The Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q – a 27” 1400p 144Hz Monitor with G-SYNC

Can anyone that owns the rog swift please measure and tell me the absolute minimum height of the monitor with its stand. I'm hearing 17.5 inches - 445 mm - from some sites and 17 inches from others. I need to know which it is as it will be fitting in 17.4 inch space so may have to buy a vesa mount .

According to a user on OCN here

It's 17 1/2" at lowest.

Another retailer has received a low amount of stock, been hovering over the purchase button for 10 minutes...

Doubt they offer the same as this though:

OcUK Exclusive Service: Warranty regarding dead pixels falls under ISO rules and as such dead pixels if very few are not an actual fault. But at OcUK we value our customers especially when spending such a large amount of money on what is a flagship gaming monitor. As such even if you only have 1 dead/stuck pixel and it has not gone after 3 days, we will class the monitor as faulty and exchange it for you at no cost to you. This service is exclusive at OcUK for Asus ROG Swift ONLY or other qualifying monitors! (Valid for 28 days from purchase)!

Is this still the case? Because if so im going to say screw it and cancel the 2 month order i've had with another (apparently pathetic) company who apparently wont get any until week 2 of Sep and even then they're unsure...

Nope the distributor receiving the stock won't give them a booking in-slot until 8am so our courier has got to wait over-night now until tomorrow morning to collect them. :(

The good news is they promised they will be booked in by 9am at the latest and onto our truck by 10am, meaning they should land with OcUK HQ by 14:00.

As such if you want one for the weekend, select Saturday delivery and as I am a nice person, if you do the order over the phone with our sales department we shall also give you Saturday delivery free of charge. :)

Can anyone that owns the rog swift please measure and tell me the absolute minimum height of the monitor with its stand. I'm hearing 17.5 inches - 445 mm - from some sites and 17 inches from others. I need to know which it is as it will be fitting in 17.4 inch space so may have to buy a vesa mount .

I measure closer to 17 1/4" at lowest height.

LUOM2nTl.jpg

Thanks, just wanted a real measurement just to be 100% sure. :)

EDIT: "I'm Gonna Need a Bigger Desk" overhangs by a few CM due to my case on left side.

Last edited:
Sad times....

Ordered back on the 24th as a pre-order. Stock finally came in and was shipped out to me.

Checking the DPD status, it was "on it's way to your nearest depot". Then suddenly the status changed to "Package on it's way back to OVERCLOCKERS".

Chased this up with support and was told that there was an issue with the invoice and that they would inspect and re-dispatch to me.

Great, I can deal with that, I've waited over a month I can wait a little longer.

Next thing I am being refunded for an RMA which I had no part of and the support agent simply says "you will have to reorder".

Bearing in mind that the money could take 7 days to be back in my account and there is a stock shortage I'm feeling very disappointed.

Not even so much as an apology and acknowledgement of a mistake. Spent over 4K and have bigger and better plans to build using components from Overclockers UK as I have always done exclusively, but this is really pushing me to start looking somewhere else.

Sad times....

Ordered back on the 24th as a pre-order. Stock finally came in and was shipped out to me.

Checking the DPD status, it was "on it's way to your nearest depot". Then suddenly the status changed to "Package on it's way back to OVERCLOCKERS".

Chased this up with support and was told that there was an issue with the invoice and that they would inspect and re-dispatch to me.

Great, I can deal with that, I've waited over a month I can wait a little longer.

Next thing I am being refunded for an RMA which I had no part of and the support agent simply says "you will have to reorder".

Bearing in mind that the money could take 7 days to be back in my account and there is a stock shortage I'm feeling very disappointed.

Not even so much as an apology and acknowledgement of a mistake. Spent over 4K and have bigger and better plans to build using components from Overclockers UK as I have always done exclusively, but this is really pushing me to start looking somewhere else.

Ive never had a refund take 7 days copy this into the support forums the guys there are better than on the phones i find :)

Fire a post in the Customer Service Section and someone will sort you out. They're generally pretty good.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=116

Just have, will see what they say. Probably not much they can do at the moment seeing as I have no outstanding, paid-for, order.

