The Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q – a 27” 1400p 144Hz Monitor with G-SYNC

Caporegime
Is it likely their products are more popular so more faults are reported?

5 in 250 is pretty good going for a monitor when you consider all the issues people had with those LG super wide monitors.

OcUK Staff
Is it likely their products are more popular so more faults are reported?

5 in 250 is pretty good going for a monitor when you consider all the issues people had with those LG super wide monitors.

Of course, it always happens like this, for example:-

Manufacturer A sells 1000 products with 2% return rate = 20 failures and 20 reports potentially in communities, looks bad.

Manufacturer B sells 100 products with 3% return rate = 3 failures, so in online communities looks the better product.

Hence why internets can cause many a rumour which simply are not true.

Asus, iiyama, BenQ, Acer and Samsung are all very low.

LG is a little higher but we've not being selling them long enough to get a fair representation and most RMA's are not faults but un-wanted.

Hazro is high on the 27" models, QC issues, the 30" models are good. DGM (Digimate) were also high on 27" models too but again OK on other sizes.

OcUK Staff
None left!

Second batch has being delayed, new ETA is this Friday, though we are trying to change the courier method to get them here for tomorrow. So worse case they arrive Friday, but slim chance we can get them here tomorrow but trying to arrange same day shipment with a truck not so easy. Unless we book several vans maybe. :D

Associate
They are a gorgeous monitor

I had the pleasure of testing one out a couple of days ago.

If you have the cash GET ONE, you wont regret it :)

Bailey

Have to agree wholeheartedly, it's the best thing happen in a long long time in hardware land :)

As Bailey said, GET ONE :D

For me it's the very best thing I have given myself, aah back to gaming my ROG awaits me :D

Associate
uninstall the oculus runtime/driver, it should now work, rather large nvidia bug there, for now it seems you've gotta install and uninstall this everytime you use the rift with a gsync monitor :eek:

Thought I'd report back that this worked a treat. Thanks very much for your help.

bee

bee

Associate
Thought I'd report back that this worked a treat. Thanks very much for your help.

no problem, it's the only thing keeping me from buying this monitor right now as i have a rift aswell, i expect it to be resolved shortly but it's one hoop too far for me :p

Associate
Preordered mine elsewhere on July 5th, annoyingly missed out on the first batch, then the second batch (August 15th). Was told mine would be despatched on 29th, so imagine my delight when I got a despatch email last Saturday :)

It arrived yesterday and so far I'm absolutely delighted with it! For a while now I've switched between my 27" Dell U2711 and a 120hz 24" BenQ XL2420 TN depending on the game I'm playing. The Asus is a fantastic melding of the two and I'm thoroughly impressed how significantly better the TN panel is compared to my BenQ. I'd say it's much closer in quality to my Dell. Whilst clearly not being quite as vibrant as the panel on that, the extremely aggressive AG coating on my old Dell means the drop off isn't that much.

Plus, the viewing angles are soooo much better than my BenQ. Any vertical movement with that and the colours immediately washed out - didn't bother me too much as I used it strictly for gaming sat in the same spot - but the Swift is a marked improvement. Doesn't touch the Dell for viewing angles, but there's enough of a sweet spot that I don't see nearly as much colour shifting when I move around a little.

This is my first experience with gsync. I'm running off a single gtx780 and so far haven't run anything especially intensive so probably too early for me to judge.

Suddenly find myself with loads of desk space. The Dell and BenQ were sharing space with my Apple Thunderbolt Display, which was a bit of a squeeze. Going to sell the BenQ, but keep the Dell, always handy to have a decent quality spare lying around.

Pretty certain the Swift will keep me satisfied for a few years until 4k at high framerates is a realistic proposition without the need for multiple gpus and massive investment. I'm pretty spendy generally, but I'm really not interested in 4K for the foreseeable future given I value high framerates and I'm not prepared to splooge the necessary amount for that right now. My next upgrade may be another 780 but I'd also need a bigger PSU, so I'm hoping gsync will extend the useful life of it until I build an entire new rig in a couple of years.

Last edited:
Don
Preordered mine from ** on July 5th, annoyingly missed out on the first batch, then the second batch (August 15th). Was told mine would be despatched on 29th, so imagine my delight when I got a despatch email last Saturday :)

It arrived yesterday and so far I'm absolutely delighted with it! For a while now I've switched between my 27" Dell U2711 and a 120hz 24" BenQ XL2420 TN depending on the game I'm playing. The Asus is a fantastic melding of the two and I'm thoroughly impressed how significantly better the TN panel is compared to my BenQ. I'd say it's much closer in quality to my Dell. Whilst clearly not being quite as vibrant as the panel on that, the extremely aggressive AG coating on my old Dell means the drop off isn't that much.

Plus, the viewing angles are soooo much better than my BenQ. Any vertical movement with that and the colours immediately washed out - didn't bother me too much as I used it strictly for gaming sat in the same spot - but the Swift is a marked improvement. Doesn't touch the Dell for viewing angles, but there's enough of a sweet spot that I don't see nearly as much colour shifting when I move around a little.

This is my first experience with gsync. I'm running off a single gtx780 and so far haven't run anything especially intensive so probably too early for me to judge.

Suddenly find myself with loads of desk space. The Dell and BenQ were sharing space with my Apple Thunderbolt Display, which was a bit of a squeeze. Going to sell the BenQ, but keep the Dell, always handy to have a decent quality spare lying around.

Pretty certain the Swift will keep me satisfied for a few years until 4k at high framerates is a realistic proposition without the need for multiple gpus and massive investment. I'm pretty spendy generally, but I'm really not interested in 4K for the foreseeable future given I value high framerates and I'm not prepared to splooge the necessary amount for that right now. My next upgrade may be another 780 but I'd also need a bigger PSU, so I'm hoping gsync will extend the useful life of it until I build an entire new rig in a couple of years.

You may want to remove the competitor!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom