**The ASrock 939dual-SATA2 (ULi M1695) thread**

Soldato
top stuff, looks like i will be good to go.

all i need to do now is sort the ram out. my current 2gig of crucial value ram was not purchased as a kit. the sticks i bought individually and they don;t work in dual channel mode on my nforce2 board. now i know the nforce 2 chipset is very dodgey when it comes to ram. any ideas if the ram will work in dual channel in the asrock board or to run dual channel does it have to be matched sticks bought as a kit?

Soldato
Cyber-Mav said:
thats good.

would i need a new psu for this setup? my 550w enermax is the older type that does not have stuff like pci-e connector and 6 pin power to board and only has the old 20pin atx connector.

my enermax 550 is rated at 46a on 5v and 24a on 12v

You should be fine. I'm running an older Antec Truepower 430w on mine. Rock solid. My grphics card is a modest Radeon 9500Pro, but even with something quicker you should be fine. Certainly worth trying it first before going out and buying anything else

Associate
Cyber-Mav said:
top stuff, looks like i will be good to go.

all i need to do now is sort the ram out. my current 2gig of crucial value ram was not purchased as a kit. the sticks i bought individually and they don;t work in dual channel mode on my nforce2 board. now i know the nforce 2 chipset is very dodgey when it comes to ram. any ideas if the ram will work in dual channel in the asrock board or to run dual channel does it have to be matched sticks bought as a kit?

I had a problem running Crucial Ram on my old Nforce2 board. Running it with a CAS of 2.5 cured that though.

As to running Crucial RAM with the Asrock board, I had 2 x 512MB sticks running in dual channel @ 224MHz 3-4-4-9 no problem. They weren't brought as a kit, but I did buy them at the same time(if you know what I mean)so they were most probably from the same batch.

It's a different kettle of fish though as you have 2GB of RAM. It may just be a question of putting them in and see if they work.

HTH, dagwoood.

Soldato
yea gonna give it a try to see if they work if not i will take the 1 gig corsair xms ram out of the 2nd pc. its rated at pc3200 and 2-2-2-5 timings so will be faster than the crucial stuff i have. then later down the line i will grab more ram.

Soldato
Jimbo said:
Nice one stellios, its a good board and mine is rock stable at the moment. :p

Yes, mine has been running 24/7 on full load now for 3 months now, rock solid and I'm delighted with it. I'm running an Opteron 144 with a conservative overclock of 2250 (FSB 250). Incredible value

Soldato
Guys i need your eternal wisdom.

Ive just got this board and upon switching it on i get constant beeping, counted to 20 beeps and then turned it off. Heres the strange thing, when i put the power cable into the back of the PC then the PC will turn on for a split second then turn off again, long enough to do about half a beep.

Ive tried:

-Moving the RAM
-1 stick of RAM
-Fiddling the power button jumper settings
-Resetting CMOS
-Without any drives and just the HDD

Im pretty confident the board isnt touching the mobo tray, and really dont know what to try now.

Please help, ive got no working PC.

Permabanned
Mine does the same, when I plug the power cable in, all the fans start and light up (led fans) and go off again after a second. Must be something to do with the board.

Is everything seated properly?
Try unplugging everything and attaching it again.
Is the cpu fan plugged in?
Is the 4 pin ATX connector plugged in?

Soldato
Sorted it, was my own STUPID fault.

It wasnt the PC beeping, it was my fan controller, and my PC screen was switched off :o Yes, i deserve a slap!!!!

It wont work with my USB keyboard :( hope i can find a PS2 one.

Associate
Hi, newbie here :p

Anyway, i'm taking delivery of this board tomorrow along with a nice 3500+ venice.

I've been reading various bits 'n' bobs about how to install agp cards properly. Apparently i should download the latest drivers from ULi, problem is their downloads are broken!

So, does anyone here have the setup files? If so i'd be very grateful if you could email them to bertwade 'at' gmail 'dot' com

Thanks
Ben

Also, anyone got any other installation tips for this mobo? (Not my first complete install) Thanks again

Soldato
right prepping this board now for the install im doing tomorrow.

the stock heatsinks on the north and southbridge are stuck down by a very very tiny amount of thermal compound :mad: . so i put more on.

would i benefit from better cooling on the north and south bridge or is the stock cooling good enough?

Back
Top Bottom