• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

**The ASrock 939dual-SATA2 (ULi M1695) thread**

Associate
Netphreak said:
Both...

The problem is that when I try to install it, it says 64 bit windows XP already has an AGP driver and I only need to apply a special patch.
But I'm not running 64 bit windows XP and never have.

It also doesn't even show up under device manager at all.

Usually I would expect to see something with an "!" beside it meaning its not working properly or needs drivers installed but its not even listed!

All I'll say is its got me puzzled. :rolleyes:

I have the same problem. Get the same error messages, tried installing drivers from ASRock and from ULi.

I've got a 3000+ Venice running at 2.4Ghz / 266 Mhz FSB on my 939Dual-SATA2 with the stock cooler, runs stable and cool. I set the memory to "133" which makes it run at 171Mhz. I didn't change the other ratios yet.

On my favorite FPS game UrT (Quake 3 mod) it runs SLOWER on this sytem with an AGP 6800 (with everything unlocked ~ 16p/6v and overclocked some) than my Athlon XP system with a stock 6600GT!!! It's SO slow sometimes it feels like I'm using "onboard graphics" - ugh.

Associate
kutmasta said:
will i have to pay shipping? what other ram can i get so it will run, is geil value any good?

contact OCUK , get an RMA number to return them, and yes you will have to cover cost of shipping.

i've read in these forums and others that the geil value works fine on our board , FYI i ordered Corsair 1GB DDR XMS4400C25PT TwinX (2x512MB) which i 'think' also works - should recieve tomorrow , will update you if it works.

.... 3fdx i aint a spammer you troll ;)

Associate
ok, thanks. one more question: should i get some geil value OR spend about £20-30 and get the OCZ memory booster and run the ULTRA-X. Which is most cost effective and will get better performance. or is there some other ram that this motherboard will run and is around the same price.

Associate
pgrillo said:
contact OCUK , get an RMA number to return them, and yes you will have to cover cost of shipping.

i've read in these forums and others that the geil value works fine on our board , FYI i ordered Corsair 1GB DDR XMS4400C25PT TwinX (2x512MB) which i 'think' also works - should recieve tomorrow , will update you if it works.

.... 3fdx i aint a spammer you troll ;)

just to let you know that i had problems running my Corsair Pc4400 in this board needed a bit more juice that board chould give it :(

Associate
critofur said:
I have the same problem. Get the same error messages, tried installing drivers from ASRock and from ULi.

I've got a 3000+ Venice running at 2.4Ghz / 266 Mhz FSB on my 939Dual-SATA2 with the stock cooler, runs stable and cool. I set the memory to "133" which makes it run at 171Mhz. I didn't change the other ratios yet.

On my favorite FPS game UrT (Quake 3 mod) it runs SLOWER on this sytem with an AGP 6800 (with everything unlocked ~ 16p/6v and overclocked some) than my Athlon XP system with a stock 6600GT!!! It's SO slow sometimes it feels like I'm using "onboard graphics" - ugh.

did you do a complete format and reinstall and install the ULi drivers before the GPU drivers? This is a regular problem with this board if you don't start from scratch. Your card is probably running in PCI mode. If you read back to around pages 8-10 there is a fix.

Associate
JUST A QUICK WARNING ABOUT THE NEW BIOS

i was running at 230x11 but it would not boot at that setting so i had to turn abit of my overclocking down

Last edited:
Associate
ive set up my syetem yesterday with the Geil Ultra-x and it booted up fine, but if i install zone alarm it restarts as soon as it loads......also my ram autodetected as 333 and not 400, and if i changed that without upping the voltage it also restarts.

got any ideas about the zone alarm thing?

also what are good things to do for stress testing?

thanks.

Joe

Associate
kutmasta said:
also my ram autodetected as 333 and not 400, and if i changed that without upping the voltage it also restarts.

I had that with my Crucial 3200. I can't get it to boot at 200 (400DDR) at all, even with lower multipliers, increasd voltage. It looks like I'm undervolting on the vdimm as it barely reaches 2.6v and averages around 2.5v. So unless I check a new PSU or a bios comes out with better vdimm adjustments I'm stuck at 160mhz (cpu/15)! Bit of a pain!

Associate
This board does sound like a real winner with the AGP and PCI-E interfaces, but the only thing putting me off ordering one is the issues with the voltage for the RAM, seems to be rather low from what I've seen and read up on.

Does anyone have the exact voltage range for the RAM in figures as I've only managed to find reference to Low, Medium and High?

Stu

Soldato
ASrock problems

Im having a nightmare with this. Have connected everything up, all the case fans start up and the CPU fan, but nothing else! No GFX display. Is this connected to the cold boot issues??
Another weird thing - connect up my 20pin PSU adapter, I get power, add in the 4pin 12V connector and I get nothing, take it out, I get power again - am I missing a jumper setting anywhere?
The ATX power connector is a 24 pin, but splits to 20pin and a 4 pin, but using the 4pin in the ATX12V1 SOCKET kills all response when I plug it in, Nothing powers up...

Athlon64 3200
2x1Gb Elixir DDR400
ASrock 939Dual SATA mobo
Club3D Radeon 9600 (AGP 8x) 256Mb
Maxtor 250Gb SATA HDD
Tagan 480W PSU (TG480-U01)
Dell 17" Flat Panel Monitor

Any suggested troubleshooting steps would be welcome...

This driving me up the wall, I have all the bits, but cant get anything to work now :(

Thanks

Associate
The extra 4 pin connector on the 20pin ATX 2 power connector is to allow the PSU to work on ATX v1 (20 pin) and ATX v2 (24 pin ) motherboards, it's NOT the same as the 4 pin connector that is required to supply the extra 12v to the CPU. That should be a separate 4 pin connector with only black and yellow wires.

Soldato
;) - thats it!!

Cheers Bungle, I am least getting output to the monitor now, will wire everything back up and start installing...
Found a plug with P4 on it, there were two, but I only tried one before because I thought it was for a P4 CPU, when it I tried it and nothing happened!!!
Many Thanks

M

Associate
Ive just put together a system , with a 3200 venice, 939dual and a 1gig kit of Geil Ultra-X.

It seemed to have halted in prime95 after about 8 mins or so. something about its meant to be 0.4 and i got 0.5!?!?!?
So what does this mean?

Associate
It means that you have overclock'd a tad too much :)

The maths was wrong at the speed you were going

Theres a fine line with this board because of cpu voltage

I know my 4000 would do 2.8 - 3.0 on air with a few extra volts ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom