The Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q – a 27” 1400p 144Hz Monitor with G-SYNC

So was I the first person that received a faulty Rog, got the monitor setup was trying it with several games and was just about to start optimizing it when the left hand side of the screen started to have a green dot snowy effect.
Managed to some how rectify it however within an hour it went again and this time noticed that even with the displayport cable not plugged in as soon as I turned it on it showed the effects.

Monitor has now gone back under rma but need to wait to see if I will get my replacement in the next batch, so in one hand I was lucky to get the monitor in one of the first batches but unlucky that it looks as though it might be one of the first ones to get sent back as faulty.....

That's annoying for you, I feel your pain. Buying screens seems such a lottery these days.

Relating to this, I don't see much talk of backlight bleed, clouding or panel uniformity issues anywhere much. Have Asus got decent quality control, or is it just because hardly anyone has them yet???

Last edited:
Hey guys!

How do you sit when playing, eye level at top of the screen or e.x in the middle of the screen?
I can see that the top darkening if not have my eyes at the top of the screen, same for you I guess ?
It was the same on my Vg278H so there must be the TN panel, right. But I read about that this panel should have very little colour/darkening shift but I dont know, I think it's the same as on my VG278H.

Not that it disturbs, just want to hear your input lads :)

So was I the first person that received a faulty Rog, got the monitor setup was trying it with several games and was just about to start optimizing it when the left hand side of the screen started to have a green dot snowy effect.
Managed to some how rectify it however within an hour it went again and this time noticed that even with the displayport cable not plugged in as soon as I turned it on it showed the effects.

Monitor has now gone back under rma but need to wait to see if I will get my replacement in the next batch, so in one hand I was lucky to get the monitor in one of the first batches but unlucky that it looks as though it might be one of the first ones to get sent back as faulty.....

Unlucky, sorry to hear of your issues. I hope you get a replacement in the next week or so.

I sit with my eye-level at the top of the screen, but the top tilted away from me, so top and bottom are about equi-distant.

Alright, I sit pretty much the same but often I swipe down on my chair so my eye level are a little below top screen, around middle I should guess and thats fine most often. And I also compensent and tilt it a little away from me!

Big thank you for your input mate :)

Which would be fine, except the Lg wide and the Rog swift are diametrically oposite in terms of what they offer, he went from fast TN high res, to Ips wide and then back to faster TN non-wide lower res, it isnt a flow that makes any logical sense, unless you consider the option that the reviewer just gives glowing reviews to every product he advertises (/reviews lol)

If you actually pay attention to the videos he states what each one is good for.

• In his opinion the ASUS PB287Q 4K Monitor is the best monitor if you're looking for 4K
  • The LG 34UM95 is good for productivity, movies and immersive gaming with its 21:9 aspect ratio and also because he personally prefers better colour reproduction compared to fast displays.
  • The ASUS RoG Swift PG278Q is the best G-Sync monitor, and also the only option for 1440p @ 144Hz.

It's up to you to decide what feature set you want. You just seem to want to be spoon fed what monitor to buy.

Lmao

In the LG review he says that 4K is dead to him, and in the Rog review he says that it is the best gaming monitor, no mention of prefering the LG for gaming

As has already been pointed out, he is an advertiser, not really a reviewer

How can you say that a particular 4K monitor is the best 4K monitor when you've only tested that one? Durrr
Ditto gsync... Has he tested all of the gsync monitors to be able to say this is the best one?

And no, I dont want to be spoonfed what monitor to buy, i want open and honest reviews, not blatant advertising pieces with no actual subjective testing beingdone

Last edited:
Lmao

In the LG review he says that 4K is dead to him, and in the Rog review he says that it is the best gaming monitor, no mention of prefering the LG for gaming

As has already been pointed out, he is an advertiser, not really a reviewer

How can you say that a particular 4K monitor is the best 4K monitor when you've only tested that one? Durrr

And no, I dont want to be spoonfed what monitor to buy, i want open and honest reviews, not blatant advertising pieces with no actual subjective testing beingdone

i don't understand this pointless "discussion". is this thread about linus, or the Swift?

if you don't like him, don't watch him. simple as that. :rolleyes:

Sorry, if someone specifically quotes me and asks me a question I will tend to reply. If someone hadnt signed up specifically to bait me on the subject then a single post would have been all that was needed.

And yes, I agree, useful info and feedback on this monitor (that I have a serious interest in buying) would be good.

Hi guys me again .... Before any one says oh man why have you not RMA it yet . I've been chating to the support team from where i got the monitor only by email so far ..But now i am starting to get a little bit sick of this OUT OF RANGE problem and G-SYNC seems to work when it feels like it ..I really feel that there is some thing wrong with this monitor after all so just waiting now for the online retailer to get back to me .. Here is a video i made today regarding the problem that i am having with this monitor ,Now I know that I was 100% sure that G-sync was not working when i first got the monitor because when it does work the games are really smooth and feel amazing .. its like going from 60hz to 144hz then going back to 60hz you don't even have to know the setting on to feel the changes ... In the video you can see that G-sync is not working and not even close to working white then orange light on power button ,So looks like this monitor will be going back after all just to wait for the support team to get back to me again ..I feel pretty sad if I am honest and I am not to sure if ill even get another one if i get a refund or want to get another one ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyLyeXcZGgc&feature=youtu.be

I've canceled my order for the time being. I was getting bored of the waiting and I'm better off putting the £699 else where. I still want a monitor of this spec though but i will wait now untill there's some similar products, this probably some time next year though.

So unless the swift drops to £499 or lower when Xmas rolls around (wishful thinking) I'm out for a while and stick with my Korean 27"

I don't get why people turn a defective unit into a massive drama, surely you can go back to the monitor you were using before?

It's a shame that a couple of guys have problems, it sucks even more you have to wait for a replacement but no product ever has a 100% perfect record, ask for £50 quid off while you wait or something and move on.

It's been known since January that this monitor on first release is going to be hard to come by and limited quantity for the first couple of months, buying any new tech on release has it's risks.

Hi guys me again .... Before any one says oh man why have you not RMA it yet . I've been chating to the support team from where i got the monitor only by email so far ..But now i am starting to get a little bit sick of this OUT OF RANGE problem and G-SYNC seems to work when it feels like it ..I really feel that there is some thing wrong with this monitor after all so just waiting now for the online retailer to get back to me .. Here is a video i made today regarding the problem that i am having with this monitor ,Now I know that I was 100% sure that G-sync was not working when i first got the monitor because when it does work the games are really smooth and feel amazing .. its like going from 60hz to 144hz then going back to 60hz you don't even have to know the setting on to feel the changes ... In the video you can see that G-sync is not working and not even close to working white then orange light on power button ,So looks like this monitor will be going back after all just to wait for the support team to get back to me again ..I feel pretty sad if I am honest and I am not to sure if ill even get another one if i get a refund or want to get another one ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyLyeXcZGgc&feature=youtu.be

Might not help but just in case there is some weird windows monitor inf stuff going on make sure you have deleted all the monitors from device manager (including hidden ones) and reboot. Also I assume you've tried it on another machine?

Back
Top Bottom