The Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q – a 27” 1400p 144Hz Monitor with G-SYNC

Soldato
Gibbo, would that be with one monitor plugged in per card or do they all go into one?

I don't run surround but just curious how it works with SLI as I may try it when my new system is finished.

Soldato
Think the only criticism I've seen regarding this monitor (apart from the usual TN points) is that it's expensive. Judging by the way they are selling though I think that might have been short sighted.

Key question is: How long do Asus have exclusivity over the panel and are any other manufactures planning to build a rival panel with similar specifications. I guess then you need to factor in the availability of the GSYNC units. It could be a while until we see any alternatives.

I haz 4090!
Don
Think the only criticism I've seen regarding this monitor (apart from the usual TN points) is that it's expensive. Judging by the way they are selling though I think that might have been short sighted.

That's the only criticism I can give it myself. It's a fantastic monitor BUT, at the end of the day, it's still £700 for a TN panel. It's almost like playing with a CRT again though and as my PC is mainly used for gaming, I can just about justify it.

OcUK Staff

Key question is: How long do Asus have exclusivity over the panel and are any other manufactures planning to build a rival panel with similar specifications. I guess then you need to factor in the availability of the GSYNC units. It could be a while until we see any alternatives.

No other manufacturers have a monitor on their roadmaps to compete. Asus own this segment and the price will no doubt remain close to £700 Until early-mid 2015.

Next UK shipment is end of September and only 250pc, they can't make them quick enough, I could increase my price to £899 and sell out. I won't but those saying they won't buy until its less, you will be waiting a long time and maybe never.

However check our B-grade section, some sub £600 used ones there, with dead pixels.

Soldato

Just remember that AU Optronics make the panel, and they are the parent company of BenQ. If you look at the direction BenQ have gone in with their upcoming XL2420G and their 'hybrid' functionality you can see that giving users the 'classic' experience when G-SYNC isn't used is also important to them. I don't think they're quite happy with the lack of flexibility offered by a 2560 x 1440 G-SYNC monitor which you can't connect to games consoles, for example, or adjust certain BenQ-specific features on. I am sure they're very eager to get something a bit like the SWIFT out there. For the moment and in the known pipeline ASUS are the first to have done the legwork and to be satisfied with the solution as it stands.

Man of Honour
Just remember that AU Optronics make the panel, and they are the parent company of BenQ. If you look at the direction BenQ have gone in with their upcoming XL2420G and their 'hybrid' functionality you can see that giving users the 'classic' experience when G-SYNC isn't used is also important to them. I don't think they're quite happy with the lack of flexibility offered by a 2560 x 1440 G-SYNC monitor which you can't connect to games consoles, for example, or adjust certain BenQ-specific features on. I am sure they're very eager to get something a bit like the SWIFT out there. For the moment and in the known pipeline ASUS are the first to have done the legwork and to be satisfied with the solution as it stands.

yep, totally true. BenQ will almost certainly have a model at some point according to what i've been told, but they want to provide further functionality in "classic mode" as well

OcUK Staff
yep, totally true. BenQ will almost certainly have a model at some point according to what i've been told, but they want to provide further functionality in "classic mode" as well

Earliest date is October, but realistically next year for BenQ 27" G-Sync with 2560x1440 functionality.

OcUK Staff
It says in the setup manual that if you want to run 3 screens with GSync you will need 3 cards, one screen into each card.

Could be the case, my experience is just eye-finity setups and you just plug them all into one card.

Maybe with NVIDIA and G-Sync it is different, but it sure is possible.

Soldato
Just picked mine up, installed and running - First impressions are - wow.

Just looking at it in the box while turned off is impressive - Those bezels....mhhhm.

Pictures in spoilers

rog_swift (2).jpg

rog_swift (3).jpg

rog_swift (8).jpg

rog_swift (5).jpg

rog_swift (9).jpg

rog_swift (6).jpg

rog_swift (7).jpg

rog_swift (11).jpg

rog_swift (12).jpg

rog_swift (1).jpg

Last edited:
Associate
GUYS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Think I have managed to arrange another sameday truck, fingers crossed we will have another 100+ arriving today if all goes to plan, meaning you get them in time for weekend. :D

We rock! :D :D :D :D :D

Is this still the case? Because if so im going to say screw it and cancel the 2 month order i've had with another (apparently pathetic) company who apparently wont get any until week 2 of Sep and even then they're unsure...

Associate
Can anyone that owns the rog swift please measure and tell me the absolute minimum height of the monitor with its stand. I'm hearing 17.5 inches - 445 mm - from some sites and 17 inches from others. I need to know which it is as it will be fitting in 17.4 inch space so may have to buy a vesa mount .

Back
Top Bottom