The Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q – a 27” 1400p 144Hz Monitor with G-SYNC

Soldato
Hi guys me again .... Before any one says oh man why have you not RMA it yet . I've been chating to the support team from where i got the monitor only by email so far ..But now i am starting to get a little bit sick of this OUT OF RANGE problem and G-SYNC seems to work when it feels like it ..I really feel that there is some thing wrong with this monitor after all so just waiting now for the online retailer to get back to me .. Here is a video i made today regarding the problem that i am having with this monitor ,Now I know that I was 100% sure that G-sync was not working when i first got the monitor because when it does work the games are really smooth and feel amazing .. its like going from 60hz to 144hz then going back to 60hz you don't even have to know the setting on to feel the changes ... In the video you can see that G-sync is not working and not even close to working white then orange light on power button ,So looks like this monitor will be going back after all just to wait for the support team to get back to me again ..I feel pretty sad if I am honest and I am not to sure if ill even get another one if i get a refund or want to get another one ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyLyeXcZGgc&feature=youtu.be

As previously advised have you replicated the issue on another computer? If so then just return it. Too expensive to accept anything but perfection.

Soldato
Was already discussed.

The small batch due for 15th seemed very...small. Rest of us have to wait for end of month.

Not kept up with the thread mate :)
I know i asked before ordering, as Gibbo said he was getting a larger order shipped in, that was for the 15th. Hence my post above, guessing that stock never arrived as the preorder date has been put back ;)

Associate
Sorry, if someone specifically quotes me and asks me a question I will tend to reply. If someone hadnt signed up specifically to bait me on the subject then a single post would have been all that was needed.

And yes, I agree, useful info and feedback on this monitor (that I have a serious interest in buying) would be good.

I actually signed up to ask what the delay from the 15th to the 29th was for. I just took the opportunity to point out how misinformed you are because trust me, you are not special enough for anyone to create an account for. Not in the slightest.

And to the rest of you, I'm sorry for going off topic I'm just trying to update someones misinformed closed mind.

Last edited:
Associate
So Glad that i never sent my monitor back all that waiting was worth it so it would seem .. Just got an email from NVIDIA

ManuelG NVIDIA Software QA team

If someone here has an Overclockers.CO.UK forums account, could you let user know there that it looks like we have fixed this issue and fix will be in the next driver as I am not able to get approved by their webmasters to join their forums. Thanks.

Me : its just a driver problem and will be fixed in next driver . So ill hang it out until then .All so if there are any admins round here can you go check ManuelG name and activate him he would like to post here and help out people with there problems ...

Last edited:
Soldato
Not kept up with the thread mate :)
I know i asked before ordering, as Gibbo said he was getting a larger order shipped in, that was for the 15th. Hence my post above, guessing that stock never arrived as the preorder date has been put back ;)

Nope, that order/stock DID arrive and more pre-orders were filled. It just, seemingly, was not that big of an order. Hence why the rest of us on pre-order are waiting until the end of the month.

Associate
So Glad that i never sent my monitor back all that waiting was worth it so it would seem .. Just got an email from NVIDIA

ManuelG NVIDIA Software QA team

If someone here has an Overclockers.CO.UK forums account, could you let user know there that it looks like we have fixed this issue and fix will be in the next driver as I am not able to get approved by their webmasters to join their forums. Thanks.

Me : its just a driver problem and will be fixed in next driver . So ill hang it out until then .All so if there are any admins round here can you go check ManuelG name and activate him he would like to post here and help out people with there problems ...

Are you able to elaborate more on what the issue with the driver is?

Permabanned
[ZiiP]carrot;26762887 said:
Was looking into this a bit last night, seems a lot of these types of monitors only have display port :( would have been nice to have some hdmi action and pass through for audio for the consoles :(

Adds lag as Asus/Nvidia have stated to have multiple inputs (PCM2 here does not agree though so I thought what I read years ago was wrong but Asus/Nvidia says differently in their videos) and HDMI does not have the bandwidth for that RES+HZ so pointless.

The fastest OC version of the Korean panels have 1 input though its Dual Link DVI because it can do 1920x1080@120HZ and some have no OSD for some reason (not sure why).

Last edited:
Associate
I'm pretty interested in getting a ROG swift at some point within the next few months, one thing I'm interested in, is it possible to have the Swift hooked up via DisplayPort, and a second monitor (IPS or TN) through HDMI, off of one graphics card? The second screen would mainly be for things such as battle log, a screen for console gaming etc. Would this cause any sort of interference with G-Sync or potentially, a prominent drop in frame rates? Any feedback would be really helpful, cheers.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm pretty interested in getting a ROG swift at some point within the next few months, one thing I'm interested in, is it possible to have the Swift hooked up via DisplayPort, and a second monitor (IPS or TN) through HDMI, off of one graphics card? The second screen would mainly be for things such as battle log, a screen for console gaming etc. Would this cause any sort of interference with G-Sync or potentially, a prominent drop in frame rates? Any feedback would be really helpful, cheers.

I have this same question mate, can anyone give any insight on this topic?

Associate

Yes, I have the DP cable from my 780ti to the Swift and a HDMI to my Samsung tv, can run them both duplicate or extended, at correct resolution aswell. Gsync still works ingame but you will get a drop in frames as the gpu has to render more pixels. My gpu loads heavier and gets hotter when I turn my TV on.

Associate

I have my GTX780ti connected to my ROG Swift with DP and to my Dell IPS monitor with a dual link cable. I can run both together as extended desktop or as replicated, or I can disable one a just run a single monitor. It works fine. I use my IPS for photo editing and my ROG Swift for gaming.

Associate

Well, if you'll excuse the mess, does this answer your question?

2d0an7p.jpg

I'm running SLI - so two monitors are running off card 1 and the third off card 2.
The refresh rate of the ROG and GSync aren't affected by the other screens at all.

Back
Top Bottom