• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

**The ASrock 939dual-SATA2 (ULi M1695) thread**

Soldato
i have just ordered one of these for my new PC. with opteron 146 and x800 gto2 graphics card. I do i will be happy. What is the first thing i need to do when i get it, ie do i need to get a new BIOS etc ?

Many thanks

Associate
running opteron 144 on this

keep bios 1.2 as it seems the most stable
did not even reinstall windows found everything and gave me 6005 in 3 d mark
05 ( 6800gt at ultra speeds ) cpu at 2.4 9x270
doing the right thing now and fresh installation of the os atm
for the money you cant go far wrong

Associate
I've tried all bios's and none of them will let me past 274htt, with my Opteron 146 cabye. I've set my divider to 133 and ldt to 2 or "400mhz on the board".

I'm going to try the OCwbeta 2 again tonight.

Has anyone on here gone higher than 300htt, OCW had a fx57 at 399.9htt x 7 !! anyone job any idea what bios they used ?

This is driving me mad, thinking about ditching this mobo and agp card for something that'll easy break 300htt and a nice 7800 card.

Surely these mobo's should reach 300htt as it states it in the manual !

Associate
Well I did try the OCWBeta1 bios and that went higher that 300HTT, I sat happily at 300HTT on the OCWBeta3 bios as you can see in my post a few pages back but my ram is currently holding me back.

Gone back to Asrock 1.20 bios for now don't know why really.... :rolleyes:

Going to test them all this weekend and see which is the best, will update here once done.

Think i've caught the overclocking bug now :p

Stu

Associate
Fireblade2K4 said:
Anyone know how to monitor VDimm voltage on this board, can it be done with MBM5?

Stu

well in the past the -5v line in MBM5 has always matched my bios vdimm reading. Howver the Asrocks bios's dont read vidimm so although MBM5 says 2.55v I've got nothing to check it against.

However my RAM wont post at 200mhz on this board, which could be down to a low vdimm, so the evidence is that that is my vdimm reading (even at high in the bios).

Until I can try out a new PSU I'm not 100% sure either way.

Associate
Ha ha,

I've manged to get higher than 274htt now, my Opty 146 is now running at 2940mhz :D with 294htt ram set at 133 and the Nb/Sb thingys set at 200.
With Asrock 1.40 bios.

It wont boot into windows at 3000mhz :mad: , but I may try the volt mod and see how that goes ;) .

Doom 3 runs fine and it'll complete 3dmark03 with no problems, although it benches less than it did @ 2740mhz with the ram set to 200 and nb/sb's at auto. I'm assumming this is because of less bandwidth from the memory and the northbridge and southbridge running slower than at auto.

Soldato
Mines sitting in the local post office, i'll collect on the way home. Have a spare A64 3500+ and some ram sitting around so i thought i'd give this board a go.

Associate
mp260767 said:
does the asrock bios updater work on other bios (ie ocw ) ?

and anyone been brave enough to try their windows bios updater yet ?

i got problems with the latest asrock bios 939dm21.40, flashed it word for word from asrock's web instructions using a dos bootable floppy.
Got message flash successful - restart your pc and it wont post :(

So i rma'd it and next board just done the same!! - am using an opteron 146.

edit: Just checked thier website - looks like asrock have changed the 2005/11/11 bios download to a windows updater, damn 2 days ago it was dos only (i guess they seen the problem and changed it)

Last edited:
Associate
Hi Xeon,

I had the same problem, I reflashed the bios and went to "Load optimal settings" and then "save and exit" and it failed to boot ! i swear my heart beat doubled for a few mins. But after powering on and off a few times it sprung back to life, this seams to happen every time I reflash the bios !

I've got no experience of the windows updater on this mobo, Its not included on my cdrom that came with it !

Soldato
im getting a bit worried about this board now. I thought it was ok now you all seem to be having problems with it. Is it usual for all these problems ? I'm getting a opteron 146 and want to clcok it up a bit) this will be me learning all about clcoking as well as presently i know nothing.

Soldato
Having absolutely no luck getting this board to run. Power gets to the CPU fan and graphics but it just refuses to start. I've tried different graphics cards and ram with no luck.

Running an A64 3500+ and trying to get a 6800GT to run, the power supply may be a little weak in that its a Enermax 350W but i thought i may have got some life. The same supply has just been running the 6800GT and a XP-M @ 2500Mhz. Anyone any suggestions.

Last edited:
Associate
have you also plugged in the 4 pin P4 adapter? I woudl say its the PSU. Mine is 420, but pre-ATX 2.0 and this board is ultimately a PCI-E board so I guess it needs a modern PSU to run well.

Soldato
Yeah, i've got the 4 pin connector plugged in. I can only assume that its the power supply thats the problem or either that the board is DOA. I wouldnt think that the A64 would be damaged, it wasnt relplaced in my main machine all that long ago.

Back
Top Bottom