**The ASrock 939dual-SATA2 (ULi M1695) thread**

Soldato
how come there is a lock in place on the htt if it the board can handle higher :confused:
wonder why asrock has done this? do you think they will ever release an official bios that supports a higher htt speed?

Permabanned
I think Asrock and Asus are the same company, Asrock make cheap budget boards and if they made them overclock well then nobody would buy the Asus boards and they would lose money. I doubt they will release an official bios with higher HTT. Thats what I think anyway.

Soldato
I know this is a daft question but can you use a normal pci card in that pci express slot? the long one i mean? or is it just for a dedicated pci express graphics card?

The problem is my zalman cooler on my geforce 6800gt agp takes up a couple of pci slots next to it.

Associate
Cyber-Mav said:
how come there is a lock in place on the htt if it the board can handle higher :confused:
wonder why asrock has done this? do you think they will ever release an official bios that supports a higher htt speed?
I read on another forum that the reason there is a htt lock is because the boards components have problems with running any higher.

Since Asrock boards are budget boards the components are not as great as normal Asus boards, there is already problems running 1T for some of the dual sata's around. I have a dual sata myself running the ocwbeta2 bios with the vcore mod, currently htt is at 280 with my opteron 146 and its rock solid stable, although I always feel my opty can go higher but I seem to always get random cold boot problems when I do go higher.

Still, Im pretty pleased for a 50 quid board! :D

Soldato
yea, im quite happy with this board since it only cost around 43 quid inc vat.
hehehe.

i been reading that some people even getting up to 400htt speed. how is that possible with this board? :eek:

Associate
My front USB ports on my case caused random reboot and all sorts of odd problems when I had them connected. I connected them twice to make sure I had done it right, and the problems still occured. So now Ive disconnected them completely.

My case is an Antec AMG1000 or whatever it was called btw.

Soldato
Jimbo said:
Yeah Im having some right headaches getting usb devices such as cameras and printers to work.. it keeps asking for files that I dont have.

Next time it asks, point it to either the Windows folder or the Windows/system32 folder or maybe the Windows/system32/drivers and see if it finds them.

Soldato
Unbelivable it really is.. it was missing dll files amongst others which I just got of the web, it then finished the install of the device and now when I connect it it tells me it cant be detected.. christ.

Back
Top Bottom