The ASRock thread [support/feedback/etc]

Associate
OP
just contacted them in regards to my pre-order for the K4....informed it is a week or so away ! :confused::mad:
Yeah, sorry - not all models in this shipment either.

How are Biostar regarded these days for motherboards?
You don't see them on the OCUK forums, do you? :D

(Sorry about the lack of K4s in this shipment though - sad to see you go.)

Associate
Swapped my Pro gaming for a taichi and collected from ocuk. Now my only problem is i am not sure i have a pen drive to put windows on..... Doh!

Associate
Someone must have known prior to arrival that the K4's weren't part of the shipment. I've had all the gear now for 3 weeks and still no date for a board. Cancelling my K4, ordering the MSI Carbon, (the Taichi is just too expensive for my needs) can't just keep waiting and waiting.

Associate
Why are the gears on the Taichi all random? I mean I could deal with totally random but its like they've tried to connect them together and its been done by a five year old. Really bugs my OCD :D great board though.

30mmvsx.png

Associate
OP
Someone must have known prior to arrival that the K4's weren't part of the shipment. I've had all the gear now for 3 weeks and still no date for a board. Cancelling my K4, ordering the MSI Carbon, (the Taichi is just too expensive for my needs) can't just keep waiting and waiting.
Somebody definitely did know, but not us handling the social bits for the UK. Sorry if you felt misled, we've acted on and conveyed the info the sales people have given us.

I've just ordered an ASRock Intel Z270 SuperCarrier 4-Way SLi Kaby Lake ATX Motherboard - Excited!
We're excited too. Do share pics once you receive it, will you? :)

Why are the gears on the Taichi all random? I mean I could deal with totally random but its like they've tried to connect them together and its been done by a five year old. Really bugs my OCD :D great board though.
It may well be just to mess with people's OCDs. In fact, it's starting to bug us now that you mention it. :D

Associate

30mmvsx.png

Arrgh! Its in the graphics in the BIOS too... I also can't unsee it now :)

Associate
I have to say I've been super impressed with Asrock support, I have a Logitech G510 keyboard that was working fine on my old PC but was only recognised after booting into the OS on my new system. To boot into the BIOS I had to use another keyboard. I emailed their support and someone acknowledged the problem and said they would report it to the engineers in Taiwan. The very next day I got an email back saying they had reproduced and fixed the issue, and attached a new BIOS. I now have 1.95 BIOS installed which is newer than the beta version on the website. I was expecting it to take ages, or to not get fixed at all.

Associate
I went for 2x8Gb PC3200 Trident Z CL15 as the Flare X PC3200 are still unavailable. They're supposed to also be based on the famous Samsung B die chips so fingers crossed they will work just fine.
Worst case scenario I'll send them back and wait for the Flare X.

By the way received the Taichi this afternoon, very impressive looking board! :D

Associate
I went for 2x8Gb PC3200 Trident Z CL15 as the Flare X PC3200 are still unavailable. They're supposed to also be based on the famous Samsung B die chips so fingers crossed they will work just fine.
Worst case scenario I'll send them back and wait for the Flare X.

By the way received the Taichi this afternoon, very impressive looking board! :D

Great looking board!, share some pictures of the memory as well!

Back
Top Bottom