• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

**The ASrock 939dual-SATA2 (ULi M1695) thread**

Associate
I'll be greatly interested in how you get on Stu, as I just received a 146 CABYE 0540 FPBW. Our rigs a quite similar (well after the mobo and cpu are installed), so your experience should give me an idea of what to expect.

Ginga

Associate
Yeah it will be interested as it always is when building a new rig, lol....

I think with this board I can expect a pretty decent overclock on stock volts with RAM and CPU, if I get to 2.5Ghz i'll be happy, until now i've not really done much overclocking so this will be a learning curve for me, but after seeing how these Opterons are overclocking and the mucho cheepness of this board, its a cheap enough experiment that maybe very rewarding indeed :D

Will keep you all posted from tomorrow on my progress anyway, but for now work :(

Stu

Associate
Good enough sound for me. I have had some issues with the mic however - i need to use mic boost in order to pick-up sounds. At first when mic boost was enabled I got some static when using the mouse wheel, but now I have it set to 'push key' to activate and its all good.

Associate
Speedfan will monitor the temps and volts just fine. Unfortunately there is no support for fan speed adjustment on this board which is a real shame as my case now sounds like a 747 taking off!

Associate
Stu - I recall reading somewhere that it does work, although for the life of me I can't remember where. I think it's a pretty benign program, so you could just install it and see. That's what I'm planning to do.

Ginga

Associate
275 htt barrier

anyone got past this yet ?
runs fine at 275 but will not go higher , have seen that there is a restriction in the bios
memory is not the problem
suggestions needed please

Associate
I've the same problem even after installing various bios's like asrock1.40 or Ocwbeta3. If I raise the htt over 274 and drop the multi to anythinf, I've got to reset the bios by powering off a few times.

I'm currently limited to 2740mhz with my 146 Opteron and it should be good for 2.9-3.0. I've also got an unopened 144 opteron cab2e I may give that a go and see if it'll enable me to raise it past 275 but I sure it the bios holding me back.

Has anyone got any advice on what I can do to break the evil 275 celling ?

Associate
peter said:
anyone got past this yet ?
runs fine at 275 but will not go higher , have seen that there is a restriction in the bios
memory is not the problem
suggestions needed please
i beleave that the ocw beta2 was the best bios for overclocking

Associate
What do the HtperTransport Multipliers on this board do, there are settings Auto, 200Mhz, 400Mhz, 600Mhz, 800Mhz and 1000Mhz.....how do these impact system performance, stability and what other settings effect/impact these?

I've been messing with the HTT and DDR clocks most of the day knowing pretty much what I'm doing but im lost with these other settings, there appear to be 2 places in the bios where they show up, some for the Northbridge and some for the Southbridge, I am new to A64 systems, little different from the old XP's when it come to overclocking, lol.

Any pointers greatly appreciated.

Stu

Associate
Any way of knocking up the multiplier? As the current 275HTT limit wont let me go past 2400 (x9), i remember I tried it once on the original install bios (which didn't have an option for upping the htt that i could find) and it just set itself back to 9...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom