The Ascent

Permabanned
So after an hour on Steam I can confirm the stutter issue is still there. Maybe not quite as bad but parts are pretty bad. Just got to the first "hub" and its pretty choppy. Shame really as its a really good game.

Associate
To be fair, I wouldnt necessarily blame Gamepass in this instance, they can only put up the build they've been supplied with. Its not like they have an older build and a newer build and have simply decided to put up just the older build. The blame here may well lie at the feet of the Ascent devs rather than Gamepass if they've only supplied an older build to Gamepass.

Yes fair point. I guess its just all of the other issues I've had with GP over the years, there's always something so it's easy to blame it :)

Regardless.... The Ascent is awesome.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Slowly getting used to twin sticks control, but my right stick control is as good as my left arm throws. Wonky and poorly executed...

Only thing stopping me doing mkb is the need to hold two WASD keys for most of the movement. (and also the desire to get better with twin stick)

Associate
Slowly getting used to twin sticks control, but my right stick control is as good as my left arm throws. Wonky and poorly executed...

Only thing stopping me doing mkb is the need to hold two WASD keys for most of the movement. (and also the desire to get better with twin stick)

Honestly just go keyboard and mouse. For me it's far more enjoyable, really struggled with the controller.

Man of Honour
Nope. Press 'T' on the keyboard and choose a destination. You don't unlock it straight away, few story missions in I believe.

Edit; actually, it seems like it is actually pretty far in you unlock it, so super-walking-simulator-2000 is still relevant.

Ah, I’ve not done many main missions, have done a few side quests. Yes, it does feel a bit walking simulator. I’m enjoying it, but it does feel quite limited as a game. Pretty though.

Edit: I’ve just unlocked the taxi service. Going on foot seems to net some decent xp though!

Last edited:
Soldato
Was playing this at 4K with RT effects max and DLSS at Balanced with 50-60 FPS on a 3080 but it was leaving the GPU at 100% utilisation. It's much better with RT off and DLSS on to get the lower GPU usage and quiet/cool gaming. In action the RT doesn't matter but might try an FSP cap of 45 FPS to see how it plays.

Man of Honour
Is it possible to get those energy weapons that some of the elite groups carry? Or am I stuck with endlessly upgrading the weapons I’m already carrying?

I maxed health out as a priority. That seemed to make the early bosses pretty easy. Not sure what to focus on next. Bullet spread seems like a go to seeing as I’m mostly using the assault rifle.

Soldato
Is it possible to get those energy weapons that some of the elite groups carry? Or am I stuck with endlessly upgrading the weapons I’m already carrying?

I maxed health out as a priority. That seemed to make the early bosses pretty easy. Not sure what to focus on next. Bullet spread seems like a go to seeing as I’m mostly using the assault rifle.

I think you get energy weapons fairly early as they are powerful against androids which you fight.

Soldato
Neat-o. I haven’t gotten that far yet. I only recently noticed the level requirement above missions - I suspect I lucked out on a few of the side missions.

I haven't gotten any yet either, but my wife was watching a beginners guide on Youtube yesterday whilst I was cooking and I over heard the guy mentioned to make sure you use energy weapons against androids. So I assume they come at some point.

Soldato
Im getting over 100fps at 4k with everything maxed on a 3090 but I have noticed that big explosions dont cause a drop in frame rate but an actual pause for a second.

Yes im the same, ive even capped it at 60fps as theres no noticeable difference on this game between 60 and 120 - but even capped at 60 i still get slowdown on big explosions.

Back
Top Bottom