The Batman (Matt Reeves)

Associate
I only realised recently that the bloke directing this is the same person who directed the last 2 of the recent Planet of the Apes trilogy, which I absolutely loved, so I'm quite a bit more hyped for this now. Got my tickets for Saturday :)

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Booked for this Saturday. Can't wait. Seen this headline from ign which is hopeful. Avoiding all spoilers until then.

Matt Reeves’ violent, thrilling, darkly beautiful take on The Batman more than justifies its place in the franchise’s canon. 10/10.

Soldato
Given the only other stuff i have seen RP in was the Twilight stuff, I originally wasn't holding much hope for this as I was very much a fan of the Nolan films, however, I did like Batfleck, who sucked serious balls as Daredevil, so I'm open to the possibility that RP has grown as an actor (which apparently he really has) and that the direction and script will really show a good representation of the Batman..

I'll give it a chance and will go in with no expectations.

Soldato
Given the only other stuff i have seen RP in was the Twilight stuff

I'll give it a chance and will go in with no expectations.

Pattinson has very much shrug off the twilight stigma over the last decade and proved himself a varied and competent actor across quite a few movies.

Good Time would be a good starting point to see his change and growth.

Soldato
So reviews out are either 'gritty masterpiece ' or 'self absorbingly average'.
I guess somewhere in between lies the truth.
yeah, a couple of the YouTube reviews I follow said it's too long and pretty dull. Kinda glad that I'm not looking forward to it. Might give it a watch when it's on HBO in a month or 2

Caporegime
I do hope this is good.

But if it's anything like the planet of the apes remakes, which were well received critically, but I personally found a bit....forgettable.

I wouldn't be itching to watch that trilogy again, put it that way.

Back
Top Bottom