**The ASrock 939dual-SATA2 (ULi M1695) thread**

Permabanned
It lets you increase the voltage by 0.05V over the stock voltage. You have to do a hard mod to the board by joining 2 points together to get more voltage. I done this using conductive paint as the points are next to each other, it's very easy to do.
There is also a HTT limit of 274 but there is a bios mod which removes the limit.

I've already put this in your other thread but i'll put it here as well for other people that want to know.

Soldato
thanks lee87.

i have ordered 2 of these boards and 2 opteron 146 cpu's. both me and a friend are doing an upgrade from socket A xp-m cpus.

will be interesting to see how we both fair using the same setup. ram is probably the only different component that will effect our overclocks im guessing since i have crucial and he has geil.

what can we expect to get out of these opteron 146 cpus?

Soldato
well depending on the stepping of the cpu, anything I believe from 2.5 upwards. Stock is 2ghz remember. Mine is running quite happily at 29*c idle at 2.71ghz, will go to 2.74ghz on the P1.50 Bios, not tried any other BIOS yet though.

This is my stepping. Any one else got THIS stepping any higher on this board ? and with what Bios, I dont really fancy doing the Vcore mods etc

Soldato
I couldnt answer that Q, sorry. before I had this CPU I was on socket A with 1.4ghz so whatever i noticed was a improvement anyhow. with the L2 Cache being @ 1mb I dont know if we notice that in every day use though ?

Soldato
what sort of cooling are you using with your setup? im planning on taking my gpower-bl over to my opteron. hopefully it should be ok since it cools the xp-m2600 to 55c at 2.5ghz and 1.825v.

Soldato
thats good.

would i need a new psu for this setup? my 550w enermax is the older type that does not have stuff like pci-e connector and 6 pin power to board and only has the old 20pin atx connector.

my enermax 550 is rated at 46a on 5v and 24a on 12v

Soldato
well this board only needs the big 20 pin on main power and a 4 pin power also on mainboard. You would only need a PCI'E power connector if using PCI-E Graphics card. but if your going to still use AGP youd be fine.

I use a Hyper Type R and it works fine, Im not knowledgable about PSU's though, so yours may or may not be suitable. Some other people perhaps can give you better adive on that.

Soldato
Magic_x_uk said:
well depending on the stepping of the cpu, anything I believe from 2.5 upwards. Stock is 2ghz remember. Mine is running quite happily at 29*c idle at 2.71ghz, will go to 2.74ghz on the P1.50 Bios, not tried any other BIOS yet though.

This is my stepping. Any one else got THIS stepping any higher on this board ? and with what Bios, I dont really fancy doing the Vcore mods etc

I'm in the same postion.. got the same stepping as you and running at 2.7.

Not sure about flashing the BIOS.. although I've heard majority of chips of this stepping hit 2.8/2.9 with ~ 1.4V.

As for the PSU thing.. I'm running a Neo Power 480W.
Got 1MB, 3 HDDs, 1 DVD-RW, 6 Fans, 1 x 6800GT (AGP) and 1 x Fan controller on it.. and it runs fine :)

Associate
Cyber-Mav said:
guess i could get a hiper psu since its the cheapest to buy that is of decent quality.

Your PSU should be fine as it has 'genuine' decent current on the 12v rail and the ASROCK uses 'standard' 20 pin ATX and 4 pin 'P4' connectors which are pretty well standard on all PSU's! ;)
You may need a PCIe adaptor if you have PCIe graphics but I think these are usually supplied with the graphics cards?

Back
Top Bottom