The Apple HE store - Full prices and details in here. *prices correct as of 15/06/10*

Soldato
Seems to be sorted. Got this via email:

We have reached out to a member of our administration team and they have advised that you will in fact receive 3 full years of hardware support and 1 year phone support. The page which displays your coverage will likely display the incorrect date for a period of time before being corrected, but this will not effect your actual coverage in any way.

did your warranty get updated on the website yet?

i just called and they said it will take up to 2 months from date of delivery for the status to be updated. what are they doing that it takes two months. oh well as long as its done eventually

Associate
I believe there are some pretty huge discounts on the Apple software, e.g. Logic, Final Cut, Aperture. Not sure about the third-party software, though as OzyOly said Adobe offer huge discounts on their software with proof of enrolment at uni.

For the adobe ones does it matter on your course? I wouldn't mind buying CS5 (Or CS6?!) before I leave uni.

Naughtily I'm asking about Apple software because I have a friend who wishes to use my student discount to buy an iMac.

Associate

i just called and they said it will take up to 2 months from date of delivery for the status to be updated. what are they doing that it takes two months. oh well as long as its done eventually

No update as yet - but I've got the email as proof and names of everyone I spoke to.

Considering they make a big deal about education discounts / ipod deals etc the staff on the phone don't really have a clue about the education sales side.

Soldato
No update as yet - but I've got the email as proof and names of everyone I spoke to.

Considering they make a big deal about education discounts / ipod deals etc the staff on the phone don't really have a clue about the education sales side.

very true, the guy didnt know and went away for about 5mins to find out.

Soldato
For the adobe ones does it matter on your course? I wouldn't mind buying CS5 (Or CS6?!) before I leave uni.

Naughtily I'm asking about Apple software because I have a friend who wishes to use my student discount to buy an iMac.

Nope, as long as you're enrolled at University. You buy the student software for about £100 or something then you apply online for a code and upload evidence of enrolment. They'll email you an activation code 48h later.

Soldato

My brother bought a 15" MBP through the HE discount in May...and it took almost exactly 2 months for the warranty info to be updated...

Caporegime
If you pay the extra for Telco support it does get updated as normal (and they send you a little t&c booklet) - glad I did that for my sisters one as mine was just so much hassle

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
Thanks for the updates on the iMacs Concorde, though I'm surprised the discount isn't as good as I had expected. From a quick calculation it appears to only be about 12.5%, I got 15% when I ordered my last MBP. Is it less on the iMacs or dependant on the uni you go to or has the discount just dropped a bit since I last used it?

Soldato
Thanks for the updates on the iMacs Concorde, though I'm surprised the discount isn't as good as I had expected. From a quick calculation it appears to only be about 12.5%, I got 15% when I ordered my last MBP. Is it less on the iMacs or dependant on the uni you go to or has the discount just dropped a bit since I last used it?

Increase in VAT?

Soldato
Mac Pro pricing:

Overview:
macprooverview.jpg

4 Core:
macpro4core.jpg

8 Core:
macpro8core.jpg

12 Core:
macpro12core.jpg

Soldato
Hmm. Dunno whether go to a iMac for uni or a system from OCUK! I could do with Windows for working, and I already have a mac mini with 27' screen and a Hifi which works well enough for me.

Soldato
Any chance I could get the prices for a 15" MBP please?

Also could someone tell me about the different screens and which one is the best?

Soldato
Any chance I could get the prices for a 15" MBP please?

Also could someone tell me about the different screens and which one is the best?

I don't think the prices have changed for the Macbook Pro, so the prices in the OP should be correct.

As for the screen, there 4 options:

Standard: Glossy 1440x900
Hi-Res: Glossy 1680x1050
Anti-Glare: Matte 1680x1050

Users on here usually say if you work in photography or print design you're better off with the matte screen. Otherwise stick with the Glossy.

This is what Apple has to say about the difference:

About glossy and anti-glare
Choose the glossy wide-screen display to make your graphics, photos and videos appear with richer colours and deeper blacks - great for watching DVDs. If you prefer a display with anti-glare coating for a matte, rather than glossy viewing experience, choose the anti-glare wide-screen display.

Back
Top Bottom