**The ASrock 939dual-SATA2 (ULi M1695) thread**

A new official BIOS has been released by Asrock. It's available from here.

It's listed as a BIOS to "Modify to support AM2 CPU Board."

Please note, some users can't boot their systems(myself included :()when they apply their overclocked settings.

Id like to know the following ....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys...

Right, I have a beta bios I want to be able to flash with my board...

I have one file in the package ocw2beta.rom

How can I make a cd to boot this, as I dont have a floppy drive... a quick guide would be nice thanks guys!

P.s. For Asrock 939 Dual.

Dr. Gonzo said:
Thanks for helping clear up this issue, has anyone had any experience of using a AC Freezer 64 Pro with the Thermalright backplate? :)

Please PM me if you have one spare and you would like to sell or let me know anywhere I might be able to buy one on-line.

Thanks!

"Apparently" I can use a plastic backplate, has anyone had an experience of using one of these as a replacement? I'm a bit dubious as to the stability of the plastic to hold the heatsink in place.

has any one had trouble fitting an artic cooler 64 on this board? More to the point i cant even get this board to power up. Any idears any one???????

Charge said:
has any one had trouble fitting an artic cooler 64 on this board? More to the point i cant even get this board to power up. Any idears any one???????

Have you tried reading the last response? This motherboard does not come with a metal backplate which is required to stabilse the afformentioned HS/F.

Thank ****! Finally found a retention kit if anyone's experiencing the same troubles I have.

Scythe Universal Retention Kit

£8 for a piece of metal... oh well it must be done. :(

Scythe_SCURK01_g1.jpg

type dir, this will tell you whats on the disk. If that is the cd with the file on then just do what you said.

If it's not the cd then do this
Just type D:\ (cd drive I think)
then type 'dir' to see if its the right disk.
Then type ASRflash.exe ocwbeta2.rom - or whatever the name of the bios file is.

Dr. Gonzo said:
Have you tried reading the last response? This motherboard does not come with a metal backplate which is required to stabilse the afformentioned HS/F.

What do you mean its needed for a freezer 64? my freezer 64 fits perfect and I dont need anything to stablise it. It sitting on my cpu lovely and my temps are good @ 33c. Am I talking about the same hs/fan here?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom