The Apple HE store - Full prices and details in here. *prices correct as of 15/06/10*

Soldato
And the MacPro :D

Mac Pro prices are essentially the same as last time round.

As for the iMac

imache.jpg

imac27.jpg

Associate
I'm going to university in October and am interested in buying one but I can't see the prices because I'm not on a network. I don't want to call because, although it'd be okay when actually buying it, I want to browse and see the prices in my own time first. Does anyone know a proxy I could use to get in? Thanks!

Soldato
I'm going to university in October and am interested in buying one but I can't see the prices because I'm not on a network. I don't want to call because, although it'd be okay when actually buying it, I want to browse and see the prices in my own time first. Does anyone know a proxy I could use to get in? Thanks!

Nope, sorry! Only way in is through a uni connection!

Soldato
NOTE: if you are partaking in the ipod rebate deal, when sending your EAN label remember these cannot be peeled off (if you manage to, pat yourself on the back) you will likely need to cut them off cardboard and all.

would have been nice for apple to mention this.
sorry if its common knowledge but i didn't know and tore my ipod label

Last edited:
Associate
*** I've removed your post once, now I'm doing it again. Please do not post links that will allow fraudulent access to the Higher Education scheme ***

Soldato
there is an incase hardshell cover on the apple webstore i want, if i call my local store will they order it in for me so i can avoid £5 postage (when it would cost about £2 to post). they have them in my local store but not the colour i want

Soldato
A recently study at bit-tech indicates OS X works perfectly fine without TRIM.

No. It doesn't.

I've experienced a drop in write performance with my Intel G2 80Gb SSD.

Drops about 33% after just 2 months!!!

Edit: LOL That review is ****. They used apple's zero out data, which DOESN'T DO ANYTHING.

I thought this with my SSD, and zero'd out free space, what happened was performance dropped 50%!!!!

Last edited:
Soldato
Are there any student software discounts?

Not sure about apple's site, but if you look around you can get office 2008 for £30 (have to provide proof of study) and adobe offer massive discounts, again you have to provide proof of study to get a key.

Last edited:
Soldato
Are there any student software discounts?

I believe there are some pretty huge discounts on the Apple software, e.g. Logic, Final Cut, Aperture. Not sure about the third-party software, though as OzyOly said Adobe offer huge discounts on their software with proof of enrolment at uni.

Back
Top Bottom