• Yes

Votes: 106 12.7%
  • No

Votes: 622 74.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 106 12.7%

• Total voters
Commissario
Mine get dropped on the (yes, wireless) charger when I ablute in the morning and then again for about twenty minutes while I'm getting ready for bed. Apart from that, I'm wearing it all the time which is something I didn't think I would do.

Soldato
Mine get dropped on the (yes, wireless) charger when I ablute in the morning and then again for about twenty minutes while I'm getting ready for bed. Apart from that, I'm wearing it all the time which is something I didn't think I would do.

So How long is it on charger in morning?

Commissario
Fifteen to twenty minutes, not long. I use my old original iPad charger which is rated at 10w so I don't know if the watch charges any quicker on that than the one supplied.

Soldato
I have thought twice about posting this as I don't want just to come into a thread and be overly negative.

BUT

I still just don't get it, maybe it's a joy to use but I still can't get over the aesthetics, it really does look like a Casio I got for Xmas in 1979.

HEADRAT

Soldato
I'm interested in the watch, notifications etc without pulling out my phone would be great, as would easier access to Apple Pay, but I'm inclined to wait for the 2nd gen and hope that third party apps become more usable, from videos I've watched and reviews they seem incredibly slow to load, I've seen one video where the screen actually went into standby before the app had even loaded.

Soldato
Third party app speed ranges from slow to very slow, which is annoying but stuff like responding to notifications works brilliantly.

Although if there is a new one coming, wait for it and see what's changed/added.

Soldato
I'm using this watch a lot more than I thought I would

It was a purchase I made knowing full well it was a total waste of money, yet I'm really enjoying it. The fitness tracker is very good.

Soldato
I've been looking at the options for a good leather band for the watch and have ordered this one from a shop on Etsy, as I've decided against CeX for apple ones or the cheaper third party stuff from Amazon/elsewhere. Should be here in around one week and will certainly report back here. :D

Commissario
For £15, I'm liking the loop and delivery was much quicker than expected. The original estimate from Amazon was the 18th but it arrived today (15th).

loop_1-20160415-165703.jpg

loop_2-20160415-165813.jpg

I thought the GMYLE apple watch adapter was rubbish quality though, it didn't seem to fit very flush and with a leather strap on the watch, I felt concerned it was going to slip. Yes, I had it the right way round. It's going back.

Soldato
I'm onto my second loop now. The first one started losing quite a bit of its coating, but I think the second one will soon follow suit, although not as dramatically as the first one. If it doesn't do it, or takes an age to start falling to pieces, I wouldn't mind. Especially with them being a tenth of the price of the official one. :)

They do look good though!

Soldato
The band has arrived, with extremely fast post!

VYSHhk5.jpg.png

It feels and smells so nice and it's beautifully made. Very solid and extremely comfortable. Black links and clasp to match the black, unlike apple when they still give it a shiny silver clasp.

I ordered it from this shop, and I really can't recommend it enough.

Soldato
It is a limited edition like this one, although that is the red version which was the other option available at the time. I believe all of the white stitching version has sold out as it is no longer on their shop. They do a normal version with black stitching, although you can send them a request and they will do whatever you fancy. :)

I'm tempted to order a single tour strap from the "Basic. Pure" range they do. Really like that tan colour.

Back
Top Bottom