At the very least I would hope they reserve the monitor for me until the refund money is back in my balance!

Thanks for the help guys.

You're right, this probably isn't the best place for such a post (I just needed to vent a lil, ha!) although I'm new to the forums so my apologies.

Thanks

Never be sorry for wanting what you've paid for, i wasn't slating you for your post id be ****ed to , i only meant i prefer to deal with the support forums they are fast efficient and have always helped me out :)

Thought I'd post my thoughts after receiving mine today, partly because I'm an AMD user so maybe a bit unique.

Firstly, arrived promptly, usual OCUK good service, although I'm a bit peeved that had I waited a day to order, I'd have gotten free Borderlands ;) oh well..

I realised in a mad panic yesterday evening that both my Desktop and Laptop only have MiniDP ports, and ordered a MiniDP-DP cable from Amazon for next day delivery. my friend wants one of these monitors and has an nVidia 690, which is also MiniDP only. It could be a good idea for OCUK to suggest a MiniDP-DP cable at the checkout, as otherwise idiots like me will end up being unable to play with it when it arrives ;)

So, monitor arrived at work. I was impatient and opened it there, connecting it to my Laptop (nVidia GT 650m GDDR5). I was surprised to see the light go red, indicating g-sync was on, although I could find no option about this in the nVidia control panel. This is a little weird as the GT650m isn't supposed to support g-sync. I had a mad panic thinking the monitor was broken, before realising that apparently if the MiniDP connector is fully in, the machine detects the display but doesn't work? Might just be the el-cheapo amazon cable, but I found when pulling it a fraction, it clicked into place about 1mm out of the socket. Other than that, it seemed fine. Looked for dead pixels, found none. Didn't bother trying games, as the laptop is a bit anaemic, and I was at work ;)

Got the monitor home, and re-arranged my desk. My previous setup was a Dell 30" 2560x1600 panel (WFP3007-HC) as my main monitor, and and LG 27EA33V 27" 1920x1080 panel as my 2nd. Both monitors were IPS...

I have donated the LG to my other half, and the 30" has been demoted to 2nd monitor, with the ROG taking pride of place.

First impression firing up a game? It's a lot smaller than a 30". More so than I expected. 2nd impression, is that the colours are not as good as my two IPS monitors, but that is to be expected.

My desktop is a 7970 and a 7990 in crossfire, with an i7 4790k. The 7970 is the lead card, mostly because that gives me better temps on the 7990 (apparently whichever chip is actually driving the monitors gets hotter by about 10 degrees, and the 7990 hits 104C and throttles until reboot if it's the main card).

I knew G-Sync wouldn't work, but was hoping ULMB would. No such luck with an ATI card. Even the Strobelight utility won't work (as that sets custom timings based on 1080p, this stopped the monitor displaying at all until I reset it and rebooted).

So, still gives me a 1440p 144hz screen right? Well, yes and no. AMD have supposedly "fixed" frame pacing issues, but only in DX10 and 11. Add to that, the crossfire bridge interconnect with it's 0.9GB/s bandwidth is "enough for 2560x1600", but only at 60hz. (see here: http://www.anandtech.com/show/7729/...rivers-now-available-mantle-frame-pacing-more )

This means that data has to be shunted across the PCIe bus, and in my case, over a PCIe bridge on the 7990. The experience leaves a little to be desired, and I think some of the issues I'm getting are the result of that.

In short, the monitor works on AMD. However, AMD suck donkey balls, so even the non-nvidia feature (144hz 1440p) isn't perfect with AMD. This is no fault of Asus however.

I think you may find less of an issue without crossfire (but driving this monitor to 144hz without crossfire isn't easy) or with 290x crossfire (due to XDMA) but I'd strongly recommend nVidia.

Anyone wanna swap a 7990 and 7970 for a 780ti? ;)

Back
Top Bottom