The ASRock thread [support/feedback/etc]

Soldato
Thanks for getting back to me about the warranty.
I remember once having to send a PSU to the Netherlands, after that I became more selective as to what brand I buy.

Both Gigabyte and Asus (afaik) have UK based return centres, for me that makes a difference.

Associate
OP
No news is good news as far as a support thread goes, but now it's our turn to share a little something with you - namely the Z270 Extreme4 review over at KitGuru: http://www.kitguru.net/components/motherboard/ryan-martin/asrock-z270-extreme4-motherboard-review/

Perfect if you're looking for a board without gaming bling, as Ryan Martin so eloquently puts it: "The Z270 Extreme4 is a polished and well-balanced motherboard that should satisfy any consumer who has grown sceptical of the gaming motherboard. ASRock ticks nearly all the boxes expected for a mid-range motherboard and at a competitive price."

Associate
Doubt you'll be able to say anything, but at CES we saw a number of AM4 motherboards and got a lot of detail about the various AM4 chipsets including the X300 chipset for SFF motherboards. We didn't actually see any motherboards smaller that Micro ATX. My question is, are you able to say if there will be Mini-ITX AM4 boards available at launch?

Associate
OP
StarShock;30479649 said:
Doubt you'll be able to say anything, but at CES we saw a number of AM4 motherboards and got a lot of detail about the various AM4 chipsets including the X300 chipset for SFF motherboards. We didn't actually see any motherboards smaller that Micro ATX. My question is, are you able to say if there will be Mini-ITX AM4 boards available at launch?
Actually - I do have a list of AM4 boards that will be available by launch, and it doesn't include any ITX boards, I'm afraid. On the other hand, I've heard the same will be true for pretty much everyone else.

Tute;30479699 said:
I was going to ask this and also if there are plans to do some ITX loving on Skylake-X?

Skylake-X is too far ahead in time to even speculate. As usual, if it's possible, it will be done, but definitely no definite answers on that question at this stage. :)

Associate
AsrockMB;30481690 said:
Actually - I do have a list of AM4 boards that will be available by launch, and it doesn't include any ITX boards, I'm afraid. On the other hand, I've heard the same will be true for pretty much everyone else.

Aww, This is a little disappointing :(

Soldato
When can we expect to hear more on the Asrock AM4 boards? its no secret that the CPU launch is imminent, but word on the motherboards is sparse, got anything you are allowed to share yet?

Soldato
AsrockMB;30479330 said:
No news is good news as far as a support thread goes, but now it's our turn to share a little something with you - namely the Z270 Extreme4 review over at KitGuru: http://www.kitguru.net/components/motherboard/ryan-martin/asrock-z270-extreme4-motherboard-review/

Perfect if you're looking for a board without gaming bling, as Ryan Martin so eloquently puts it: "The Z270 Extreme4 is a polished and well-balanced motherboard that should satisfy any consumer who has grown sceptical of the gaming motherboard. ASRock ticks nearly all the boxes expected for a mid-range motherboard and at a competitive price."

Hi,

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum...xtreme4-kaby-lake-atx-motherboard-review.html

Thomas is claiming that the board is being subject to overvoltage on DRAM. He doesn't really know what he is talking about, but in case you want to clear up any misinformation regarding the board.

Associate
OP
SiDeards73;30489181 said:
When can we expect to hear more on the Asrock AM4 boards? its no secret that the CPU launch is imminent, but word on the motherboards is sparse, got anything you are allowed to share yet?
As we're sure you understand, we're limited in what our partners allow us to share about upcoming platforms. There will be boards, they won't be that many at first, but they should cover most bases, ranging from lower mid-range to high-end.

Silent_Scone;30489379 said:
Hi,

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum...xtreme4-kaby-lake-atx-motherboard-review.html

Thomas is claiming that the board is being subject to overvoltage on DRAM. He doesn't really know what he is talking about, but in case you want to clear up any misinformation regarding the board.

We'll look into this - thanks for the heads-up.

Soldato
Asrock Rep, please pass this feedback on, the battery on the Taichi board is offset in the black circle, this kinda ruins the aesthetics of the board, yeah i know, it will be in a case, often without a window, but still, many of us have windowed cases and like to show off our rigs, that battery placement is a bit of an eyesore!

A quick fix could be to have some form of black cap that sits over the top of it to mask the silver battery against the black background, issue solved! Long term it might be an idea to either move the print on the board to align up a bit better, or move the battery socket to a more aligned point ;)

Anyhow i thought i would let you know, quite a few people have commented this is a major turn off for them, i know right? bit childish etc, but it is what it is, people care about aesthetics :)

Soldato
Shame about the ITX AM4 boards, looks like my X99E-ITX will have to serve me for a little bit longer...

Unless Zen sucks that is, in which case i'll probably go Coffee Lake...

Associate
OP
Asrock Rep, please pass this feedback on, the battery on the Taichi board is offset in the black circle, this kinda ruins the aesthetics of the board, yeah i know, it will be in a case, often without a window, but still, many of us have windowed cases and like to show off our rigs, that battery placement is a bit of an eyesore!

A quick fix could be to have some form of black cap that sits over the top of it to mask the silver battery against the black background, issue solved! Long term it might be an idea to either move the print on the board to align up a bit better, or move the battery socket to a more aligned point ;)

Anyhow i thought i would let you know, quite a few people have commented this is a major turn off for them, i know right? bit childish etc, but it is what it is, people care about aesthetics :)
Noted - you're right indeed. Will forward this info to the people designing the stuff.

Shame about the ITX AM4 boards, looks like my X99E-ITX will have to serve me for a little bit longer...

Unless Zen sucks that is, in which case i'll probably go Coffee Lake...
It'll be similar to other new platform launches - there will be ITX boards later on, but not initially. :)

Soldato
For your ASRock AM4 needs, we have a microsite:

http://www.asrock.com/microsite/AMDAM4/

As some of you might already know, our initial X370 lineup includes the X370 Killer SLI/ac, Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4, the X370 Taichi as well as the Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming - specs can be found at the bottom of the link above.

Nice, couple of questions

Other vendors seem to have better DDR4 Support even reaching upto 3600mhz i believe? Does Asrock plan on being able to offer upto or over 3000mhz Ram support? your official site just shows 2666mhz

Why so much red on motherboards? i personally hate red as a colour, would much prefer blue or white LED's as seen on Taichi :) Please ask your guys to make Blue motherboards and RGB in place so users can customise to their needs if possible!

Are there more X370 motherboards expected? and more B350 motherboards? If so when are we likely to hear about them?

Associate
Is the professional gaming (the one with 5GB lan) the same mosfets and caps as the taichi? Out of the taichi and professional, which would be the best overclocking motherboard? Also, as posted above, will DDR4 speeds over 3000 be supported please?

Back
Top Bottom