The Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q – a 27” 1400p 144Hz Monitor with G-SYNC

Associate
I want to buy a G-sync monitor at the end of the month. But with the issues discussed with this TN model. Would you buy this, or the dell version instead?

Kinda wondering if anyone has purchased this recently, and noticed any reoccurring issues. Or if it has improved?

Last edited:
Soldato
I've had one for a month, the *only* **very** minor thing is a slight blue tinge in a stripe at the very bottom edge of the screen when showing a black screen, assume this is a tiny amount of bleed. Perfectly acceptable however. No dead pixels or any other problems.

Associate
I've had one for a month, the *only* **very** minor thing is a slight blue tinge in a stripe at the very bottom edge of the screen when showing a black screen, assume this is a tiny amount of bleed. Perfectly acceptable however. No dead pixels or any other problems.

does it say when it was manufactured any where?

Caporegime
If buying new id go for the Dell due to their better support. I own a swift that I purchased secondhand, few little issues but they're very intermittent. But generally I'm pretty pleased with it.

Associate
If buying new id go for the Dell due to their better support. I own a swift that I purchased secondhand, few little issues but they're very intermittent. But generally I'm pretty pleased with it.

thanks! you've helped me to settle on the dell g-sync monitor. the whole asus customer support horror stories, totally put me off lol

Associate
Have you had any blurry text? Like on white backgrounds for example? So want this, but I'm wondering about the quality checks too often.

No blurry text. Never had to use Asus support either although I have used dell for several alienwares and it is nothing short of horrific. Either way, if you bought through a vendor like ocuk, you deal with them, not asus?

Associate
No blurry text. Never had to use Asus support either although I have used dell for several alienwares and it is nothing short of horrific. Either way, if you bought through a vendor like ocuk, you deal with them, not asus?

Fair point....is there any back light bleed? I know about the lottery with the IPS swift. Can't remember about the TN panel though.

Associate
Fair point....is there any back light bleed? I know about the lottery with the IPS swift. Can't remember about the TN panel though.

It is so minimal on mine that its hardly worth mentioning. It was more noticeable at the beginning when brand new but I used the trick with rubbing the panel really gently with a very soft microfibre cloth a couple of times - google "removing backlight bleed by rubbing monitor", check the first hit. It actually works.

I have a non G-sync Asus IPS panel on the desk next to mine which my wife uses (same res). Sure, you can tell the difference between the Swift TN and IPS in terms of contrast ratio, colour depth etc, but its actually not bad at all if you fiddle around with the settings.

Associate
It is so minimal on mine that its hardly worth mentioning. It was more noticeable at the beginning when brand new but I used the trick with rubbing the panel really gently with a very soft microfibre cloth a couple of times - google "removing backlight bleed by rubbing monitor", check the first hit. It actually works.

I have a non G-sync Asus IPS panel on the desk next to mine which my wife uses (same res). Sure, you can tell the difference between the Swift TN and IPS in terms of contrast ratio, colour depth etc, but its actually not bad at all if you fiddle around with the settings.

massaging a panel lol thanks

Associate
Does this do 3D Vision well? I've read some comments saying it's pretty bad. Anyone tried it?

I think it does 3d vision very good. Maybe I am not that picky:confused: Far from being bad.
Can compare it with my old benq and friends asus, no complaints. There were issues with 3d vision and sli, but now nvidia finally sorted them with drivers.

Soldato
For some odd reason HDCP is completely disabled on my Swift, I only found this out when trying to watch a film on Amazon Prime in HD and couldn't click on HD due to HDCP being disabled.

I've tried a spare older low low low end monitor I have with Display Port and AP HD works and HDCP is displayed as functional but as soon as I connect the Swift, HDCP is completely disabled.

I've had this Swift for around 6 months now, The Swift works brilliantly, No dead pixels, Perfect screen etc... apart from this which I can't figure out, I've tried even using different DP cables and GPU's to no avail.

8hDLvEd.png

Associate
For some odd reason HDCP is completely disabled on my Swift, I only found this out when trying to watch a film on Amazon Prime in HD and couldn't click on HD due to HDCP being disabled.

I've tried a spare older low low low end monitor I have with Display Port and AP HD works and HDCP is displayed as functional but as soon as I connect the Swift, HDCP is completely disabled.

I've had this Swift for around 6 months now, The Swift works brilliantly, No dead pixels, Perfect screen etc... apart from this which I can't figure out, I've tried even using different DP cables and GPU's to no avail.

8hDLvEd.png

Have you tried removing the nvidia drivers completely using those third party uninstaller programs...and reinstalling it again?

Man of Honour

Have you tried making sure the cable is in properly at both ends and/or changing cable? I've found the stock cable a bit unreliable the connectors don't seem to be the most robust.

Back
Top Bottom