The Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q – a 27” 1400p 144Hz Monitor with G-SYNC

Soldato
He is a salesman, not a monitor expert. Is all I will say. :)

Are we still talking about this 'Linus' person? Absolutely agree if so. I don't trust anyone or any site that's advert heavy and is 'sponsored by' blah blah.
And the guy's voice. Sweet jesus. How do complete dweebs like him have the confidence to put themselves in front of a camera. He should be upside down in a bin after being bullied by a gang of 7 year olds, and not on my internet. Baffling.

Caporegime
Are we still talking about this 'Linus' person? Absolutely agree if so. I don't trust anyone or any site that's advert heavy and is 'sponsored by' blah blah.
And the guy's voice. Sweet jesus. How do complete dweebs like him have the confidence to put themselves in front of a camera. He should be upside down in a bin after being bullied by a gang of 7 year olds, and not on my internet. Baffling.

I proper laughed at this :D

I quite like the guy though and enjoy his reviews..... :o

Associate

LOL, and I also said that I cant stand his high pitch girlie AHD voice :D

I will never listen to that dude once more if I dont absolute must, what a joke he are heh!

Associate
Well i've just caught back up on this thread as i've been on holiday for the past 10 days. Insync, are you high?

I replied to you on the 1st of august about what colorimeter I used and you even replied to me and said thanks?!?

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=26695329#post26695329

Seriously I've been nothing but helpful in this thread. There's only one clown posting and that seems to be you :rolleyes:

Oops really sorry about that mate, must have mixed you up with another person.

Really sorry I mean it, and your right you have been helpful over here!. Sorry man!

Associate
I want a gaming monitor, he said the 4k was the best gaming monitor, then the LG, now the ROG... if he actually prefered the LG for gaming then why didnt he say that instead of declaring the ROG the best gaming monitor

You cant describe every product you review as "best" without coming across as vapid

Were they not released after each other? Not to entirely defend the guy, but "best" does change across product launches.

Associate
Let's keep competitor talk our of this thread - there has been enough drama already.

It has nothing to do with competitor talk I just wanted to know when did the guys who received their monitors from OcUK pre-order them. I canceled my pre-order (from OcUK) yesterday after waiting since mid July and seeing around 5 unrealistic ETA dates pass by (or which it seemed so for me). I know it's probably just me being impatient but I'll just wait until the monitors are in free stock.

Soldato
It has nothing to do with competitor talk I just wanted to know when did the guys who received their monitors from OcUK pre-order them. I canceled my pre-order (from OcUK) yesterday after waiting since mid July and seeing around 5 unrealistic ETA dates pass by (or which it seemed so for me). I know it's probably just me being impatient but I'll just wait until the monitors are in free stock.

good shout, no competitor talk!

I'm buying one can't wait!! will upload pics:D:D

Soldato
Were they not released after each other? Not to entirely defend the guy, but "best" does change across product launches.

Which would be fine, except the Lg wide and the Rog swift are diametrically oposite in terms of what they offer, he went from fast TN high res, to Ips wide and then back to faster TN non-wide lower res, it isnt a flow that makes any logical sense, unless you consider the option that the reviewer just gives glowing reviews to every product he advertises (/reviews lol)

Soldato
Which would be fine, except the Lg wide and the Rog swift are diametrically oposite in terms of what they offer, he went from fast TN high res, to Ips wide and then back to faster TN non-wide lower res, it isnt a flow that makes any logical sense, unless you consider the option that the reviewer just gives glowing reviews to every product he advertises (/reviews lol)

i see you've got a 4k for sale, i assume you've got the rog? how was 4k ? did you miss the hz or what?

Associate
Making an estimate of mid-July as being around 14th - 16th, then your order was probably less than a week after mine.

Soldato
i see you've got a 4k for sale, i assume you've got the rog? how was 4k ? did you miss the hz or what?

I went from a 1440 IPS to the 4k, i had the rog on preorder but have gotten fed up of delays and my DK2 has now been shipped, so i'll be playing with the Rift while i decide what to do next, either try the ROG or 4k gsync, or a bigger 4k or what

There's nothing wrong with the 4k, i am actually very impressed, but ideally I want a gsync monitor, and if 4k a bigger one

Last edited:
Soldato

Yep my mistake. Misread your post.

Associate
So was I the first person that received a faulty Rog, got the monitor setup was trying it with several games and was just about to start optimizing it when the left hand side of the screen started to have a green dot snowy effect.
Managed to some how rectify it however within an hour it went again and this time noticed that even with the displayport cable not plugged in as soon as I turned it on it showed the effects.

Monitor has now gone back under rma but need to wait to see if I will get my replacement in the next batch, so in one hand I was lucky to get the monitor in one of the first batches but unlucky that it looks as though it might be one of the first ones to get sent back as faulty.....

Back
Top Bottom