchyroll for a month to try it out. I also love Sci-fi stuff too.
Death Note is an amazing anime, English dub is very good.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime

Demon Slayer and Jujutsu Kaisen are the obvious choices.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato

Ok classics and some recent hits are
Hunter X Hunter
That time I reincarnated as a slime
One Punch Man
2 @LiE mentioned
Solo Leveling
Gundam Seed
Knight of Sidona
Attack on Titan

That should be a good start for you :)

Back
Top Bottom