**The ASrock 939dual-SATA2 (ULi M1695) thread**

Soldato
Right I am now going to buy this board, I rang my local shop and they have it in stock.. yeees.

It will mean me upgrading from socket 754 to 939, so I will need a 939 cpu and Im gonna get a AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3800+ to go with it. All this and I still get to keep my Agp Geforce 6800 GT and the extra performance... I think overclockers have dropped one for not stocking these mind. :)

Associate
Jimbo said:
Right I am now going to buy this board, I rang my local shop and they have it in stock.. yeees.

It will mean me upgrading from socket 754 to 939, so I will need a 939 cpu and Im gonna get a AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3800+ to go with it. All this and I still get to keep my Agp Geforce 6800 GT and the extra performance... I think overclockers have dropped one for not stocking these mind. :)

I didn't find my son's easy to set up initially but once up and running it has done sterling service for a good few months. A very good budget mobo :cool:

Soldato
Well I read this post at work today at about 13.30 I rang my local shop and they had them in stock. Its now 17.14 and Im back in the house with the board. :)

Now as is normally my luck, Im expecting loads of people to suddenly find a major flaw or fault lol.

No but seriously, I have put of upgrading to socket 939 for so long, this was just a perfect oportunity and I couldnt miss it. At £47 it cost me it has to be the bargain of the year! only dissapointment out of the box is you only get one sata cable. But hey beggers cant be choosers. :D

Now to sell my A64 3700 + clawhammer (754) and get a A64 dual core 3800+ (939)

Lovely. :p

A happy buyer. :)

Associate
What heatsinks have people fitted to this board. I have a 3200 to cool.

I need to get some Ram as well for about 65-75 quid, 1gb preferably. Any suggestions?

Permabanned
drew said:

I need to get some Ram as well for about 65-75 quid, 1gb preferably. Any suggestions?
I have a Thermaltake Blue Orb II, it's very quiet only 17db and it's good at keeping my X2 3800+ cool.

For the ram i'd get G.Skill 1GB DDR ZX PC3200 (2x512MB) CAS2 Dual Channel Kit (F1-3200PHU2-1GBZX) (MY-002-GS). This has good timings and should overclock well.

Associate
drew said:

TT Big Typhoon or Sonic Tower (Have both. Sonic Tower usually sits on my NF7 cooling my 1700), but i had to pinch a backplate off a friends dead mobo (Asrock doesn't have one as standard)

cools a [email protected] (250*11) and I'm testing a new Sandy in it ATM, should hit about the same.

Associate
Please could somebody tell me the differance in performance that i would get if i was to use 1 gig (pc3200) of memory in dual channel as to 1.5 gig in single channel. Thanks

Soldato
Just what im after. Is this board any good? My MSI K7N2s northbridge fan has gone, and has given my the inkling to upgrade, however finding an AGP 939 board is now difficult to find. I can get this board for £40 from a local store (no choice since OCUK dont stock it) are they worth the upgrade?

Specs for it will probably be:

3200 Venice
AGP 6800
1GB GeIL Value 3200
80GB Maxtor SATA Diamondmax drive

Current:

2800 sempron
AGP 6800
1GB GeIL Value 3200
80GB Maxtor as above
MSI K7N2 Delta ILSR (NB fan b0rked)

cheers

Jimbo - is the shop on stanhope street?

Last edited:
Soldato
Stellios said:
Just what im after. Is this board any good? My MSI K7N2s northbridge fan has gone, and has given my the inkling to upgrade, however finding an AGP 939 board is now difficult to find. I can get this board for £40 from a local store (no choice since OCUK dont stock it) are they worth the upgrade?

Specs for it will probably be:

3200 Venice
AGP 6800
1GB GeIL Value 3200
80GB Maxtor SATA Diamondmax drive

Current:

2800 sempron
AGP 6800
1GB GeIL Value 3200
80GB Maxtor as above
MSI K7N2 Delta ILSR (NB fan b0rked)

cheers

Jimbo - is the shop on stanhope street?

Hi Stellios,

Sorry for the delay in replying, been at work. Indeed yes the shop is on stanhope street. Cost me £47.. got to be worth a gamble at that price? I cant comment on how good it is yet though until I get a socket 939 cpu.. thatll be soon though. :)

Last edited:
Associate
Jimbo, 64 Freezer fits fine. Be careful of the rubber fan mounting as it can be a bit delicate when installing cables etc around it, thank heavens for superglue.

My problem is that I can't get it to boot from my drives.

Would not boot from my existing widows install on a Maxtor ide.

Bought a Maxtor 300mb sata II drive and have tried installing windows on this but although it sees it in Bios it won't find it when rebooting during the windows install process.

Anyone help on the correct bios setting? Or order of driver install as I am now typing this on a rig I have made out of my old bits, where as I have £500 worth of shiny gear next to me that won't boot!

Soldato
andymacd said:
Jimbo, 64 Freezer fits fine. Be careful of the rubber fan mounting as it can be a bit delicate when installing cables etc around it, thank heavens for superglue.

Bought a Maxtor 300mb sata II drive and have tried installing windows on this but although it sees it in Bios it won't find it when rebooting during the windows install process.

Anyone help on the correct bios setting? Or order of driver install as I am now typing this on a rig I have made out of my old bits, where as I have £500 worth of shiny gear next to me that won't boot!

You have to set it non raid I believe..

Associate
andymacd said:

that Hdd did not work in my setup don't think you will be able to run sataII with a maxtor in that board ,only way i chould get it to work was running it on the orther two sata ports

Back
Top Bottom