**The ASrock 939dual-SATA2 (ULi M1695) thread**

By the way I found out the reason behind the slow shut down/restart... well partly anyway. Its caused by a running proccess, I'm not sure which one exactlly but when I shut down a number of them it shuts down toot sweet. Try it.

Does anyone know how to stop the delightful trait of changing the boot order when a USB drive is left plugged in during a restart?

I have one raid 0 array (default boot) plus one drive in the sata II port both are bootable.

I had hoped 1.6 bios would help from coming from 1.2, but all its done is upset the applecart. Using the USB ports on the front panel now brings about the occasional BSOD and last night the frankly bizzare prompt from the ALi raid manager that my USB drive was part of the raid array.

xiphrex said:
My front USB ports on my case caused random reboot and all sorts of odd problems when I had them connected. I connected them twice to make sure I had done it right, and the problems still occured. So now Ive disconnected them completely.

My case is an Antec AMG1000 or whatever it was called btw.

Hmm this is what is happening to me since I went from bios 1.2>1.6 :mad:

right done some tests in 3dm03 the sounds tests, the sblive is slower than the onboard audio. onboard gets 69.7fps and sblive gets 66.4fps.

also no gameports working since xp64 has no legacy support for gameport devices anymore.

If i bought the Scythe Ninja is anything else needed? does the backplate that comes with the ninja work ok on this mobo?

Have had a look through all the thread but can't find a definitive answer.

Cheers

Cal_G said:
If i bought the Scythe Ninja is anything else needed? does the backplate that comes with the ninja work ok on this mobo?

Have had a look through all the thread but can't find a definitive answer.

Cheers

Yip it works and fits fine..
I'm running one at this very moment.

The only slight problem I had was about 1mm of the adhesive pad on the backplate covered the back end of a few components.. however I've had it on for a few weeks now with no problems! :)

Thank you. How are you finding it? was going to use it with a 3700+, the only other noise in my system would be from 2x120mm fans and a very quiet PSU fan, does the fan that comes with the ninja make much noise?

Cheers

Cyber-Mav said:
cool, some pics would be awsome. please post them up.
currently my setup is formatting now and windows will be installing soon.

tried running memtest and goldmemory but both keep freezing at certain points.

odd thing is that on 2 laptops i have just built the tests freeze at the same points so it seems like some software incompatability or something. very odd.

Hey, sorry for the slowness in doing these for you. As you can see from the circled sections the black padding had to have a section cut out of the middle in order to have no interference with the components on the reverse side of the socket. My temps are 29c @ idle and about 36c under load. Hope these help. :)

and is limited to 232mhz! to be honest you would be better off with an old msi neo plat 939 nf3 mb if you need an agp/939 solution.
fair enough its 10 quid cheaper than the dual sata2 and the sata2 is a cheap board! but the sata2 seems a better board in evey aspect.

Cyber-Mav said:
thanks for those pics. what happened to that black casing around the cpu socket? did you remove it?

Yeah I did, I just pushed the white stoppers back through and piched it so that I could pull the retention bracket through. The hsf works well even though it is very massive! Hope that helps cyber mav!

Back
Top Bottom