The Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhhh well guys I'm back from a well deserved week long holiday, feeling all refreshed now, thanks very much jester. I feel like a new man, it's like getting detention and learning never to be naughty again.....oh wait ;-)

It's not over yet boy. I haven't bent you over my knee and slapped your backside with my long wooden ruler.

Yes, that's what I meant. I was confusing HUD with the stupidly oversized markers. It's like having a post-it note on my monitor.

Pictorial representation of nuisance flag markings.

pV8nOp8l.jpg

:D
I feel like that should be much brighter and somehow more in your face, or in the way of your crosshairs... lol

Last edited:
I checked this one through for swearing and i can't see / hear any, but I apologise if I have missed anything.

Stulid this is what your microphone was sounding like last night. It is louder in the video than in real life (play it at about 1/2 volume for what it was like last night). The second part is after I boosted your volume in TS to the maximum available amount (20 dB I think).

That last bit is pure gold! :D

Apologies for dragging it up again, but BF4 is an 18+ game, and as such those playing it should be 18 or older (and so accustomed to the odd swear word here and there). Also, as it is an 18+ game, those under 18 should not be viewing this thread as they would have nothing to discuss, and so should not be exposed to any swear words within it.
Moreover, swearing is built into the game - there are numerous voice lines for the characters that feature swearing and these cannot be disabled. To disallow any form of swearing in videos is just senseless as it essentially means that no videos featuring any BF4 content can be shown, either within this thread or indeed on these forums. As you may have noticed, videos are a popular source of content in this thread and lead to a good deal of discussion (which you will effectively be nulling - kind of defeats the purpose of a discussion based forum if you cannot discuss anything, no?).

To extend this argument to other subforums, will you be removing every single video that contains a cuss word and banning those members too? In the music subforum, for example, will you be removing and banning for posts there? Good luck finding a hiphop song (or indeed any song these days) that does not feature a swear word. Will you be moderating any video that contains violence? Those too, are surely unsuitable viewing for those under the age of 18?

I also agree with earlier sentiments that an instant ban was unnecessarily harsh. Arguably more serious offences have occurred (even within this thread) and only resulted in warnings - to ban a member for a single, comparatively minor swear word, without warning or even just removing the video, seems like absolute overkill.

Last edited:
If this bloke thinks BF3 is so much better, why doesn't he go back and play it?

I personally think BF4 is an excellent game.

He does... He says so in the video. In fact it looks like a lot of people are doing exactly that, because according to stats pages there's 23,000 people on BF3 PC now, compared to 43,000 on BF4 PC. There is no way a sequel should be doing less than double the numbers of the original game, especially this long after launch, unless something's gone wrong.

And to you guys talking about CTE, I'm sure it is better than the standard BF4 experience but it can't fix the main problems, which all relate to ****** map design. That said, judging from YT gameplay videos, the HUD/minimap still looks worse than in BF3. They were both perfect in BF3, so why **** with them?!

Apologies for dragging it up again, but BF4 is an 18+ game, and as such those playing it should be 18 or older (and so accustomed to the odd swear word here and there). Also, as it is an 18+ game, those under 18 should not be viewing this thread as they would have nothing to discuss, and so should not be exposed to any swear words within it.
Moreover, swearing is built into the game - there are numerous voice lines for the characters that feature swearing and these cannot be disabled. To disallow any form of swearing in videos is just senseless as it essentially means that no videos featuring any BF4 content can be shown, either within this thread or indeed on these forums. As you may have noticed, videos are a popular source of content in this thread and lead to a good deal of discussion (which you will effectively be nulling - kind of defeats the purpose of a discussion based forum if you cannot discuss anything, no?).

To extend this argument to other subforums, will you be removing every single video that contains a cuss word and banning those members too? In the music subforum, for example, will you be removing and banning for posts there? Good luck finding a hiphop song (or indeed any song these days) that does not feature a swear word. Will you be moderating any video that contains violence? Those too, are surely unsuitable viewing for those under the age of 18?

I also agree with earlier sentiments that an instant ban was unnecessarily harsh. Arguably more serious offences have occurred (even within this thread) and only resulted in warnings - to ban a member for a single, comparatively minor swear word, without warning or even just removing the video, seems like absolute overkill.

This isn't up for debate, it's part of the rules of the forums that swearing isn't allowed. This includes all sections without any exception and applies to text, image, video or sound file.

Like I've already said within this thread, I swear like a trooper but I can manage to refrain from doing it on the forum. It's not difficult guys, just double check before posting.

Happy gaming :)

I hated the majority of maps in bf 3, they were just made for aircraft rape:

- spot and shoot away at all the doritos
- no limit in ammo for the vehicles
- insane splash damage
- stupidly quick reload for flares etc. and aa etc. were pure ****

Remember posting a video in the bf 3 thread where some jet pilot went something like 100+ kills and 0/1 deaths. Was a big open farm type of map, zero cover whatsoever and simply hitting the Q button to spot the entire enemy team and then swooping down for the kills.

Guaranteed every time I joined a conquest large game, there were a couple of "pros" in the attack heli and jets just raping everything in sight and going like 70+ to 0 deaths. Wake island was the worse map ever for it....

Regarding the HUD/minimap, bf 4 is much better imo, but it is "too" in your face, for bf 3, it was too subtle and also looked **** imo.

Last edited:
This isn't up for debate, it's part of the rules of the forums that swearing isn't allowed. This includes all sections without any exception and applies to text, image, video or sound file.

Like I've already said within this thread, I swear like a trooper but I can manage to refrain from doing it on the forum. It's not difficult guys, just double check before posting.

Happy gaming :)

I'm not debating it, I am merely seeking clarification and trying to explain why it is potentially detrimental to the forums as a whole - especially when they are clearly marketed as a discussion forum. Stopping yourself from swearing is incredibly easy (but congrats on your self-control), but eliminating swearing when its coded in is impossible - how do you propose we eliminate swearing from this subforum when the game itself features voice lines with cussing?

So going from that, do you check every music video to see if there's any swearing, and if so, do you suspend them?

I also asked this question, could you clarify this as well? Also, what is the stance on violence in videos?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom