The Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q – a 27” 1400p 144Hz Monitor with G-SYNC

Associate
2lt6247.jpg

Would you lads RMA that? Only had the screen for a week and I'm already seeing a white/blueish line appear at the bottom of the screen :|.

I did take some screens with the light off but it makes the whole screen appear white even with the flash off. That one above you can clearly see that blue line anyway. Not sure about dead pixels, backlight bleed etc as I'm not actually sure what I'm testing for, from what I have seen everything else seems to be in check from my view and from the lack of understanding about monitors I'll probably be wrong.

A week and potentially one problem already. I even had to buy a new power adapter because the ones provided were wrong, a tad annoying.

Images wider than 1280 pixels should be resized or placed in spoiler tags as i have done this time. Thanks setter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man of Honour
What brightness is that with? that would be borderline for me depending on how noticeable it was in normal use with moderate levels of brightness.

Associate
What brightness is that with? that would be borderline for me depending on how noticeable it was in normal use with moderate levels of brightness.

Brightness 70, contrast 50. I tried turning it down even further its still noticeable. It definitely wasn't there on the first day I got it. I did some reading on the internet and others said it seems to show up within 3 days of use :o. Sounds about right.

Soldato
Every ten minutes on the dot my screen turns itself off, Says no signal then goes blank, I have all the power settings in windows set to never turn the monitor off yet when I press escape the monitor comes back on.

Anyone experienced this ?

Soldato
Every ten minutes on the dot my screen turns itself off, Says no signal then goes blank, I have all the power settings in windows set to never turn the monitor off yet when I press escape the monitor comes back on.

Anyone experienced this ?

That's odd? My Asus ROG Swift has been running perfect since Asus first released it. Maybe a windows setting?

Man of Honour
Probably the power supply failing - though I've not had it like that - my original PSU does the opposite at ~10 maybe 15 minutes intervals where it wakes the monitor up from standby.

I half wonder if the power supplies are the actual source of so many of these monitors failing rather than the panels themselves - both of the original PSUs I've got my hands on were really nasty when put under the scope but both were also failing so it might be due to that rather than their original state.

Soldato
Probably the power supply failing - though I've not had it like that - my original PSU does the opposite at ~10 maybe 15 minutes intervals where it wakes the monitor up from standby.

I half wonder if the power supplies are the actual source of so many of these monitors failing rather than the panels themselves - both of the original PSUs I've got my hands on were really nasty when put under the scope but both were also failing so it might be due to that rather than their original state.

If it was the PSU surely pressing any button or moving the mouse wouldn;t turn it back on again ?

It's only when the monitor is idle does this happen, I'f I'm in a game I can be gaming for hours but as soon as 10 minutes idle hits the scrren turns off like I have the sleep function in the power options section checked.

Soldato
Turned out to be a funky windows install, Formatted and re-installed and it's all good now, Turns out that no matter which setting I had the "Turn of the display after xx minutes" on, It would always default to 10 minutes.

Last edited:
Soldato
Had this monitor for a few months now and its good at what it does but, i dont like the coating it has on the screen, it makes the reading of txt not so pin sharp as im used to and if you scroll up and down and look at the screen you can see the coating quite clearly. Grainy to say the least.

Last edited:
Associate
Tbh id just suffer the hit and buy an aftermarket psu. You could end up getting a worse monitor than the one you have by getting a replacement. Shame that the customer has to resort to this though.

I did the same. I just wonder how many months of properly working monitor my 13 quids bought me ;)

wnb

wnb

Soldato
I finally managed to get a replacement power supply from Asus which solved the problem. The only problem now is the replacement screen they Asus me has 5 dead pixels:(

Back
Top Bottom