The Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q – a 27” 1400p 144Hz Monitor with G-SYNC

So for every one that has a asus swift :) is this monitor worth it? I have money sitting here so not worried about that.

I herein good and bad things about this swift but I do really wont good gaming1440p 120+ monitor and I use NVidia cards so come on should I buy this beast?

So for every one that has a asus swift :) is this monitor worth it? I have money sitting here so not worried about that.

I herein good and bad things about this swift but I do really wont good gaming1440p 120+ monitor and I use NVidia cards so come on should I buy this beast?

IMHO I would wait , I have been wanting for seven months to get my hands on one ,Now I have it I am really in two minds ,

I love the look of the monitor its style is very good ,I got it for G-sync and 1440p which is very nice , But there seems to be a problem with G-sync for me I am getting bad mouse input lag in game ,When i should be getting none of that .

So if i was to go back a week and no what i know now then i would just wait until next year ,

But its really up to you ,know one can make your mind up for you if the money is burning a hole in your pocket then i think you will get one .

:P

I love the look of the monitor its style is very good ,I got it for G-sync and 1440p which is very nice , But there seems to be a problem with G-sync for me I am getting bad mouse input lag in game ,When i should be getting none of that .

:P

This is what stopping me. If there is lag in g-sync then what the point in g-sync ??? erm I am in the same boat waited 7 months for it to be released saved up my money and now I am not sure. :(

This is what stopping me. If there is lag in g-sync then what the point in g-sync ??? erm I am in the same boat waited 7 months for it to be released saved up my money and now I am not sure. :(

I would wait my friend .. Should not be getting any input lag that is what it was created your right ..

It's in the Graphics Card forum.

Thanks ill look see if i can find it ..

Nope i must be going blind i cant find it ... Mind you I am pretty stressed at the moment with this monitor ..

Last edited:
Not really followed the thread but looks like you need to run it at 120Hz rather than 144 to make g-sync worth using at the moment?

Not really followed the thread but looks like you need to run it at 120Hz rather than 144 to make g-sync worth using at the moment?

On what basis?

There are some suggestions about capping game FPS to 135 to negate any possible V-SYNC input lag but other than that I don't see why you would want 120Hz.

Unless it's the ULMB you are talking about?

Was a question - from skipping through the thread and reading some stuff elsewhere seems it doesn't work very optimally over 120Hz currently - does 144/135cap work better than 120 g-sync'd?

Was a question - from skipping through the thread and reading some stuff elsewhere seems it doesn't work very optimally over 120Hz currently - does 144/135cap work better than 120 g-sync'd?

Hence my question. On what basis are you forming this question?

I've not read anything that would indicate that 120Hz is preferable over 144Hz?

The only thing I am aware of is that ULMB only works with 120Hz (IIRC)

Care to post some quotes?

If i am getting Input lag with 2 x 780 cards and set the game to all low in BF4 for this test and still getting input lag yet showing 140 fps and G-sync enabled this tells me some thing is not right .The game should be butter smooth as some one Quoted in a another post or forum cant remember . I really have no clue whats going on i'am so dispointed right now words can not describe .

If i am getting Input lag with 2 x 780 cards and set the game to all low in BF4 for this test and still getting input lag yet showing 140 fps and G-sync enabled this tells me some thing is not right .The game should be butter smooth as some one Quoted in a another post or forum cant remember . I really have no clue whats going on i'am so dispointed right now words can not describe .

Try using the suggestion earlier in the thread, set BF4 to 135fps (open console with ` and enter gametime.maxvariablefps 135) and use 144Hz with gsync or otherwise try 120Hz with gsync and no specific fps cap.

Make sure your enabling g-sync properly IIRC its a 2-3 step procedure.

EDIT: Smoothness in BF4 can be affected by a lot of things - if you've not done it look into core unparking and you might also find you need to try a renderdevice.renderaheadlimit between 1 and 3 when using multi GPUs.

Last edited:
Try using the suggestion earlier in the thread, set BF4 to 135fps (open console with ` and enter gametime.maxvariablefps 135) and use 144Hz with gsync or otherwise try 120Hz with gsync and no specific fps cap.

Make sure your enabling g-sync properly IIRC its a 2-3 step procedure.

EDIT: Smoothness in BF4 can be affected by a lot of things - if you've not done it look into core unparking and you might also find you need to try a renderdevice.renderaheadlimit between 1 and 3 when using multi GPUs.

You do not need to cap fps when using G-SYNC , That is what G-sync is for when fps changes g-sync will sync the frames to match the refresh rate making smooth and stutter free ,which its not for me maybe i have a faulty monitor , Renderahead with G-sync .

Last edited:
You do not need to cap fps when using G-SYNC , That is what G-sync is for when fps changes g-sync will sync the frames to match the refresh rate making smooth and stutter free ,which its not for me maybe i have a faulty monitor , Renderahead with G-sync .

I get no lag when using a controller. It works as it should.

i recommend 120Hz over 144hz g-sync or not

no real difference between the 2 and i'm a refresh rate whore

also running 144hz causes your GPU to stay in a higher power state and not down clock on the desktop

The problem is that when you run into the 144hz monitor refresh rate cap, gsync effectively works a bit like vsync and you get input lag. So setting a cap slightly bellow the monitor refresh rate eliminates that problem. Other then that, it should be lag free, but might be a problem with BF4 specifically. How does it feel with ULMB mode active and low settings?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom