The Apprentice Series 7

Associate
I'm watching the American version of The Apprentice, it's so different.

It seems so much more positive than the English version. the English version focuses so much on humiliation and embarassment. Trump also seems so much more personable compared to Sugar and his standoffish/brash pesonality.

Caporegime
Are you guys referring to Apprentice USA 'Celebrity edition' that was on last night? I thought it was absolute garbage, they were all just phoning up their rich friends to come and pay $10,000 for a hotdog where's the challenge in that?

Soldato
I don't normally hang out in GD forum, but is this the norm for Tefal or is this a one-off special post? :D

Also, I had a thought about that smart alec interviewer, but I think that joke telling question was uncalled for and could really have put Helen off her stride and ruined her interview.

How I wish that Tefal was in the room when Helen was asked to entertain the interviewer with a comedy act - if anybody deserves a 15-20 minute joke, it was that interviewer.

Caporegime
I'm going to start learning it off by heart soon.

It would actually be quite funny to bring it out once in a while...

It would make an awesome best man's speech...

Best Man said:
Let me tell you a story about the groom. One day, he was out driving through the desert...

20 minutes later

Everyone in attendance said:
FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

As you run out of the door in a hail of champagne flutes.

Soldato
I'm still psyching myself up to read it. I fear only disappointment will lie at the end. It reminds me of a joke I once found online that I've never been able to find since. It's a really really long joke about this young guy is at a circus, and the clown humiliates him, so the young guy spends ages and ages trying to think of how to get back at him. The punchline in the end is really simple, but because you've invested so much in reading the joke it was really funny. Wish I could find it.

Associate
I'm still psyching myself up to read it. I fear only disappointment will lie at the end. It reminds me of a joke I once found online that I've never been able to find since. It's a really really long joke about this young guy is at a circus, and the clown humiliates him, so the young guy spends ages and ages trying to think of how to get back at him. The punchline in the end is really simple, but because you've invested so much in reading the joke it was really funny. Wish I could find it.

I think you have made the mistake of seeing how long it actually is before reading, I got about 1/3 of the way in by the time I decided to scroll down to see how long it is and after a long sigh I decided that as I had begun I should carry on. Personally I was a bit disappointed but still did smile. :)

Back
Top Bottom