The ASRock thread [support/feedback/etc]

Soldato
So AMD have officially announced ASRock as Partners for Zen AM4 Motherboards, they even announced ASRock will be doing the X370 Taichi model, do you guys have any other X370 models planned? quite like those Z270 series you have above, any chance of those in X370?

Associate
OP
Heh I didn't even see the proceeding UTC, saw the GMT and left it at that!
Also - the Rack guys have indeed taken out the Deep Sleep options in newer BIOS versions as it caused some issues.

So AMD have officially announced ASRock as Partners for Zen AM4 Motherboards, they even announced ASRock will be doing the X370 Taichi model, do you guys have any other X370 models planned? quite like those Z270 series you have above, any chance of those in X370?
There will be more, but we can't tell you exactly what currently.

Soldato
Also - the Rack guys have indeed taken out the Deep Sleep options in newer BIOS versions as it caused some issues.

So there is no way to enable automatic hibernation on this motherboard? Disappointing as I used the manual and website to determine some of the features I needed, also there is nothing in the bios download section to say that deep sleep is no longer supported.

Associate
OP
So there is no way to enable automatic hibernation on this motherboard? Disappointing as I used the manual and website to determine some of the features I needed, also there is nothing in the bios download section to say that deep sleep is no longer supported.

Basically, yes - sorry about that. You can always revert to an older BIOS version and see if it works for you.

Soldato
Hmmm I was hoping for more to be honest, a competitor supports deep sleep (and S3) plus HMTL5 for the iKVM but choose the E3C224, I think I might have made the wrong choice.

As none of the bios downloads have a change log, can you find out which BIOS still supports deep sleep? I'd still prefer to have access to broadwell cpus as well as an upgrade path.

I'd rather not have to fork out more money for another motherboard as nothing is cheap here in New Zealand and I'd lose out on the cost of this one too.

Associate
OP
Hmmm I was hoping for more to be honest, a competitor supports deep sleep (and S3) plus HMTL5 for the iKVM but choose the E3C224, I think I might have made the wrong choice.

As none of the bios downloads have a change log, can you find out which BIOS still supports deep sleep? I'd still prefer to have access to broadwell cpus as well as an upgrade path.

I'd rather not have to fork out more money for another motherboard as nothing is cheap here in New Zealand and I'd lose out on the cost of this one too.

Of course - we're checking which version is the latest to support deep sleep and get back to you once we have an answer.

Associate
OP

1.40 is the latest version with deep sleep capabilities.

Any info on the Supercarrier board?

Some of the features are outlined here: http://www.asrock.com/microsite/Intel200/

A full product page for the Supercarrier will pop up in the future.

Soldato
@ AsrockMB........ It looks like I'm upgrading to Kabylake and I'm in the market for a suitable mobo. Now, I don't need insane overclocking options, maybe up to 4.2-4.4 (virtually the boost speed of some of these cpus) and I don't even know what most of these new mobo options are, let alone use them, so I'm looking at a basic mobo that'll allow for a bit of o/clocking (even auto overclocking would be nice), usb 3, easy to use uefi, etc. I'm basically a pc ludite, so if its easier to use/set up, I'm in.
I used to use a lot of ASrock boards years ago for AMD builds and I found 'em super reliable, cheap and easy to setup so I'm assuming nothings changed so I fancy giving them a go instead of the gigabyte option that I'd usually go for. Heres a couple that caught my eye

Z270 Pro4 Intel Z270 (Socket 1151) DDR4 ATX Motherboard

Z270M Pro4 Intel Z270 (Socket 1151) DDR4 Micro ATX Motherboard

Any opinions appreciated.

Soldato
1.40 is the latest version with deep sleep capabilities.

Thanks, so downgrading to this bios will obviously kill the upgrade path to Broadwell in the future, I also note that on the latest bios release it has this improvement:

1.Improve PCIe card compatibility

What does that mean? I run this motherboard with a GTX1070 and would prefer not to run into trouble; again no change log or expanded description to understand what this means!

Associate
Whew.. Finally found the perfect motherboard for my passive cooled HTPC setup.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asro...1151-ddr4-mini-itx-motherboard-mb-14j-ak.html

The info on overclockers.co.uk does not match the info on Asrocks site, though. According to Asrock the motherboard has thunderbolt 3, displayport 1.2 and HDMI 2.0. So it natively supports 4k@60hz over HDMI as the only mini-ITX board I've seen yet.

Any idea when this board may be available?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
@ AsrockMB........ It looks like I'm upgrading to Kabylake and I'm in the market for a suitable mobo. Now, I don't need insane overclocking options, maybe up to 4.2-4.4 (virtually the boost speed of some of these cpus) and I don't even know what most of these new mobo options are, let alone use them, so I'm looking at a basic mobo that'll allow for a bit of o/clocking (even auto overclocking would be nice), usb 3, easy to use uefi, etc. I'm basically a pc ludite, so if its easier to use/set up, I'm in.
I used to use a lot of ASrock boards years ago for AMD builds and I found 'em super reliable, cheap and easy to setup so I'm assuming nothings changed so I fancy giving them a go instead of the gigabyte option that I'd usually go for. Heres a couple that caught my eye

Z270 Pro4 Intel Z270 (Socket 1151) DDR4 ATX Motherboard

Z270M Pro4 Intel Z270 (Socket 1151) DDR4 Micro ATX Motherboard

Any opinions appreciated.
The Pro4's are basically sitting at the lower end of our high-end stuff. Perfect if you're just on the market for an all-round board. The Z270M is Micro-ATX whereas the non-M is ATX - if you're building from scratch and want something slightly smaller, we recommend the M, if you're gonna fit it in a full-size case, the Z270 Pro4 makes more sense for future upgradability.

Thanks, so downgrading to this bios will obviously kill the upgrade path to Broadwell in the future, I also note that on the latest bios release it has this improvement:

1.Improve PCIe card compatibility

What does that mean? I run this motherboard with a GTX1070 and would prefer not to run into trouble; again no change log or expanded description to understand what this means!
The PCI-E fixes made have been mostly for AMD graphics cards and peripheral cards. No real reports about NVIDIA cards not working as intended.

Whew.. Finally found the perfect motherboard for my passive cooled HTPC setup.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asro...1151-ddr4-mini-itx-motherboard-mb-14j-ak.html

The info on overclockers.co.uk does not match the info on Asrocks site, though. According to Asrock the motherboard has thunderbolt 3, displayport 1.2 and HDMI 2.0. So it natively supports 4k@60hz over HDMI as the only mini-ITX board I've seen yet.

Any idea when this board may be available?
It does indeed come with Thunderbolt 3 and DP 1.2, and it indeed says 4k @ 60Hz on the specs on our product page, but nowhere does it actually mention HDMI 2.0 - we're double-checking to make sure. Same thing with availability, we'll get back to you as soon as we have word on it.

Associate
AsrockMB said:
It does indeed come with Thunderbolt 3 and DP 1.2, and it indeed says 4k @ 60Hz on the specs on our product page, but nowhere does it actually mention HDMI 2.0 - we're double-checking to make sure. Same thing with availability, we'll get back to you as soon as we have word on it.

Ah - I assumed (never a good thing) that it was HDMI 2.0 - because as far as I know, HDMI 1.4 does not support 4k@60hz. I may be wrong, though :)

It'll be available in UK by the end of January.

Perfect, thank you :)

Back
Top Bottom