The Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q – a 27” 1400p 144Hz Monitor with G-SYNC

Associate
Duly noted, makes sense, edited. I was stupidly naive, duh.

Stanners, please edit my quote, thank you :)

Edit: Thanks Stanners.

Last edited:
Associate
This is a right please fully star swearing! monitor!

Seriously its a right piece of kit. If your a serious PC/Tech enthusiast you need to buy one of these.

G-Sync - Meh, don't really see the point with such a high refresh rate, even at lower frame rates I don't see what its doing that is so magic everyone is talking about. Also introduces some kind of flicker on menu's and stuff.

However 2560x1440, 144Hz, imperceivable input lag and fantastic image quality and colours make this the best monitor I have ever used. The only downer is the TN viewing angles but even for a TN these are good.

Its pixel perfect as well. Black uniformity could be better but nothing too bad. Pictures and videos to come. Its worth every penny!

Last edited:
Associate
This is a right ****** monitor!

Seriously its a right piece of kit. If your a serious PC/Tech enthusiast you need to buy one of these.

G-Sync - Meh, don't really see the point with such a high refresh rate, even at lower frame rates I don't see what its doing that is so magic everyone is talking about. Also introduces some kind of flicker on menu's and stuff.

However 2560x1440, 144Hz, imperceivable input lag and fantastic image quality and colours make this the best monitor I have ever used. The only downer is the TN viewing angles but even for a TN these are good.

Its pixel perfect as well. Black uniformity could be better but nothing too bad. Pictures and videos to come. Its worth every penny!

Agree about the monitor but disagree about G-Sync. Download the NVidia Pendulum demo and that demonstrates it perfectly.

Permabanned
The recent PC Perspective/Nvidia YouTube video explains how G-Sync helps even at higher HZ/FPS, the screen will always update at 8ms instead of 16ms (60HZ) and actually it will be about 7ms as 8ms is 120HZ (but that is what they say in video) even when the FPS/HZ drop to 30-40.

Last edited:
Associate
This is a right ****in monitor!

Without G-Sync this monitor wouldn't sell like it does and for this price. GSync is more than just playing at high refresh rates (with GPU fans blowing the roof off the house). It is about, at any Rate, presenting the frame to the screen exactly when it is required. I.E no stutters and jitters and percieved pauses.

Soldato
Without G-Sync this monitor wouldn't sell like it does and for this price. GSync is more than just playing at high refresh rates (with GPU fans blowing the roof off the house). It is about, at any Rate, presenting the frame to the screen exactly when it is required. I.E no stutters and jitters and percieved pauses.

Sensitivity to stuttering (and indeed tearing and latency) varies, which is generally why some people don't feel G-SYNC is such a big deal. Others, who are sensitive to it, feel it's the best thing since sliced bread. Personally I hate tearing and I'm extremely sensitive to stuttering, so it is a wonderful thing having the refresh rate dynamically adjust to match the frame rate.

Associate
I thought i'd come to regret spending so much on a monitor.

I was wrong. Absolutely love this thing it's just so wonderfully built and epic in real world use.

Did I mention I liked it?

Associate
Sensitivity to stuttering (and indeed tearing and latency) varies, which is generally why some people don't feel G-SYNC is such a big deal. Others, who are sensitive to it, feel it's the best thing since sliced bread. Personally I hate tearing and I'm extremely sensitive to stuttering, so it is a wonderful thing having the refresh rate dynamically adjust to match the frame rate.

Me to so this is the best thing happen in a LONG LONG TIME :)
Finaly getting rid of those things, tearing, stuttering that allways have been gaming worse enemy and to finaly say godbye to that is well, better then sliced bread for me and most people I guess :D

Soldato

i find I notice tearing the most after using GSYNC and switching to ULMB. After a while the eyes adjust.

OcUK Staff
GUYS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Think I have managed to arrange another sameday truck, fingers crossed we will have another 100+ arriving today if all goes to plan, meaning you get them in time for weekend. :D

We rock! :D :D :D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom