The Arsenal Club Thread **No Spoilers**Updated Rules - Please read before posting**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I think Lacazette and Kolasinac are good signings. Worried about our approach against Leicester tho.

We cant defend! And I don't want the Ox to go either, but it makes me think it's to make way for Lemar.

Associate
Our problem is we can never keep the quality players together anymore, i was so excited when we signed Giroud and Podolski thinking they would team up with Rvp lovely, then he left, i dont like this ozil situation atm either, he was all set to sign then nothing

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I think Lacazette and Kolasinac are good signings. Worried about our approach against Leicester tho.

We cant defend! And I don't want the Ox to go either, but it makes me think it's to make way for Lemar.

I like them also, but they do not have the same feel of signing an Ozil, Sanchez or Cech. Not that we need that, but it is nice.

Our problem is we can never keep the quality players together anymore, i was so excited when we signed Giroud and Podolski thinking they would team up with Rvp lovely, then he left, i dont like this ozil situation atm either, he was all set to sign then nothing

Yeah, agreed.

I remember being happy when we signed Podolski. I felt he could have been used better.

They're great signings, but if that's all we get I'll be disapointed. Lemar would make me very happy.

I am hoping we do get another one or two signings and get rid of a bunch of fringe players. But not much has been happening lately it seems.

Don
Ozil and Ox will end up signing new deals imo. No side that would want either of them would pay them any more than Arsenal will and in Ox's case, he'll be more more certain to play and certainly not in his favoured position if he were to join Chelsea or Liverpool.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Ozil and Ox will end up signing new deals imo. No side that would want either of them would pay them any more than Arsenal will and in Ox's case, he'll be more more certain to play and certainly not in his favoured position if he were to join Chelsea or Liverpool.

Really, I think there would be a lot of clubs after Ozil. He is a top player and if he goes on a free then lots of clubs will be interested. He might not be truly world class but most of the time he is a fantastic player. Arsenal just aren't up to his standard and his attitude is just a reflection of the general attitude at the club.

Don
Didn't say he wasn't a very good player or that clubs wouldn't be interested in him, just that anywhere he might go he wouldn't be any more important to the team or paid any better. On a free any of the other top clubs in the PL would be interested but he's not a guaranteed started for any of them (maybe Spurs but they won't pay the wages). Barca, Real, PSG & Bayern would also take him on a free but again he wouldn't be a first 11 player for them either.

Don't really pay enough attention to Italian football these days to know who might be interested or where he'd fit in at any Serie A clubs but they won't pay the wages he's getting at Arsenal.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I would be happy if those two signed contracts and Sanchez was sold for 60m or something. Would be a good result. Ideally would want to keep him also, but just does not seem like realistic expectation.

Caporegime
Really, I think there would be a lot of clubs after Ozil. He is a top player and if he goes on a free then lots of clubs will be interested. He might not be truly world class but most of the time he is a fantastic player. Arsenal just aren't up to his standard and his attitude is just a reflection of the general attitude at the club.
lol actually his attitude has been crap from day one, lazy and always goes missing against the big teams or when it matters the most. Of course he still had those extra special moments where he can be unreal but they are very far and in between. I'm pretty sure that's why Ancelotti at Real got shot of him.
But blaming Arsenal for his frankly crappy work ethic is unfair.

I don't really care if he stays or leaves, I don't think any team will pay a lot of money for him now. If he signs great, I'm more worried about Sanchez as he shows a lot of passion when playing ie his work rate is a million times better than Ozil.

fez

fez

Caporegime
If you lose Ozil and Sanchez next summer you will be in real trouble. It would cost you well well over £100m to replace their quality in the team with any sort of proven players.

Caporegime
If you lose Ozil and Sanchez next summer you will be in real trouble. It would cost you well well over £100m to replace their quality in the team with any sort of proven players.
Of course we will, that I do not deny but at this moment, it just doesn't look like Sanchez will be signing a new contract. Ozil I'm not sure about, thought it was pretty much done but nothing has been said by Wenger about Ozil lately.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Probably more than 100m the way things have been lately.

Really hope we get some new contracts sorted for both.
I think they should give Ozil 200-250k and 300-350k for Sanchez and lock them up for 4 years. With the way prices are going now, it will only cost a similar amount to replace them. Difference being you would have to pay a transfer fee on top.

It would be a major boost to the club if we can get all 3 to renew their contracts. Then go sign one top quality CB and get rid of fringe players, then I would be happy.

What ever happened to Wilshere, he showed so much promise in the past. Seems he lost the plot, injuries did not help either I suppose.

Caporegime
What ever happened to Wilshere, he showed so much promise in the past. Seems he lost the plot, injuries did not help either I suppose.
Lost the plot?? In what way?? He back at Arsenal but he can't stay fit for long so Arsenal are looking to offload him.
Shame really but he's of no use to us if he spends most of the season on the injury table.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Lost the plot?? In what way?? He back at Arsenal but he can't stay fit for long so Arsenal are looking to offload him.
Shame really but he's of no use to us if he spends most of the season on the injury table.
I was under the impression he was also not on the good books of wenger like what happened to Szczesny, cannot even remember what it was though.

Caporegime
I was under the impression he was also not on the good books of wenger like what happened to Szczesny, cannot even remember what it was though.
Not sure about that, yes he's a bit of a bad boy ie when we won the fa cup a few yrs back and he was blaring off about the Spuds.

Mind you I just read an article earlier today, saying Wilshere is part of Wengers plan this season. Question is whether or not he can stay fit for the whole season to be part of those plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom